PDA

View Full Version : Indian CPL and Class XII Physics

Ravian
11th Oct 2005, 10:07
Hi

I'm going for a conversion to Indian CPL. Eevrything is fine except for my Class XII physics which I did in New Zealand. The DGCA is giving me grief about getting the HRD ministry to verify NZ class XII as equivalent to Indian Class XII !!!!

Have you encounterd this kind of thing? Let me know what your experience was, and how a happy ending was achieved.

Also, how does it work for foreign nationals applying for airlines here: do they also require class XII math and physics, and if so, how are their school qualifications verified!

Another question: is the DGCA THE most Bureaucratic thing in the flying world, or is there worse awaiting a pilot in India?

Cheers

Ravian

p.s: I do have class XII Math from India.

rsoman
11th Oct 2005, 14:13
You say you have Class XII Math from India but not class XII physics?

No wonder DGCA is smelling a rat!

Ravian
11th Oct 2005, 20:39
A rat, you say?

Actually it's called 'Commerce with Maths' - a common CBSE option for XIIth boards. (Surely you're aware of that!)

It's so common in fact that the DGCA routinely directs applicants who didn;t study Math and/or Physics in Calss XII to the NIOS (formerly the National Open School) to conduct those specific exams. I've been advised the same as a safety net; except that the next exams are in March/April 2006 - an additional 6 months wait!

I happen to have done the same in New Zealand while working there.

Ergo, my question: anybody have any experience with presenting foreign high school qualifications to the DGCA?

R

rsoman
12th Oct 2005, 03:06
Apologies Ravian
The commerce stream never entered my thoughts.
Good luck with your conversion!

NB : Also please check ur PMs

Ravian
9th Nov 2005, 17:47
The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) -
http://www.aiuweb.org/index.htm - is the authority that verifies authenticity and equivalence of foreign marksheets. I've now interacted with pilots who got their foreign Xth and/or XIIth marksheets certified as Indian X/XII equivalent from the AIU. And just this morning the Director - Training and Technical, DGCA, confirmed this.

Thus endeth the hunt.