PDA

View Full Version : Australian Defence Force Low On Money

victor two
11th Oct 2005, 03:13
Just reading an article in The Australian newspaper which desribes how a recent report on the finacial future for the Asutralian Defence Force looks bleak.
With ultra expensive projects like the JSF, new transport choppers, new (rebuilt) tanks plus the on-going war on terror and an expanded role for our domestic military forces, the ADF looks to be anchored down with a shortfall of over 1 billion dollars a year based against current and promised defence spending.

Essentially, the report states that a large fiscal gap is emerging and that curent projected deefence spending simply has not accounted for real life defence needs.
Other problems such as high turnover of ADF staff (up to 40 percent) in some sectors is also crippling the ability of the ADF to function.

Doesn't sound too good for our boys and girls in uniform. I guess it's then same story in every other western military at the moment.

We do however have a loose $100 million to spend on TV ads for new workpalce legislation................. great.

Not good.

Can I just apologise for the raft of spelling mistakes in the above post, I was running out the door as I sent it.

Vic