PDA

View Full Version : EC-120 5-chopper aerobatic video

Tickle
10th Oct 2005, 23:38
Hi everyone,

Someone passed this on to me. It's a 23Mb video of 5 EC-120's doing an aerobatic display at an airshow.

http://www2.flightlevel350.com/videos/1128293525.wmv

Tickle.

gadgetguru
11th Oct 2005, 00:16
dud link

what did you search by at the website to find that particular video?

cheers

Tickle
11th Oct 2005, 03:42
Sorry, it works for me if you save it as a file.

Go to:

http://www.flightlevel350.com/viewer.php?id=4436

That has the video on it.

twinstar_ca
11th Oct 2005, 05:04
excellent video... thanks for sharing it!! :ok:

CRAZYBROADSWORD
11th Oct 2005, 10:27
Sorry not very impressed all bar the aggresive wing over you can do in an R22, and the display lacked any exitement.Mind you that might be down the the editing.

Capt. Vilo
11th Oct 2005, 10:46
A bit more impressive than a R22 wouldn't you say CRAZY

TheMonk
11th Oct 2005, 13:16
Dennis Kenyon they are not.

What a shame, all those expensive equipments, and I'm much MUCH more impressed w/ the 300C that Dennis used.

Do some more Dennis, I'll tape yah!

Tha Monk

NickLappos
11th Oct 2005, 13:37
Fairly standard stuff, wingovers and such, but the 4-ship wheel was impressive, and the teamwork nicely done. That alternate break, where the two rows break toward each other is a great way to make world headlines, I think. Once the bank toward each other is started, there is no way out, and collision is unavoidable if the entry is misjudged.
Overall, though, very nice work, especially for a team that is not made of manufacturer's pilots!

SASless
11th Oct 2005, 15:00
Nick,

Few demo teams are manufacturer's pilots.

NickLappos
11th Oct 2005, 17:25
SASless, right, and that is why they do not get as energetic with the machine.

Aser
11th Oct 2005, 17:34
Seems that we have a good number of perfect "I would do it better" display pilots here... :yuk:

The video is from a Spanish Air Force demo team "Aspa" (blade) , they are professionals as Nick said.

so..

Please a bit of respect

Aser.

SASless
11th Oct 2005, 18:05
Nick,

When was the last four aircraft factory formation display team...it would be news to me if there ever was one.

VeeAny
11th Oct 2005, 18:27
A reasonable collection of videos here.

http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/videos/

Can be slow to download as hosted on a slow link

V.

DennisK
11th Oct 2005, 21:50
Can I post an information board.

My support team are presently producing a dedicated helicopter display DVD.

Its a one-hour compilation of the best heli aero displays we've recorded in the last couple of years and contains thirteen different presentations. There are two Enstrom Shark routines from the North Weald Aerofair and the Rougham show at Bury St Edmnds. (both include full 360 degree loops) Also Three DRK Schweizer 300C items, being the 2005 Shoreham RAFA event, the 2005 Rouen World Champs and a six minute 'cabin interior' display sequence, where the pilot's control inputs show up well.

Its all to display commentator, Peter Eager's VO and accompanying music, (pop and classic) A highspot, is the superb Mil 2 display by the Russian World Champ, Gari Georkov. An absolute masterpiece of big helicopter handling. We've put it alongside a stirring piece of Russian choral music.

I loved the 80 degree 'nose-up' circling manoeuvre, which Gari promptly switches to nose down in half a second, and all at under 100 feet. You'll have to agree, one of the smoothest extreme displays by a big machine you're likely to see.

We also have Carl's equally spectacular 18 Squadron Chinook display routine. Twenty metric tons of metal being heaved about as if it were my tiddly Schweizer 300. Wonderful.

The DVD is being advertised in Transair's Christmas catalogue and ALL sale proceeds go to my son's 2006 heli scholarship for 18 to 23 year old youngsters. Planned price is £14. 99p and .... plug .... plus. t'will make a super present for any heli mad guy/gal in the family.

I'm planning to get it into most/all UK heli school's bookshops before Christmas so please support our scholarship efforts.

Thanks to you all out there. Keep the posts coming.

Dennis Kenyon.

PS Anyone seriously flown the Pezetal SW 4. Drop me a PM please.

Aser
12th Oct 2005, 05:43
Great idea!
Just post the website to order it ;)

Aser

Thomas coupling
12th Oct 2005, 20:13
I thought when it started that it was a copy of us "Sharking" the RN Gazelles in 'the 80's and 90's. Some of those demonstrations were mirror images of what we did. Even sounded the same!!

It could have done with some barrell rolls and torque turns to spice it up a little.

Bit sloppy if you ask me!

SASless
12th Oct 2005, 20:21
Nick,

Or might it be that yer average ol' factory pilot cannot fly formation? I heard that was how gun ship pilots got selected from the Slick Platoons in a place far away a long time ago.;)

cyclicmicky
13th Oct 2005, 07:30
Dennis Contact Kevin Lynch at heliorg in Coventry...he has flown the pzl and really rates it.
PS did you enjoy the barbie at the worlds:E ??
Micky.

Tickle
19th Oct 2005, 06:08
I agree that the EC-120 display wasn't as great as I had hoped but the multi-ship aspect was nice, though.

Dennis, do you think you could post an in-cockpit video of you doing some of your routine one day? I would love to see the control effort going into your amazing performances.

Tickle.