PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Travel Club --> Miles & More

Momo
10th Oct 2005, 16:25
Like any Swiss Travel Club member, I just received the "offer" to register before November 15 to be able to migrate to M&M at current status. There is no indication of what the conseqences are if I do not register. I am currently Gold with TC, and have been Senator for a number of years with LH, but lost it last year.

The Swiss scheme is much, much more attractive. Perhaps it has contributed to their loss-making status. However, based on experience, even with Circle status (above gold) you do not get automatically upgraded on Swiss, but with Senator status you have a reasonable long-haul upgrade chance with Lufthansa, at least from economy to Business. I only once got a freebie to First with LH.

It's the mileage aspect that is most different. It is much easier to earn free flights on Swiss. Swiss Gold status gives you lounge access no matter what airline you fly. LH Senator does not.

Anyway, that's not the point of the question, I suppose. Has anyone heard anything about the consequences of not registering?

Momo

11th Oct 2005, 06:57
I too am a member of the swiss travel club and I'm planning a trip with the miles I have. Just have to read the very fine print carefully to see wether I should book early, before I transfer everything to "miles and more" or if I should book after transferring. Or if lose all the miles if I dont transfer........

Momo
11th Oct 2005, 09:25
I have now registered. On the registration page, it says you lose your miles if you do not agree to transfer to M&M. I imagine they will ultimately be forced to have a grace period.

As for using your miles, if you have Senator status, the second ticket costs 50% less. Meaning, if you travel with your significant other, it costs fewer miles than with Swiss. With Swiss, children cost 50% fewer miles, but not with LH.

Momo