PDA

View Full Version : That ad with the helicopter on aussie TV...

ginjockey
10th Oct 2005, 02:47
There currently is rather dramatic commercial screening for a private health insurance provider on aussie TV where a "rescue" chopper is scrambled on a grey and sinister looking stormy day and goes powering along the beach, skimming along over the rocks and ocean, piloted by a grim faced, helmeted mass of facial hair. The machine arrives over a rocky outcrop and fast ropes some crew down to administer a soothing bit of reiki and a foot massage to a bloke and his wife................

Any of our aussie gurus know whereabouts that was filmed and if that is a fake EMS machine or a real one?

Gin

helicoptersareus
10th Oct 2005, 03:17
I think you will find these are the guys.

http://www.virtualsorrento.com.au/rescuesquad.htm

Looks like the coast line south of Melbourne near where these guys are based.

John Eacott
10th Oct 2005, 10:03
I confess that I flew the camera ship, but my twin in the SPRS hero cab may be concerned at that description ;) :p

We shot the aerial chase down around Cape Schanke, plus the plate shots of the LongRanger for the rappelling. The actual rappel was done from a crane suspended basket, put together in post production.

The same shoot we did the aerial shots of the ambulance through the city for the other advert, which finishes witha pair of oriental acupuncturists leaping from the ambulance to deliver roadside therapy.

All in all, a fun advert to shoot :cool: :ok:

ginjockey
10th Oct 2005, 23:03
Thanks John, you know that about a second after I posted the question I had this feeling that you might be involved somehow.
As for the facial hair thing, that's just jealousy and insecurity on my behalf as it would take me about 6 years living in a taliban cave on the fringes of Pakistan to grow a beauty like that.

Thanks again for the responses. I want your job too Mr Eacott.....

cheers

gin

John Eacott
22nd Oct 2005, 07:54
Link to the advert, here. (http://www.cranbrook.com/preview/medibank/)