PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Air Race - Perth Nov 06

Richo
9th Oct 2005, 13:11
WOW

Just saw on the CH 7(Perth) News.

Perth Lord Mayor Peter Naratas and the (Raving Looney) Labour Party Pollie for some portfolio or another, standing in Drews hanger talking about PERTH bieng awarded the RED BULL AIR RACE to be held in NOV 06.

The race to be over PERTH Water (the swan river in front of the city for those non-wassies) with free accsess to all. They showed some good fottage of all types of aerobatic machines cutting up the sky including inverted ribon cuts, pylon races and low level aeros.

Im not sure what Drew and the boys have had to do with it but if you did, then a big FU%$EN A to you. The footage on the news featured the Pitts and Nanchang with Laser and AT6 in the background. Sure was good advertising hay mate.

I am sure that when the news gets around it will be winner for westaussie aviation. So who knew about it, I cant belive that it was kept quiet so effectively. Werener (Yergu's luv child) must have known but kept it from us. Not sure about all the legal stuff such as CASA and insurance, but obviously with the Lord Mayor and Pollies involved, it seems real.
I know that the PCC told CASA to pull thier heads in over the WPA flyin at langley park in 2004, maybe the PCC are willing to give it a go again. Lets hope that the homework has been done.

All in all its, GREAT news.

SEE YOU THERE.

Richo

SmoothCriminal
9th Oct 2005, 15:07
Hmmmmmm......

Quote....
" Not sure about all the legal stuff such as CASA and insurance, but obviously with the Lord Mayor and Pollies involved, it seems real."

Oh really.....From when did Lord Mayor and the pollies started to decide on the safety of the skies.......
I shall be VERY interested to see any RedBull stunts approved by CASA.

Something waiting to happen..... produces nice media stuff when it all goes ok........Just a matter of time.......

Have you seen the videos of those Circus Flying stuff .....It's (not) good as long it's in Budapest or in the Holland land aey.

Smoothie's......Gone......:confused: :ok::mad:

nomorecatering
9th Oct 2005, 22:10
Its exciting stuff, but i just cant see it happening. CASA will surely step in and say you can have the RedBull race, but with no aerobatics and no flying below 1,000 ft. Just like they did for one BK airshow, they even made the Roulettes do a non aero display.......WTF!!!

Is there any chance the Langley Park fly-in will ever happen again. I know some boofhead built a bloody great big tower at one end of the park but the last time I was in Perth I walked the whole length of the park and the tower did look to be just off to the side of the approach path.

Mr.Buzzy
9th Oct 2005, 22:20
Hopefully the yarpies and their oldschool pommy beaurocratic ways wont destroy the event! I can hear 'em now!

Resident:(pommy accent)
"They came so close to my house you know. He was upside down and the engine was so loud. My cats were terrified and the streets were lined with patch covered jacketed enthusiasts looking to the skies in raybans and clutching those illegal police scanners"

CASA:(thicker pommy accent)
"Yas well aaahs an appointed delegate to the regulator of airspace and airborne mechanical machinery. I really moost ensist that moochines comply with all lowcal jeewristiction and fly neeeybourrly, adherhing paarticularly to the exstensive SID/STAR network which aas been impleeemented by our good collleagues from the branch division of all things convoluted, complicated and not required."

bbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wizofoz
9th Oct 2005, 23:05
There are already more than one pilot in Australia approved to do low level, inverted ribbon cuts, several with 0' display approvals, and a few dozen with approvals between 300 and 1000' (mines 700), and with due repect to the likes of Pip Borman and Chris Sperou, the pilots in the Red Bull series are a quantum above anyone flying in Aus.

It is no great stretch to see the air race course approved in aus.