PDA

View Full Version : rotorheads

down & out
1st Jan 2000, 00:14
I have a problem, I have been flying helicopters for almost 20 years now, and with about 12,000 hours. I got hurt on the job by falling and hurt my back pretty bad.
It looks like i may lose my medical, but i truly hope not. But there is that chance. I just wanted to know if any of you out there have that sort of problem, and what you did about it or if you know of someone that has.
Like most of you flying is my life and i truly love my job. Thank you. down & out

helidrvr
2nd Jan 2000, 19:59
You may want to get in touch with an outfit called PILOT MEDICAL SOLUTIONS. Their URL is www.leftseat.com (http://www.leftseat.com)

Good luck

baldspot
3rd Jan 2000, 07:40
Per chance, are down + out and helidrvr related?
One post each. One asking for advice. One quick response to a convenient site. And err, just when all those hackers are tapping in their millennium virus links.
Please excuse me both drivers if you are genuine - but it's a little odd.

Slainte

helidrvr
3rd Jan 2000, 19:09
Hey Baldspot, I never heard of or encountered Down & Out in my life. Just thought I should share what might be useful information for him. I was grounded myself for two months a couple of years ago and, let me tell you, it sure made me face mortality head on for the first time in my life. Lucky for me, I was able to rectify my medical problem and get reinstated. It is during this episode that I found the URL for Pilot Medical Solutions.

By the way, is Down & Out by chance an old buddy (or more?) of yours and are you getting
just a little posessive?

down & out
3rd Jan 2000, 20:46
Thank you for your reply to my problem that i have. I am looking in to all that i can to stop this problem before it gets out of control. Down & out is just me and no one else.

Cyclic Hotline
4th Jan 2000, 10:22
I suffered from Chronic back problems for years and have used Chiropractors for 10 years to relieve the pain. After a minor injury turned into a year long battle to regain my health and mobility, I started looking into every option,(barring traditional back surgery).
I would recommend "The New Back Doctor" by Hamilton Hall M.D., for a complete and re-assuring source of information regarding this disabling problem.

Myself? - back to the gym, serious working out and using weights to tone and strengthen upper body, as well as improve overall level of fitness. In the last year, I have become the fittest I have been in 10 years and my overall heatlh has probably never been better. The best options sometimes rely on providing your body the best means of repairing and strengthening itself.

baldspot
7th Jan 2000, 04:35
My apologies helidrvr and down & out.
Suitably embarrassed, I will now try to find out the best advice I can.
First suggestion, from a colleague with a similar problem, is to find a good chiropractor.
He has been undergoing treatment for some time now. Yes, he still has problems but he is rapidly learning to cope both physicaly and professionaly.
In the meantime it would certainly warrant seeking legal advice regarding your injury.
If, as it appears, your injury was directly related to your work then you have a strong case.

down & out
7th Jan 2000, 05:06
Thats OK baldspot. Just trying to find some help. So far there has been a lot of good advice. I donot want to say to much here aboat how it happen. But it was not my falt at all. thanks

helidrvr
7th Jan 2000, 19:17
accepted :) keep the whirly side up.