PDA

View Full Version : LHR Renaissance Hotel

Jinkster
8th Oct 2005, 09:49
Just wondered if anyone has stayed at the hotel. Any good?

:)

Final 3 Greens
8th Oct 2005, 10:58
I stayed there in May, on a cheap deal from a consolidator.

The room was a little old fashioned in style, but very comfortable and immaculately clean.

I ordered room service for dinner, it was delivered quickly, was well cooked and tasty.

So on the evidence of one night, I'd glady stay there again.

angels
8th Oct 2005, 15:07
Dunno if you have to stay in that specific hotel, but if you're interested, there's a thread going on Nightstop about Jury's hotels at LHR.

Cheers.

aaaaa
8th Oct 2005, 15:48
I have stayed there many times and you can get some good deals if you are not going to be there on a weekday - check the internet. In fact I normally stay there when travelling out of LHR, the first time was in 1973 or thereabouts!

Service has always been ok but best to get breakfast elsewhere (unless it is included) as it is quite expensive.

Needless to say if you want good views of the airport that is one of the best places to be. Just make sure you emphasize that you want an airport view when booking and on check in.

They actually do a spotters package at weekends!

If you go there, enjoy.aa

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
8th Oct 2005, 21:57
Mrs NEO & I stayed there a couple of years ago. We had an OK (and that is it) time. The bar was very cold and unfriendly but the rooms were clean etc. The food was average (IMHO). Overall I agree with F3G.

One night, no problem. After all, it is an airport hotel mainly for transit people.

Hope that helps !!

Cheers,

NEO:ok:

bojangles1310
11th Oct 2005, 12:09
see hotel reviews on

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g528813-d214652-Reviews-Renaissance_London_Heathrow-Hounslow_Middlesex_England.html

I've stayed there twice whilst on business. Ask for room 2200 as this has a great view of Rwy 27R/09L

The rooms have excellent sound proofing, meaning you wont be disturbed by aircraft noise, in fact the air con was noisier!

Adequate size clean rooms, good bathroom/wc and storage. IMO, the food was generally of a high standard, dinner buffet at GBP £25. Bar prices are expensive tho.

If you fancy a decent curry, the Indian along Sipson Road (called the "Achari") is very good, and was packed on the Tuesday night we were there, only a 5 min drive, or 15 walk from the Hotel.

newswatcher
11th Oct 2005, 12:30
Try bcp (http://www.bcponline.co.uk) or holidayextras (http://www.holidayextras.co.uk) for deals :ok:

Jinkster
21st Oct 2005, 13:59
Many thanks for all the help - currently using the internet access in the hotel!

PilotsPal
23rd Oct 2005, 11:13
I was at this hotel a week ago - it's always my first choice for LHR accommodation. I'll just throw in a word for the Sipson Tandoori, which was excellent. Two of us ordered five food items, one glass of wine and a large bottle of Perrier. bill was £28.

striparella
28th Oct 2005, 23:24
In my opinion, and believe me, it's well researched, the Renaissance is the third best hotel at LHR, trailing behind the Marriot and the kick you in the crotch fantastic Radisson Edwardian.

Yes the Marriot has a pool, the but Radisson has a marble stair case and Molton Brown toiletries!!

Can you tell small things impress me?

Jinkster
29th Oct 2005, 08:56
Was quite amazed to see no Molton Brown - even the Crown Plaza at MAN has Molton Brown!

spiney
7th Nov 2005, 04:30
I used to use the Edwardian quite a lot also - and you're right it's the best of the bunch... but the last couple of times I was there, it was a Saturday and they had these big Wedding Receptions on.. with huge numbers of very noisy guests... Great if you're into gate-crashing weddings... bummer if you need some sleep.

Oh yeah - and it's the closest to the Burger place - and if you've just spent a month in India, this is not an insignificant consideration. Yup - Edwardian does it for me.