PDA

View Full Version : JIA lockdown?

makeapullup
8th Oct 2005, 08:28
Anyone know whats going down at JIA this morning? Police and locked gates!

saywhat
8th Oct 2005, 09:55
I heard there was another heist on the apron.

Stayinalive
8th Oct 2005, 10:14
Its no wonder there has been another heist on the apron...drive thru the back entrance of JIA where Safair / Nationwide ops is and you will see that there is no piont about complaining about the security......there is none!!
Boom down for cars entering....no problem...drive around. Somebody needs their arses kicked BIG time.:hmm: :*

Rhodie
8th Oct 2005, 11:42
Gang tries to rob airport
08/10/2005 13:08

Johannesburg - A gang of 15 men attempted to rob the cargo section of the Johannesburg International Airport on Saturday, North Rand police said.
Superintendent Eugene Opperman said police foiled the robbery which took place around 09:00.

It was not clear what the men were looking for.

"When police arrived, the men jumped into the four vehicles they came in and drove away. There was an exchange of gunshots but no one was injured".

He said the airport was sealed off in search of the men, but no one was arrested.

News24/SAPA

Shots fired, no arrests...??? :mad:

It seems the same story in every report these days - "Police arrived (well, wonders never cease..!!) shoot at suspects (like the "A Team" - never actually hit anyone), suspects escape...."

R

alwaysinverted
8th Oct 2005, 12:02
:p Buddies DON'T kill Buddies!:ok:

The Police & the Security are so IN on these deals, it's just not true. Everytime a valuable cargo (Diamonds/gold/currency) comes in/goes out, the "boys" are notified, and the plans made.

Corruption & collaboration are now part of everyday life in the SAPS & Security Firms.

Believe you me, there are a couple of "Godfathers" who've got all the info, the henchman and all the help they need. It's all part of the "personal enrichment" of the "new Royal Black Elite".

More BMW's, more MB AMG's, more 4X4 SUV's, more girlfriends, hookers, drugs, guns & cash!

That's the new SA for you! Rumour has it that a couple of really high profile Government Officials are involved, or directing some of the heists.

I'll believe it!

Rhodie
8th Oct 2005, 14:08
."When police arrived, the men jumped into the four vehicles they came in and drove away. There was an exchange of gunshots but no one was injured".

Reporter = R
Police = P

R: So, the police saw the criminals and fired shots?
P: Uh, yes
R: So, were any criminals hit?
P: Ah, no
R: Were any vehicles hit?
P: Uh, don't know
R: And they drove away?
P: Yes
R: Did you chase them?
P: Uh, no
R: Why not?
P: The van is broken
R: Which way did they go?
P: Out of the airport
R: The cargo section?
P: Uh, yes
R: So why did you seal the whole airport off?
P: To look for them
R: Where - in the passenger terminal?
P: ???
R: Did you radio all patrol cars to look for the criminals?
P: The radio is broken
R: Was the police helicopter called?
P: Helicopter..?
R: Will the criminals be caught?
P: We cannot divulge the answer to this as we are not allowed to release statistics to the public on crime as we just publish some statistics every now and then telling the public that the crime is down but we don't tell them against what figures the crime is down because if we tell the public what the real crime figures are then America will come and invade us and then all the police force, um, I mean the criminal king-pins will be arrested by the army who are not already arrested for stealing supplies and then the politicians will be angry because they are not getting kick-backs for military equipment and then all the farms will be re-possessed, oh, sorry, that's not here, yet, but then we will have to prove that we actually know what we are doing instead of telling you that we know what we are doing and I am now going to arrest you for defeating the ends of free enterprise, uh, I mean justice...

Sorry - mebbe feeling just a touch cynical today..... :mad: :mad:

Stayinalive
9th Oct 2005, 09:26
Yeah...this smacks of buddy help buddy...no wonder they never caught them...the guys were probably back at their work stations INSIDE the airport.!!! :yuk:

Captain Pheremone
9th Oct 2005, 20:13
Good one Rhodie......:O :O :O :O

Jangys
10th Oct 2005, 11:15
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
drive thru the back entrance of JIA where Safair / Nationwide ops is and you will see that there is no piont about complaining about the security......there is none!!
Boom down for cars entering....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally true. This morning a police officer stopped at this same gate and asked where I was going..?? At the same time a green VW bus with about 5 previously disadvantaged persons inside drove right past me without being stopped.

"Erm....excuse me Mr. Officer, I am going to work" want to see the AK47 in tne boot???"

The aircraft gate seperating the Non-scheduled operators with the rest of the airport also stood open this morning. Normally you have to radio to have it opened electronically so u can taxi through to the RWY.

On enquiry to the relevant authorities, it is broken and has been since friday. (ACSA)

An ideal opportunity for the "bolice" and their buddies to pull a heist......

:yuk: :yuk:

Putcodrvr
10th Oct 2005, 12:00
Heard it was a truckload of cellphones they were after! Not satisfied with smash and grab individual phones anymore! Just go for a whole truckload.

B Sousa
10th Oct 2005, 15:19
I think maybe they should let them have a truckload of cellphones. Each with about two ounces of C-4. We can call the new company Dial-up and Die.
Couldnt be much worse than service from Vodacom.