PDA

View Full Version : Flight BY295A BHX-CUN

Kanos
7th Oct 2005, 22:11
I will be winging my way to Cancun on this flight in the next few weeks. I think it is a Britannia flight but wanted to know what aircraft I will be flying in and what the IFE is like

Thanks in advance.

freddieplanecrazy
17th Oct 2005, 17:48
Hi there,
I recentley flew BHX-CUN in August.
The aircraft both ways was a 767-300. As regards to IFE, on the way out we travelled in the so-called 'Premium Economy' which entitled you to seat back TVs with about 4 channels.
Whereas on the way back we were in Economy, you don't have PTVs, just ones overhead, showing not particularly good films. Thomas Cook, our tour operator, conned us by charging for food, even though every one was entitled to a meal. The leg room is really bad, particularly if the person infront reclines. As for the cabin crew, they try to sell you as much as possible to you and then go and sit at the back and talk, they weren't particularly friendly. It is rather annoying as all the over head lockers are taken up by their luggage, so get on the plane quickly and nab some space.

Hope this answers your questions.
FPC

TFlyguy
17th Oct 2005, 18:31
Seat pitch - standard charter configuration

Meals - are chearged for - not everyone gets one - Thomas Cook i'm sure are not in the business of "conning" their customers

On charter flights everything is chargeable - if you dont wish to purchase try the words "No thank you"

And if all passengers brought on 1 small piece of handbaggage containing only what is needed for the flight there would be lots of room in the overheads!

TightSlot
18th Oct 2005, 09:46
freddieplanecrazy - I'm sorry that you weren't happy with your flight. On a purely factual basis, the BY 767-300 will routinely operate with 8 Cabin Crew: Although they do carry both handbags and crew bags, there have been no known incidences to date of these 8 crew bags taking up all of the overhead locker space. Is there a possibility that you have exaggerated slightly?

Bumz_Rush
18th Oct 2005, 13:57
Thats the killer, with very often the IFE, extra emerg kit, and then crew bags, the last or first 4 rows have almost NO overhead space.

Its a problem in all carriers, inc easiJ, (delete IFE), Monarch, etc, etc.

Bumz

Holdposition
19th Oct 2005, 10:45
Doing MAN-CUN myself in couple weeks with TCX, got the so call PE seats think 2a &b memory serves correctly, seems by all accounts not going to be a ball of fun:(