PDA

View Full Version : LIVERPOOL

Mouser
7th Oct 2005, 19:42
Liverpool, it looks like were gett'in that runway extention, surveyors at the end 27 this morning.

michaelknight
8th Oct 2005, 22:37
Firstly start with a new surface! It's a joke, what ever they have done in the past few weeks seems to have made it a bit smoother! But what's the deal with the center line lights? They are like ramps! No problem in slowing down with 7500 feet, if you're struggling, the ramps will slow ya up! Are they industry standard?? How long's the extension?

MK

dwlpl
9th Oct 2005, 07:53
The runway is to get major attention approx this time next year I believe.

StoneyBridge Radar
20th Oct 2005, 08:45
http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100regionalnews/tm_objectid=16266230%26method=full%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200businessnews/tm_objectid=16266575%26method=full%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

Are their new services ex-MAN a precursor to a withdrawal from JLA?

Bagso
20th Oct 2005, 11:38
Personally I think Liverpool was always the second best option for FlyBe.

They applied for numerous services Ex Manchester last year but could not get them as there were no slots availble. Man'' now has a number of prime slots available so they switched back !

Bigger catchment area and better connections...

Having been given the opportunity JLA should really have grabbed it with both hands... !

MAN will always play second fiddle to LHR and JLA will always suffer with MAN.

dwlpl
20th Oct 2005, 12:09
The airline blames a lack of business pax.

So what did they originally schedule, 1*per day to Exeter, Glasgow and Edinburgh, with all having departures in the mid afternoon. Not surprising that they did not get the customers paying the fares they wanted then.

They are to move into MAN with the opening up of TWO returns per day (the day after they stop flying LPL/EXT) to Exeter to 'enable business passengers a full day to do business'.

They are to reduce in January the LPL/BHD from 4*per day to 2*per day with a maximum time in Belfast for any passenger on a weekday is ONE HOUR before returning to LPL.

As for potential passenger catchment areas there is not a lot to choose between them both (5-7million for both LPL and MAN within 1 hours drive, with a max of 15million from LPL and 17million from MAN within a two hour drive - source CAA) but an airline flying from MAN has to contend with other airlines on most potential routes flybe may serve, whereas from LPL (IOM apart) they have no competition.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
20th Oct 2005, 13:01
I think you will find that the reason they want Manchester and not Liverpool is that they code share with Continental Airlines
to the states and therefore look at all that extra inbound business class traffic they can generate

G-I-B

Mouser
20th Oct 2005, 14:08
Did'nt they think of that before they made the move into LPL, my guess is the Manchester backhand money is the real reason, and to give LPL a bloody nose, whenever they can.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
20th Oct 2005, 14:15
As Bagso pointed out they tried last year but the slots were not available
so next best thing I guess but now the world is their oyster

G-I-B

gary4444
20th Oct 2005, 14:21
Doesn't it strike anyone how Flybe are threatening to pull out of LPL and at the same time have said they will be starting new routes from MAN in the year to come?

Are any new aircraft on the way or is it just a case of conveniently switching aircraft between the two airports?

Friio4
20th Oct 2005, 14:28
Very well put dwlpl.
The routes and timings they introduced from Liverpool just appeared to be a token gesture, knowing full well they would fail.
I think they just wanted a foot hold in the Northwest whilst waiting for a better opportunity to turn up.
Personally I am very disappointed in them. All the hype and promises they came out with at the start were nothing but lip service to Liverpool.
After listening to an interview with Mike Rutter on Radio Merseyside a few weeks ago he more or less said they would be going to Manchester eventually and he didnt seem that bothered about letting Liverpool down. You win some you lose some was something like his response.

dwlpl
20th Oct 2005, 14:34
I thank you Friio4.

Has anyone else noticed the standard press release Mike Rutter gives out when new routes are added re the promises he makes?

Some weeks after he announced the Liverpool services he did the same for Leeds and Norwich. I note that BHD/NWI is going the same way as LPL with the first (BHD) route being stopped. Wonder if he has more announcements in line for them?

Scottie Dog
20th Oct 2005, 17:08
Mouser

You always seem to have a bit of a vendetta against Manchester, and I am sorry that anything that detracts from Liverpool appears to upset you.

Liverpool has made great advances over the last few years and deserve to be where it is are now - not many aoirports can be claiming the percentage increase there has been in the past year. During it's history Manchester has had many ups and downs caused by the loss of services - it is a way of life.

One thing that Manchester has offered for many a year, as far as I am aware, is an open book on fees and charges - together with assistance that may be offered to new airlines. Have a look at the airport's website and then go to the Fees and Charges subsection in the Literature Archive under 'About Us and Our Group' and you will find the full details.

I don't think that you will find it is so much a case of poaching, but rather one of slots becoming available with the reduction in British Airways flights.

Scottie Dog

Friio4
20th Oct 2005, 19:22
Having been given the opportunity JLA should really have grabbed it with both hands... !

I cant really see there is much more Liverpool could have done. Surely it is the airline that decides the timings not the airport. Apart from BHD, one flight a day during mid afternoon is no good for the business community. Then Flybe have the cheek to say the business community is not using the services so they are stopping them, no wonder.

dwlpl
20th Oct 2005, 19:28
If I have read the above link properly then LCC must be losing money on routes ex MAN because they are being charged more 4 times (£8.09 as against the rumoured £1.50) as much per international passsenger than they are a LPL.

Unless they have a 'deal'.

sisyphus1965
20th Oct 2005, 19:38
dwpl

From a quick look at the flybe website once all the taxes and surcharges are included they are charging about £10 more for flights ex MAN than LPL. In no doubt due to the higher airport charges they are paying at MAN.

Buster the Bear
20th Oct 2005, 19:45
Flybe warns it may pull out of Liverpool airport

Helen Carter
Thursday October 20, 2005
The Guardian

The budget airline Flybe is poised to pull out of Liverpool unless there is a sudden dramatic rise in business passengers.
The Exeter-based carrier will stop flying from John Lennon airport to Edinburgh at the end of this month, following its recent cancellation of the Liverpool-Glasgow service. The remaining four routes from the city are said to be under "urgent review".

Simon Lilley, head of marketing, warned that Flybe's services to Southampton, Exeter, Belfast and Jersey were at risk. "We are not happy with the performance of the remaining routes and they are all under urgent review," he said.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
20th Oct 2005, 19:46
Well they must be very happy as
Hapag Lloyd Express, Sky Europe
Flybe all adding flights for next year
Jet2, BMIbaby operating large number of flights the only poor performer is Air Berlin
which I think you can blame on their own advertising which is poor to put it mildly
If they were not happy they would simply up sticks and go to somewhere they thought they could make more money
Most of them when you look at it go to major airports like Amsterdam and Paris
which I`m sure must be equally or more expensive than Manchester

I Think Manchester has the mix just about right with Locos, Charter, European full cost airlines , plenty of long haul and cargo which means if something fails there is always something to fall back on

G-I-B

10 DME ARC
20th Oct 2005, 20:22
G-IB - Are you on the right thread this is Liverpool, the services you mention are from Manchester??
:ugh:

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
20th Oct 2005, 21:14
Yes I was answering Dwlp

G-I-B

dwlpl
21st Oct 2005, 00:08
What I was trying to find out is that LCC are very good at getting 'blood out of a stone' and the link is pointing to the them paying £8.09 per passenger.

The usual rate is nearer £2 than £8 for these airlines, so the chances/odds are on them having come to some sort of an arrangement whereby they are not paying the £8.09.

Devonair
21st Oct 2005, 00:49
Looks like Flybe are pulling LPL-EXT service on the 16th Feb coinciding with new twice daily service from MAN-EXT. Can't book LPL-EXT past the 16th Feb and its not showing on their timetable past that date.

Scottie Dog
21st Oct 2005, 17:02
Without wanting to highjack the Liverpool thread - which is what appears to have happened for a short while - I feel that I have to quantify the reply that you have given with reference to the Manchester Charges and Fees.

The figure that you have quoted of £8.09 is the PFC (Passenger Facility Charge) for international passengers at peak time. The charge for domestic passengers is £1.50, plus the runway fees etc etc. The paragraph that I had hoped you would have found was 7.2, which refers to Incentives for airlines starting new routes. If you look that that section you would find the fee to be £3.00 in the first year, rising to £5.00 in year 3. The incentive charge is fully inclusive and therefore offers extremely good value to an airline looking to start a new route - and giving a good opportunity for the route to be developed and become profitable.

Hopefully on that note we can now return the thread to its true role of promoting Liverpool's development.

Scottie Dog

dwlpl
21st Oct 2005, 17:17
For a 'new route'.

Does that mean a new route from MAN for an airline, in this case flybe to BHD.

Or does it mean a new route for the airport, which in this case is not correct because BACX fly the route.

Scottie Dog
21st Oct 2005, 17:39
The document states: "The Route is planned to be operated at least once every 14 days throughout the Summer or Winter Season from the date of inauguration; and the Route has not been served during the previous corresponding year from the Airport by any Airline; and when compared with the previous year, the total seating capacity of the Airline flown from the Airport has increased; and City Pair Airports are not included; and ......"

So, the MAN/BHD would not qualify, but the MAN/EXT would do.

Hope that helps to explain things a little for you - and makes my point of the incentives being available to all airlines.

PS - also says " Any second Airline that subsequently starts a New Route operated by a first Airline will benefit from the relevant All-Inclusive Charge until the first Airline no longer benefits from the All-Inclusive Charge"

dwlpl
3rd Nov 2005, 00:13
Wizz Air is to increase frequency to both Warsaw and Katowice ex Liverpool from the current three flights per week up to four per week later in the winter period.

From the start of the 2006 summer scheduling period both Warsaw and Katowice will see the frequency increased again to five flights per week.

It is thought that Ryanair will be basing aircraft number six at Liverpool before the main summer holiday period rush starts in July 2006.

BTW, Ryanair have brought forward the start of four of its routes ex NEMA. They will start 7th/8th/9th Feb instead of mid March.

LegsUpLucy
3rd Nov 2005, 19:46
According to flybe management there is no intention of withdrawl from liverpool,the scottish routes have underperformed but they see a long term future in SOU and BHD routes.

supersnake
3rd Nov 2005, 20:59
as for the scotish routes the timings wereall wrong i flew to glasgow at 1430 inthe afternoon only flight thats no good for business users also the flight was awful both ways noisey was an understetement awful landing at both ends was nearly sick it needs a early morning departure with a jet aircraft not a awful noisey prop aircraft nerver fly with flybee again awful service use ba out of man far superior

ALLMCC
4th Nov 2005, 08:11
Somehow cant' see a long term future for BHD - frequency being reduced in January from 4 to 2 daily weekdays - hardly inspires confidence with BHD - MAN starting in January.

Mouser
11th Nov 2005, 20:38
In an interview this week on local radio, Michael O'Leary was full of praise for Peel and the new terminal, and singled out check'in and the ramp staff in particular, for all pulling together. BTW a/c number six could arrive sortly.

lbalad
11th Nov 2005, 21:08
I flew from Liverpool for the first time in August,to Madrid.I found it quicker to get to than Manchester driving.Had no problems with the airport itself,however finding a space in carpark a nightmare.The sign said a 170+ spaces,I could't find one.There were cars parked on the grass,I had to resort to lying in wait,until somebody vacated a place.Was I unlucky or is this a common problem?.It certainly made me a bit wary of using the airport again.

Mouser
11th Nov 2005, 23:28
Next time if there is a next time, try car park No2, the half empty one to the right as you approach the airport, as for parking on the grass, wot grass, though I take your point the No1 long stay does get fulled up.

lbalad
12th Nov 2005, 03:38
Cheers Mouser.Thanks for the tip.I did indeed use the carpark nearest the terminal,but ended up in the furthest part.I will take your advice next time!.(I'd like to try Poland,not an option from my local airport,yet!).

dwlpl
14th Nov 2005, 11:02
It is thought that Ryanair will be basing aircraft number six at Liverpool before the main summer holiday period rush starts in July 2006.

The sixth based 737-800 is now said to be coming to Liverpool in February 2006.

Also a new route is being started by Wizz Air to Gdansk from Liverpool.

The new route, starting 2nd March, will operate three times per week:

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

W6305 arr LPL 2020
W6306 dep LPL 2050

NCLRULES
19th Nov 2005, 14:56
flybe are dropping the Exeter route

Flybe will discontinue service from Exeter to Liverpool on Feb 15th. The airline currently operate a daily flight using a Dash 8-Q400.

from justplanes

dwlpl
19th Nov 2005, 20:10
..... yes, as posted more than four weeks ago.

Not Interested
20th Nov 2005, 19:04
Good riddance to Flybe,
in my opinion they have held LPL to ransom from day one, (threatening to transfer their business to MAN if they didnt get adequete pax numbers.) - BA and BD will blast them away at MAN
LPL Wont miss them - and in my experience of dealing with them during turnarounds I know I certainly wont!!!!

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
20th Nov 2005, 20:12
They wanted Manchester in the first instance just could not get the slots now they have them and now they will take Manchester by storn just as they are becoming the dominant airline at Birmingham.
The reason is code share with Continental
links to all over America from MAN, BHX, GLA and EDI

G-I-B

chiglet
20th Nov 2005, 21:08
NI,
Sorry but you want to get rid of an Airline?....:confused:
dwlpl,
Silly timings..Dep LPL 2050.....What time do you get to your Hotel?
Surely a 15/1700 would be better.
Is it an "Airline" or an "Airport" issue?
Any news on your Transat Service?
watp,iktch

dwlpl
20th Nov 2005, 22:15
Wizz are to start flights (due to the delivery of a new A320 to Gdansk?) the same week to Dortmund from Gdansk so I presume that the airline is entirely responsible for the schedules for both of the new routes.

The arrival time of midnight for a scheduled flight is not out of the ordinary. You only have to look at the arrivals board at any airport to see there are many, particularly in the summer months.

Also, what Transat service?

Pax-man
28th Nov 2005, 18:18
Was on the BA LHR-MAN today which, along with 7 or 8 other A320s / 737s etc diverted into LPL due to the runway at MAN being closed due to snow.

Then proceeded to wait just under TWO hours for the bags to arrive, and to say I was flabbergasted was an understatement! Bearing in mind we were one of the first diversions in, and the first people into an empty baggage hall, I just don't get it. It's not like the regular EZY / Ryanair traffic was being given priority, as nothing significant arrived whilst we were waiting.

Anybody shed any light on why things were so ridiculously slow? Was it dinnertime? I'd understand it if we were the 10th diversion in, but we were 3rd in behind a KLM Fokker and a Swiss EMB 145, and the pax from both flights had passed through the terminal before we entered.

By the way, I'm a big supporter of my 'local', and fly from there whenever I can. But today left me completely perplexed, and that's putting it mildly!

dwlpl
2nd Dec 2005, 19:05
Liverpool Airport is forecasting 4.5million passengers for 2005, this is up from 3.36million (increase of around 34%) for 2004.

For 2006 they are forecasting an even bigger rise to "at least 6.3 million" (increase of 40% over 2005 figures).

Mouser
2nd Dec 2005, 21:04
That works out at roughly 20 extra flights a day,blimey who's planning the big increase EZY or FR.

dwlpl
6th Dec 2005, 07:36
Ryanair are rumoured that they are to announce more expansion from Liverpool today.

Looking at the times for departures later in the winter scheduling period they have altered times to Girona, Limoges, Nimes, Venice Treviso and Milan Bergamo. Could this be a precursor to the announcement?

The Milan Bergamo flights are to be flown by Bergamo based aircraft.

anna_list
6th Dec 2005, 09:21
LPL - Seville SVQ 4 x wkly from 22/2

LPL - Porto OPO 3x wkly from 23/2

LPL - Milan BGY is operated by a BGY based aircraft from 22/2, using the same block times as BGY - NCL. As far as I can see, none of the other BGY flight times have changed.

I can think of two possible explanations: (1): BGY - NCL is to be dropped, or (2) NCL is to get at least one based aircraft from 22/2 ...

dwlpl
6th Dec 2005, 09:27
The Milan Bergamo route is to be flown by Bergamo based aircraft instead of a Liverpool based aircraft as said above, but operates 4*per week (currently daily).

The aircraft released by this (as well as the rejigged schedules I mentioned above) looks as if its the one to operate the routes to Porto and Seville.

blahblahblah
6th Dec 2005, 15:37
anna_list.

"LPL - Milan BGY is operated by a BGY based aircraft from 22/2, using the same block times as BGY - NCL. As far as I can see, none of the other BGY flight times have changed.

I can think of two possible explanations: (1): BGY - NCL is to be dropped, or (2) NCL is to get at least one based aircraft from 22/2 ..."

Good prediction see that option (1) has been partially applied, NCL-BGO dropping to three a week, no base aircraft and flurry of new routes as predicted by some then!

:E

anna_list
6th Dec 2005, 16:19
Yes, that was a third possibility that I was too slow to think of this morning !

Ooops - good job I'm not in the business of making predictions !

dwlpl
10th Dec 2005, 14:07
Ryanair presence at Liverpool looks as if it will become the airports biggest operator in 2006. They expect to carry 2.4million passengers just overtaking easyJet.

If the informed sources are to be believed the 2.4million is set to increase further with the basing of aircraft number 6 from February.

Mouser
10th Dec 2005, 14:28
dwlpl,
Any idea what new routes could be in the pipeline with a/c No 6, I see a Manchester rumour mentions some limited expansion from FR up there, but we had the same type of rumour this time last year regarding EZY, and what happened NOTHING.

dwlpl
10th Dec 2005, 14:51
MOL appears to dislike MAN with a passion but if the airport drops its fees and takes a big loss maybe they could offer a few services out of there.

Mouser
10th Dec 2005, 15:12
One wonders if FR get preferential treatment as regards fees, how will other lo-cost operators react given they could go head to head on certain routes with FR.

Mouser
13th Dec 2005, 18:41
I think I,am right in saying EZY are to take delivery of thirty odd new a/c next year, now I've read that EZY are determined to be the biggest player at LPL, so does that mean LPL can expect some EZY expansion soon, as they are being left behind by FR at the moment.

This Charming Man
13th Dec 2005, 21:06
Mouser

but we had the same type of rumour this time last year regarding EZY, and what happened NOTHING.
unquote

Wrong ,it wasnt a rumour ,it was fact. You know only too well how close you came to losing EZY.

DWLPL

MOL appears to dislike MAN with a passion but if the airport drops its fees and takes a big loss maybe they could offer a few services out of there.
unquote

The times that RYR want to operate into MAN is when the airport is running at 50% capacity ,so explain how the airport will make a big loss if RYR operated some more services ?

Thanks
TCM

BarTT
14th Dec 2005, 00:39
I'm sure that if easyJet decided to move out of Liverpool, Ryanair and others would just take there place. There may be a few months were pax numbers are down, but it wouldn't last long. I suspect if they did do Manchester flights, they would be extras to the Liverpool flights. Have the loads on the LPL-Girona flights gone down since they sarted it out of Blackpool?

conradmueller
16th Dec 2005, 21:27
any EZY-staff here:
Were are the summer flights for CGN?
According to the CAA statistics the route is supposed to be doing well, but no bookings are possible yet.

phil_2405
17th Dec 2005, 10:14
I got an email from easyJet today saying all summer 06 are now on sale :confused:

Mouser
3rd Jan 2006, 16:11
There's an Easyjet press conference tomorrow 4th Jan 10am - 11am at Liverpool Airport, the conference will have " Exciting Easyjet News For Liverpool "

dwlpl
3rd Jan 2006, 16:17
Mouser, just beat me to it.

Any ideas of the new routes anyone?

WOWBOY
3rd Jan 2006, 16:21
interesting!

I wonder what it will be about!
If it is New routes I not sure what they are going to announce!
Maybe Hamburg...etc

Mouser
3rd Jan 2006, 16:25
dwlpl

No, no idea but, exciting news indeed.

dwlpl
3rd Jan 2006, 16:40
EasyJet has made room for based #8 by stopping a AMS and BFS return service on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from mid July until mid September.

The gap on Tuesdays has been filled by a return to Ibiza so the Wednesday gap maybe filled with a return to Mahon.

There is also a return to CGN (depLPL1315, arrLPL1650) waiting for #8.

Ringwayman
3rd Jan 2006, 17:46
Maybe it's news of an 8th based aircraft and the introduction of based A319s?

Wizofoz
3rd Jan 2006, 18:37
Busses for LPL has been confirmed. Next in line aftre GLA and EDN re-equip. Don't know if ti will be 8 or still an initial 7.

How do I know? I'll be flying one:ok: :ok: :ok:

dwlpl
3rd Jan 2006, 21:13
Cannot see EZY basing anything other than 737's for the foreseeable future.

Wizofoz
3rd Jan 2006, 21:26
dwlpl,

Then you haven't been reading Inside easyJet today!!

dwlpl
3rd Jan 2006, 21:48
Wizofoz,

I was told a while back that LPL will be one of the last to convert over to the 319's because it was a 737 only maint base.

Is 'Inside easyJet' a inhouse mag?

Will it be then, an announcement of the 319's as base aircraft or new routes or a mix of them both then?

BTW, the press conference will be led by one of the more senior managers in the easyJet hierarchy.

Mouser
3rd Jan 2006, 22:44
Would Liverpool getting the Airbus after GLA & EDI justify a conference held by senior bods. "Exciting Easyjet News For Liverpool" there might be a couple of surprises.

jabird
4th Jan 2006, 07:46
"Will it be then, an announcement of the 319's as base aircraft or new routes or a mix of them both then?"

Somehow "we're going to replace 7's with buses" doesn't make for much use with the average punter. They will have to announce some new routes if they want to grab a few headlines, which FR seem to be much better at these days.

Which dots are most likely to warrant joining?

If INV has worked @BFS & BRS, why not LPL?
CIA, VLC, HAM, BUD, NAP must all be in with a good chance. Perhaps somewhere else in northern Italy? VCE has seen mixed fortunes, not sure if MXP would have much advantage over FR to BGY. How about TRN as an outsider?
LPL & EDI didn't work for BE, would U2 give this a go, or just too short?
Isn't ATH also due for another UK route?

dwlpl
4th Jan 2006, 08:54
Local BBC say the routes will be to Eastern and Southern Europe.

dwlpl
4th Jan 2006, 09:07
The new Liverpool routes are to Faro, Mahon, Marseilles and Krakow.

Krakow four weekly from 10th April
Faro daily from 11th April
Marseilles three weekly from 11th April
Mahon twice weekly from 22nd July

Also, the Liverpool base will be solely a Airbus base displacing the 737's.

jabird
4th Jan 2006, 09:11
Oh well, had edited to suggest TLL and PRG, but looks like was wrong on that too.

Site now showing confirmation of:

LPL AND GLA / EDI as bus bases

LPL to KRK, FAO, MAH & MRS

Looks like you beat me to it, dwlpl

Wizofoz
4th Jan 2006, 11:56
Hi All,

dwlpl,

WRT 737 maintenance, the fact that as of OCT we will only have 32 737s, all newer 700s meant that we no longer need two major maintenance bases for them. All the 737 heavy maintenance will be through LTN.

We were told about the Airbi yesterday, but the route announcements were kept under wraps until today.

Happy days and some long overdue movement in LPL!!

Mouser
4th Jan 2006, 12:27
How many A319's will be based at GLA & EDI before Liverpool starts to receive the first of their's.

10002level
6th Jan 2006, 13:31
I assume there will be 3 at each Scottish base as there have been no expansion plans announced north of the border.

dwlpl
6th Jan 2006, 21:23
Following on from easyJets expansion announcement this week from Liverpool, Ryanair have vowed to expand their LPL base even more.

Quote taken from www.icliverpool.com :

"Now Ryanair, which has grown its Liverpool operation from one scheduled route 14 months ago to 20 today, vowed to maintain its dominance at the airport with further additions planned this year.

Ryanair spokesman Karl Hogstadius said: "The average growth rate for Ryanair is 20-25% a year and in the coming six months there will be further expansion for JLA. Liverpool is one of the airports we are looking at for further growth."

euromanxdude
12th Jan 2006, 13:42
howdy!

just curious in thinking what other routes could be served from LPL [ domestic/ international]. Ws it BY that did a direct barbados on a 76? Or have i been on the rock for too long, lol.
And was it once daily the edi/gla by flybe. Wsnt one or two of the 'top guns' linked to starting a LPL- LON service?
Apologies for the barrage of questions, on a home standby!
rgrds
happy flying!:cool:

dwlpl
15th Jan 2006, 00:34
From Monday 23rd January Aer Arran is to introduce a sixth return flight (Monday to Friday) on the Liverpool/IOM route to cater for the demand from business passengers.

aeulad
22nd Jan 2006, 16:40
Looks like Aer Lingus are pulling out, Dublin route not available after July.

Regards

Mike

bagpuss lives
22nd Jan 2006, 17:09
It's a shame that EIN's timings couldn't have been a little better when it came to their flights to and from DUB.

60N030
25th Jan 2006, 15:15
Hello All,

I am getting transfered to LPL In March and looking for a funished place to rent big enough for me and my wife. Please Personal Message me if you know of anyone who is renting out places around LPL.

JustaFew
29th Jan 2006, 18:45
Niteflight 01 check your PMs
Thanks

Powerjet1
9th Feb 2006, 14:23
GWY - LPL 4 x weekly by Aer Arran starting 10 April.

lplsprog
28th Feb 2006, 09:10
No more soggy passengers! Airport to install walkways for the walk-on stands (1-7 & 51-53) to protect them from the elements, also to increase the bussing gates 5-7 by adding a second floor to the building.
Has Luton got walkways yet last time I was there I got drowned!

ESCNI
28th Feb 2006, 11:10
Will that include the Belfast-bound passengers?

Or, as users of Gates 9/10+, will we continue to get wet?

lplsprog
28th Feb 2006, 19:43
Only when its raining, sorry couldn't resist it!!
Any of gates 8-20 could use stands 1-7, its only stands 8+ that will continue to have no shelter from the elements after stand 7.

dwlpl
5th Mar 2006, 12:01
GWY - LPL 4 x weekly by Aer Arran starting 10 April.

Starting date has been brought forward to 6th April.

Powerjet1
8th Mar 2006, 09:37
LPL - ORK reducing from 7 to 4 flights weekly. New 3 x weekly LPL - KIR. Reduction on ORK due to the increase in charges saga.

lplsprog
9th Mar 2006, 10:37
Nexus said to be relaunching in June with flights to Canaries. Believed subject of Channel 4 program on the schoolboy founder. I believe at the moment they are only buying seats on Man flights. Time will tell!:bored:

dwlpl
14th Mar 2006, 16:28
With the recent release of Decembers pax totals by the CAA its possible to tie up some data.

Domestic pax total has for the first time gone through the 1million mark per annum, it should though go back under that figure in 2006 with flyBE's likely abdication.

The best ever net total of pax exLPL of 4,095,325 is made up as:

INTERNATIONAL - 3,089,094 up 44% on 2004
DOMESTIC - 1,006,231 up 22% on 2004
NET TOTAL - 4,095,325 up 38% on 2004

One route that has been doing very well since its start in 1999 is the EZY route to Madrid. Last year it had a loading of over 87% on average. This route must be a contender for an increase in frequency from its current one per day or even an additional carrier to come onto the route.

brabazon
3rd Apr 2006, 13:36
Did Straw and Rice fly together from LPL to Baghdad or separately, I'm surprised it was such a "surprise" if Straw boarded the same aircraft or was it "away from the media"?

lplsprog
3rd Apr 2006, 13:48
Aircraft was parked on stand 51 on the eastern apron (Tango). Access was through the fire services gate away from the terminal. Not really private but the timing was not published, so it happened quickly and they were gone before the media knew about it.

dwlpl
4th Apr 2006, 16:21
The next Ryanair press conference at Liverpool JL is to take place tomorrow at 10am to announce 'further major expansion'.

The word is one route that will be announced is Frankfurt Hahn.

airhumberside
4th Apr 2006, 19:38
I assume these routes will start around September/October time?

Powerjet1
5th Apr 2006, 09:03
LPL, the place to be with ryanair, big expansion of routes.

Euroboy39
5th Apr 2006, 09:21
Algero, Ancona- Italy
Poznan, Wroclaw, Krakow- Poland
Santiago, Santander- Spain
Tampere- Finland
Kaunus- Lithunia
Aberdeen, Inverness- UK

Wow- interesting!

lplsprog
5th Apr 2006, 09:54
Further to my earlier post the walkway is to be erected to stand 9 not 7 as before. Runway reconstruction starts in October with night closures from 23:45 to 05:45. The land beyond 27 threshold has been levelled so the extention of 500m may be constructed at the same time.

Ametyst
5th Apr 2006, 10:43
The new Ryanair routes from Liverpool are to: Aberdeen, Alghero, Ancona, Inverness, Kaunas, Krakow, Poznan, Santander, Santiago de Compestela, Tampere, Wroclaw.

Most flights will operate 3 times a week except Tampere (4 a week), Aberdeen (Daily) and Inverness (Daily). The new services will commence from 3rd October when the 6th and 7th Boeing 737-800s are to based at Liverpool.

point5
5th Apr 2006, 10:48
You mean the 5th and 6th, plus one Eirjet A320!! :)

Ametyst
5th Apr 2006, 10:55
No, I mean 6th & 7th. the EirJet Airbus A320s were only leased until 31st March and the aircraft have now returned to Dublin, or was ir Baldonnell?????

point5
5th Apr 2006, 11:28
I was only pulling your leg. Will be good to see more FR 737s at EGGP. They look pretty cool with the winglets!

Cheers!

Mouser
5th Apr 2006, 19:18
With 32 routes I think this makes Liverpool the No3 Ryanair base behind Stansted and Dublin, pretty impressive figures, since they made Liverpool a base in 2004.

Vampy
5th Apr 2006, 19:56
Wonder if Prague will ever be available from Liverpool?

Euroboy39
5th Apr 2006, 20:03
Prague is such a staple destination- it really needs a service from Liverpool. Ryanair doesn't do Prague in the Czech Republic, only Brno- I don't see a big market for Brno flights (hmmmm, I didnt see a big market for Tampere flights either, before today!), so maybe it would have to be an Easyjet route.

I really wonder if Easyjet will retract from Liverpool, in favour of Manchester? Ryanair was little threat until now, by flying to different destinations from Easy. Flying to the same airport of Krakow on the same days has to be a direct challenge- It will be an interesting few months, I reckon!

HH6702
5th Apr 2006, 20:17
Maybe easyjet will expand at NCL since ryanair arn't really at NCL yet.

Ametyst
6th Apr 2006, 20:53
I think the days of easyJet operating from Manchester are as far away as ever unless ej takes over Jet 2 or bmi Baby. All the routes that easyJet would operate are already well covered and I don't see a market for easyJet out of Manchester at the moment:

Manchester to
Malaga (5 airlines), Prague (2 airlines), Alicante (4), Palma (4), Barcelona (2),
Faro (3), Amsterdam (2), Paris (2) etc.

Euroboy39
7th Apr 2006, 14:40
If EZ opened a base at MAN, it is still under contract to retain its services from Liverpool until some year in the future (2017??), so it would probably open more niche routes from MAN than it would be able to from the smaller catchment area of LVL.

From MAN EZ would be more likely to open routes such as Riga, Ljubljana, Tallinn, Dortmund, Istanbul, Bilbao, Split etc, which do not have the same competition, either from existing MAN carriers, or to it LVL services.

Even if EZ did open routes from MAN to Prague, Alicante, Paris, Palma, Nice etc, I'm sure they would have the economies of scale and marketing advantages to compete profitably against the likes of Jet2, BMIBaby, BAConnect and Monarch...

Much as I love LVL, I think EZ would give a better range of destinations with greater frequency, if it focused on MAN instead of LVL! (+ Ryanair poses less of a threat at MAN)

VHF FLYER
7th Apr 2006, 19:54
Totally agree with Euroboy.
Would love to see EZY at MAN. This isn't an either/or situation - they could have viable ops at both LPL and MAN; after all they have significant bases at LTN, STN and LGW.

There are some easy (err sorry) pickings to be had at MAN still eg Venice - no operator from anywhere in the NW:confused: (nooo RYR - Treviso is not in Venice) Basel - no operator from MAN despite a proven need - they were 3x daily (until Swiss fell out with Basel) and lots of people who will pay more than tuppence halfpenny to go there (CIBA GEIGY etc). Lisbon would be another no-brainer from MAN, others too.
Just cba going to LPL myself as I'd end up driving past MAN to get there - that would iritate me.

Ametyst
7th Apr 2006, 20:03
Funnily enough, there is not as much competition out of London for easyJet for Malaga for instance. Out of Stansted ej is the sole carrier on the route and only receive competition from 2 other scheduled airlines at Gatwick. There are already 5 airlines operating from Manchester to Malaga for instance.

For your information Treviso is as close to Venice as Marco Polo. Oh! and Bergamo is closer to Milan than Malpensa.

A catchment area is defined by routes offered rather than the geographical location of Liverpool or Manchester Airport. Liverpool and Manchester have there own local catchment areas for Dublin for instance but Liverpool has a larger catchment area for those wishing to travel to Poland for instance whilst Manchester has a larger catchment area for those wishing to travel to the USA for instance and so on......

VHF FLYER
8th Apr 2006, 13:21
oh dear... some people will believe anything that Ryanair tell them. :sad:

There seem to be a lot of armchair travel experts out there in Pruneland!
I know northern Italy very well.
You're completely wrong about Treviso and Marco Polo.
Bergamo Airport is slightly further away from Milan than MXP but it's travel distance and convenience that count here - where MXP wins hands down. Linate is virtually in Milan itself.

Ametyst
8th Apr 2006, 18:02
I am no armchair travel expert my friend. I have travelled from both Trviso and Marco Polo into Venice and I have travelled from both Bergamo and Malpensa into Milan.

My comments are based on experiences having actually travelled between said airports and destination city and are not based on what Ryanair's say or by sitting at home!

Ametyst
8th Apr 2006, 18:06
Oh! and the leveller is price. For the great British public price is king. Also, a lot of Milan and Venice residents live closer to the secondary airports as well! I know Linate is in the city centre but then I didn't mention Linate in my comparisons

dwlpl
8th Apr 2006, 22:48
Milan to Linate 7km, to Bergamo 45km and to Malpensa 50km.

Ametyst
8th Apr 2006, 23:11
Thank you dwlpl

dwlpl
10th Apr 2006, 09:21
The arrival last night from Bristol of the eighth based aircraft at Liverpool will enable EZY to the start the new route to Krakow later this afternoon.

Tomorrow will see the start of the Faro and Marseille routes.

VHF FLYER
11th Apr 2006, 19:45
I know Linate is in the city centre but then I didn't mention Linate in my comparisons

..and I didn't mention milan/bergamo in my original post if you'd care to read it. That mentioned Venice.
Posts at half 11 on a Saturday night - no friends? Do you work at passport control on the Runcorn/Widnes bridge?
Local threads for local people eh...the usual warm welcome in Liverpool for all those who dare not to come from Liverpool.
Jeez, you can't even spell Amethyst!
You're still wrong about Treviso/Marco Polo, I lived just outside Venice for 15 months - that's why I know. End of.

Euroboy39
11th Apr 2006, 20:24
Can we please end the bitchy bickering please? This is an aviation forum, where everyone's aviation related comments are welcome and not those posting such comments should not be subject to personal insults!

PPRuNe Pop
12th Apr 2006, 05:59
Whoa! Snide remarks of the repeat kind are not welcome - Smart/a remarks either. I have taken someone off the board for a 'rest' - and that goes for anyone who cannot show respect for the right of reply or opinion. Hope that is clear.

PPP

lplsprog
17th Apr 2006, 16:19
Exploration boreholes being carried out in car park opposite the main terminal for, it is rumoured, a multi story car park with hotel on top. This will be connected to the main building by a walkway to link up with level 2 by the John Lennon statue.
Pity it will mask the look of the terminal building but that is the price of expansion I suppose!

Mouser
18th Apr 2006, 08:42
Liverpool airport are saying that they expect 53,000 passengers through the airport, over the easter holiday period.

dwlpl
25th Apr 2006, 11:37
Following the introduction into Liverpool of based aircraft #6 and #7 by Ryanair in early October, the Liverpool/Oslo Torp route will again route Liverpool/Oslo Torp/Newcastle/Oslo Torp/Liverpool as did earlier this year.

In fact nearly all the timings on Ryanairs routes change in early October to allow maximum usage of all seven aircraft.

elgan
25th Apr 2006, 13:45
Any other aicraft planned to do that kind of pattern from Liverpool?

I took advantage of the Torp pattern in Feburary, having a good 5 hrs to spend in the local area, not bad for £10

dwlpl
25th Apr 2006, 14:27
No, unless they base more aircraft at Liverpool.

Ryanair say that they are to fly Frankfurt Hahn/Liverpool as double daily and reinstate Brussels Charleroi both within the next year so that maybe a way of getting the same kind of bargain ;) :ok:

airmemphis
27th Apr 2006, 23:33
Thomson will launch a weekly LPL-Sharm El Sheikh in S06.

dwlpl
28th Apr 2006, 13:12
airmemphis

Where did you get this info?

Is it S06 or S07?

airmemphis
28th Apr 2006, 15:30
sorry I meant SO7 (summer 2007). Equipment probably B752

johnrizzo2000
28th Apr 2006, 15:41
I'm sad to see that aerlingus will pull out of liverpool! i cant help but think, if they had of retimes the flights and pushed liverpool-dublin-usa more, then they could have had a winner!:ugh:

aeulad
28th Apr 2006, 19:30
RE: SSH

It's in the Thomson brochures.

Regards

Mike

dwlpl
8th May 2006, 15:01
Globespan to start flying from Liverpool with a daily service to Tenerife starting Friday 3rd November.

dep LPL 1200
arr Tenerife 1630

dep Tenerife 1715
arr LPL 2135

You will see by the times that the aircraft is not on a 'W' routing so maybe there is more routes to be announced!!!!!!!

SM82
8th May 2006, 16:19
Excellent news lets hope there will be more routes announced soon

GoEDI
8th May 2006, 16:32
Globespan to start flying from Liverpool with a daily service to Tenerife starting Friday 3rd November.
dep LPL 1200
arr Tenerife 1630
dep Tenerife 1715
arr LPL 2135
You will see by the times that the aircraft is not on a 'W' routing so maybe there is more routes to be announced!!!!!!!

I'd expect to see something else in the morning looking at that, possibilities could be EDI/GLA/GVA....

SM82
8th May 2006, 16:38
Or maybe Stansted but they would only have room for 1 a day.
Would be too late in the evening for a second rotation.
Flybe had a go at GLA and EDI once daily and didnt really work
but they were afternoon timings so you never know.

dwlpl
8th May 2006, 16:39
I'd expect to see something else in the morning looking at that, possibilities could be EDI/GLA/GVA....

Can't see them competing with EZY on the Liverpool/Geneva route.

Could be a Glasgow or Edinburgh or maybe a Stansted return flight?

GoEDI
8th May 2006, 17:18
They are normally good at picking out routes that are currently unserved and that show potential, as shown by STN-TFS, Pula, MAN-CPT etc... Anyone care to suggest other possibilities from LPL with that criteria? Probably would have to be somewhere within 90min-2hours of LPL at the most though. LPL looks pretty well covered with EZY and FR tbh. EDI/GLA/STN might be the best bet.

Yes, Flybe have tried EDI, and GLA was 2x daily and still doesn't appear to have worked. EDI was only ever an afternoon daily flight, it needed to be 2x daily to have been given a chance. GSM wouldn't be able to do 2x daily either so maybe EDI/GLA isn't worth it, although with a morning flight they might stand a better chance.

dwlpl
8th May 2006, 18:20
Athens overnight?

GoEDI
8th May 2006, 19:40
Would be very ugly departure/arrival times but another possibility.

G-OCAT
10th May 2006, 08:54
GSM do seem to have rather a lot of aircraft for the average winter season operation for a carrier of their size. Wouldn't surprise me, especially if the operation has a serious underpinning by LJLA management, if the TFS rotation is all the aircraft does.

Can't really see ATH working ex-LPL, and GVA is sewn up by easyJet already from Liverpool; furthermore, a one a day GLA or EDI is going to be a bit rubbish ex-LPL...

dwlpl
10th May 2006, 09:26
There is a good sized Greek and Greek Cypriot community in the Liverpool area but I doubt if it will support a daily frequency especially in the winter and having night schedules to fit in with the Tenerife times.

Ametyst
10th May 2006, 12:11
Overnight flights to Athens are popular because the flights connect with flights to the islands which quite often leave at 5:30 in the morning and also with the ferries from Piraeus which tend to leave at about 6am

GoEDI
10th May 2006, 13:44
I just discovered that no one serves PRG from LPL?! Was quite surprised at that as I thought EZY would have that one covered, however that is not that case and I'd of thought that would be a good route for GSM to go for in the morning.

dwlpl
10th May 2006, 13:54
They've been very close on two occasions but never announced the route instead turning their attention elsewhere exLPL.

dwlpl
10th May 2006, 17:37
Globespan have released a press statement saying that Liverpool will indeed be the airlines next base.

dwlpl
10th May 2006, 21:50
Liverpool is to gain another three rotations (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) from/to Dublin at the expense of Bristol from Monday 19th June.

exloadie
22nd May 2006, 08:48
If EZ opened a base at MAN, it is still under contract to retain its services from Liverpool until some year in the future (2017??), so it would probably open more niche routes from MAN than it would be able to from the smaller catchment area of LVL.

From MAN EZ would be more likely to open routes such as Riga, Ljubljana, Tallinn, Dortmund, Istanbul, Bilbao, Split etc, which do not have the same competition, either from existing MAN carriers, or to it LVL services.

Even if EZ did open routes from MAN to Prague, Alicante, Paris, Palma, Nice etc, I'm sure they would have the economies of scale and marketing advantages to compete profitably against the likes of Jet2, BMIBaby, BAConnect and Monarch...

Much as I love LVL, I think EZ would give a better range of destinations with greater frequency, if it focused on MAN instead of LVL! (+ Ryanair poses less of a threat at MAN)

:= You claim to love lvl? Its lpl in fact, but you want ez to start to fly from man to destinations covered by lplexcept prg,if they can fly to some of the destinations you have mentioned why not use lpl to fly from????

point5
23rd May 2006, 16:10
The based Globespan 737 will link Liverpool with Prague from Nov 3rd. Departs LPL at 0620, in to Prague at 0920. Leaves Prague at 0950 and back into LPL at 1115. The aircraft then operates the TFS service at 12 noon.

More good news!!!

dwlpl
23rd May 2006, 21:40
Departure time from LPL is 0600.

point5
24th May 2006, 10:18
I added the 20min departure delay with the 8 EZYs and 6 RYRs trying to get out ahead of it

:p

dwlpl
24th May 2006, 10:41
..... by the time the Globespan aircraft 737 is based Ryanair will have 7*737-800s with easyJet having 8*Airbuses.

lfc84
25th May 2006, 14:43
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2604435&postcount=112

OPSQUEEN
6th Jun 2006, 09:33
Does anyone have any Ops vacancies for a redundant Emerald employee? (just opened the post):sad:

Cheers
Anne

BarTT
6th Jun 2006, 20:21
With an 0600 departure, will the Flyglobespan not go before all the EZY's and RYR's??

dwlpl
7th Jun 2006, 01:02
With an 0600 departure, will the Flyglobespan not go before all the EZY's and RYR's??

The Globespan route to Prague will start in the winter period (3rd Nov).

But using the summer times for comaprison, easyJet just has departures to Ibiza (Tuesday) and Malaga (Saturday and Sunday) at 0600.

For information, the airport opens up for business at 0600 during the winter months after shutting to allow work on the runway to take place overnight.

GoEDI
7th Jun 2006, 14:28
PRG drops to 4x weekly after 22nd December, I wouldn't be surprised to see GVA appear 3x weekly now, even if it would be in competition with EZY.

webby1919
26th Jun 2006, 15:30
I think that CMF 3 weekly is a good possibility by GSM.

conradmueller
27th Jun 2006, 06:17
EZY flights to Cologne will be mo-sa early in the morning and on su in the afternoon eff. winter.

ESCNI
27th Jun 2006, 13:31
With the launch of their winter timetable, Flybe seem to have almost axed their Liverpool/Belfast City service.

Although there are two flights on a Saturday and one on a Sunday, there are now no flights available during the working week.

:uhoh:

dwlpl
27th Jun 2006, 22:39
Timings arranged to watch Everton and return to Belfast. :ok:

How this airline has run down this route is amazing (over 110,000 pax in just over 10 months in 2005) with this winter a total of three flights is useless.

Any other airline wanting to take over the route?..............

ESCNI
27th Jun 2006, 22:44
....probably not. Effectively, they would be competing directly against easyJet's large aircraft.

(Yes, I know it's a different Belfast airport but they're competing for the same passengers.)

PS A total of three flights per week isn't useless if it still enables us to watch Everton. :ok:

dwlpl
27th Jun 2006, 23:12
The city pair, Liverpool/Belfast, is THE biggest provincial air route in the UK.

Last year EZY carried 525,000 pax to BFS and BE carried 110,000 pax to BHD!

This makes the THREE flights per week BE are offering a very strange decison indeed.

onion
28th Jun 2006, 08:58
ESCNI I think you maybe over simplyfiying things with regard to BFS and BHD. Most if not all who fly into BHD are people who are either working in or visiting Belfast. Those who fly into BFS are not only doing that but also then travelling onto other points in Northern Ireland (not flying). Yes there is competion on both the routes but for the same pax but pax for Belfast (wanting to be in the city) itself if given the opition of the two at competitive pricing tend to want to fly from BHD.

jabird
3rd Jul 2006, 20:15
Does anyone know more about the big announcement supposed to be made tomorrow, with the date being quite deliberate? CO to EWR has been discussed before, or do Y2 have desires on more links into SFB? Considering that LPL has seen most growth on the leisure market, my money would be on the latter, but either would be very interesting, if that's what is happening.

dwlpl
3rd Jul 2006, 20:47
Maybe its to repackage the airport back to Liverpool Airport, more or less, five (?) years to the day from it being named Liverpool John Lennon Airport?

Or maybe its the unveiling of the Masterplan?

blahblahblah
3rd Jul 2006, 20:52
dwlpl

My money would be on Masterplan announcement;)

dwlpl
4th Jul 2006, 10:02
The news is that Globespan is to fly daily Liverpool to New York (Newark) daily from May 2007.

jack_essex
4th Jul 2006, 10:06
Beat me to it! Just seen it on their site.

jabird
4th Jul 2006, 10:22
OK, right airline, wrong destination. New York is a huge market, but much of CO's traffic is for onward connections, so is the plan here to tap into a fair slice of MAN's pie too? Daily is ambitious, but then again so was daily to SFB from GLA. How much positioning is going to be needed to support long haul routes from MAN, LPL and GLA, or will they have 3 a/c by then?

"Maybe its to repackage the airport back to Liverpool Airport, more or less, five (?) years to the day from it being named Liverpool John Lennon Airport?"

DWPL, I think that the Lennon connection will have been a useful factor in helping attract more business from the other side of the pond.

dwlpl
4th Jul 2006, 10:28
The 757 that they will use on the Newark flight from LPL will be dedicated to that route looking at the times and with it being daily.

dwlpl
4th Jul 2006, 10:45
DWPL, I think that the Lennon connection will have been a useful factor in helping attract more business from the other side of the pond.

Agreed but the CAA want all this type of rebranding stopped.

AndyH52
4th Jul 2006, 18:27
I don't think that's entirely true. There is a difference between using 'branded' names when using radio transmissions, etc as opposed to 'proper' names which has the potential to cause confusion to those not familiar with the name change. That should in no way affect the commercial aspects of rebranding an airport to raise its profile to the travelling public.

The CAA have said that for airports such as Liverpool John Lennon, they will be referred to in all official CAA correspondence by its official title, not its branded title.

Mouser
6th Jul 2006, 07:27
Liverpool - Orlando could be on the cards, it was reported in last nite's Liverpool Echo that if Liverpool - New york is a success, Globespan have hinted that Orlando could be next, also reported is that Globespan are more than happy with sales on new routes to Tenerife & Prague.;)

dwlpl
11th Jul 2006, 21:31
Tonight we are on the eve of this weeks announcement.

All will be revealed tomorrow at 10am re the Masterplan.

Euroboy39
12th Jul 2006, 10:06
Any news on the announcement yet? I havn't seen anything.

I would have thought a daily flight to NYC is highly ambitious, when faced with MAN's double daily from CO, daily by BA and DL and PK frequencies on top! It might have been wise to operate the route 5x weekly with a 2x weekly to Toronto, or Boston even. Even so, they seem like a switched on airline, choosing its markets very sensibly in my opinion.

LPL has been screaming out for a LCC like GSM. They will surely be successful in operating some slightly longer leisure routes, such as Cyprus, Greece and the Canaries, which are beyond the traditional reach of EZ and FR. Hopefully we will see Orlando soon. Good luck to the airline.

dwlpl
12th Jul 2006, 21:51
The draft Masterplan consists of;

Terminal facilities to handle 8.3million pax by 2015, 12.3million pax by 2030, currently just gone through 5million pax MAT. Main terminal extension (with piers also) with finger extensions both to the east and west of the main terminal building.

Runway extended to 9022' and to include starter strips at both ends. Parallel taxiway to the north of runway lengthened to include the new runway extension. New parallel taxiway to the south.

Apron extension will be practically the full length of the extended runway. New apron to the south of the new southern taxiway.

New cargo centre (named World Cargo Centre) forecast to handle 220,000 tonnes to be built to the south of the runway. It must be remembered that the airports owners, Peel, also now owns the Port of Liverpool (MDHC) and expects to see greater synergy between the airport and seaport.

New airport only access road to link into the Ford Road/A5300 Knowsley Expressway (this is the continuation of the M57).

Costs is said to be £600million.

point5
13th Jul 2006, 09:02
Why would you need a parallel taxiway to the south?

Vampy
13th Jul 2006, 09:16
Point 5,
Parallel taxiway to the south would be needed because,
New cargo centre (named World Cargo Centre) forecast to handle 220,000 tonnes to be built to the south of the runway.

point5
13th Jul 2006, 15:46
S'pose I should take in what I read! Thanks!
No further questions...

dwlpl
14th Jul 2006, 10:16
Forgot to post that yesterday, 12th July, the first revenue flights of the first Liverpool based easyJet Airbus 319.

The aircraft positioned in Wednesday evening from Hamburg Finkenwerder.

Charlie Roy
22nd Jul 2006, 00:44
Ryanair have said that in their next expansion at Liverpool they we introduce a number of new eastern European routes.

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200businessfarmingnews/tm_objectid=17303259&method=full&siteid=50061&headline=ryanair-looks-east-for-new-jla-routes--name_page.html

Also heard that Liverpool - Brussels Charleroi will be reintroduced but possibly in the next expansion of Charleroi (2007), thus using a Brussels based aircraft.

Euroboy39
22nd Jul 2006, 18:08
If Ryanair want to join the dots, then this leaves very few airports in Central and Eastern Europe that they don't already serve from LPL- Brno, Balaton and Bratislava, plus a few extra cities in Poland- I doubt there is enough Czech or Hungarian workers in the northwest to provide the VFF traffic that LPL attracts on its Poland routes. I think Bratislava could work, due to its proximity to Vienna, but Wizzair have already indicated that they will serve BTS from next year. This leaves only Poland, which must be close to saturated with 3 carriers, serving Warsaw, Krakow, Katowice, Gdansk, Wroclaw and Poznan.

I never seem to understand FR logic (how the hell can they make Tampere, Alghero and Ancona work?!), but surely it would make more sense to serve Frankfurt, Brussels, Eindhoven etc first before launching more routes to eastern europe which don't attract business travellers so much as lower yeilding returning-home Polish workers.

Charlie Roy
7th Aug 2006, 10:38
What? Like Ryanair are axing Liverpool to Milan apparently (see Ryanair thread), but then they still fly Liverpool - Ancona for example :confused: How weird is that?

I would expect LPL - BGY to be reintroduced in the next FR expansion at LPL in 2007.

dwlpl
29th Aug 2006, 13:35
For completeness:

Ryanair have now loaded the times into the system for the Liverpool/Milan Bergamo route for the winter.

The times are the same as now and fly four times per week using a BGY based aircraft.

elgan
29th Aug 2006, 19:21
Ryanair selling Grenoble and Salzburg in the Daily Post today, when where these announced? Nothing on their site. Saying they start Dec 12th

Charlie Roy
29th Aug 2006, 19:37
elgan
Liverpool to Grenoble and Salzburg??
Funny you mention that, because I noticed in the "Find lowest fares" (link along top right of the Ryanair homepage) section today that when Liverpool is selected then both Grenoble and Salzburg are indeed proposed as destinations, although not of yet bookable. Maybe tomorrow ;)

Charlie Roy
30th Aug 2006, 15:28
Grenoble and Salzburg are now bookable on the Ryanair website from December 19th -2-4-6- :ok:

(What routes have been reduced to allow for these two new ski routes?)

Ametyst
30th Aug 2006, 19:33
The Liverpool to Bergerac service will be dropped for the winter from 4th November and services from Liverpool to Granada, Oslo Torp, Pisa and Reus will all be reduced from 7 to 4 flights a week for the winter.

It is expected that Ryanair will announce another two or three routes from Liverpool for the winter months.

Charlie Roy
30th Aug 2006, 20:15
Ametyst

Ya Dublin is also reduced for winter: get Aer Lingus out of the way then enjoy the monopoly :suspect:

These ski routes start December 19th so I would have been expecting a route to operate 1234567 during winter up until mid-December, and only then be reduced to 1-3-5-7 for the rest of the winter.
The entire winter scheduling of the Liverpool aircraft is not so clear yet.

dwlpl
11th Sep 2006, 11:46
Using another database the FlyGlobespan Tenerife South continues on into the 2007 summer season.

The daily flights deps LPL at 1200 and arr back at LPL 2135 using a 737-800.

daz211
11th Sep 2006, 11:57
do you know a/c for STN TFS summer 07
its a 737 now but was told poss bigger a/c in summer

dwlpl
11th Sep 2006, 12:06
For completeness;

The flyGlobespan Toronto Hamilton service starts Sunday 6th May 2007 and runs to at least the end of October 2007.

GSM190
Toronto Hamilton Dep2020 (Sunday)
Liverpool Arr0825 (Monday)

GSM189
Liverpool Dep1340 (Monday)
Toronto Hamilton Arr1640 (Monday)

The flights, both inbound and outbound, finish and originate at Stansted.

dwlpl
11th Sep 2006, 12:10
do you know a/c for STN TFS summer 07
its a 737 now but was told poss bigger a/c in summer

Its listed as a 737-600 but the rumour on here is that its to be a 757. It maybe the 757 but every route flyGlobespan has is rumoured to be a 757!

webby1919
11th Sep 2006, 12:45
It will not be a B757 for TFS - the B757 will operate the STN-YHM flights S07.

It is more than likely to be a B736 or B733.

dwlpl
15th Sep 2006, 12:59
There is a news item thats saying that FlyGlobespan is thinking af switching its yet-to-be-launched Liverpool to New York-Newark flight to serve New York JFK airport.

Must be a strong possibility if this has been made public.

dwlpl
3rd Oct 2006, 13:08
Today, with the basing of aircraft #6 and #7, sees the latest batch of routes (11 over the next few days or so) to be started by Ryanair out of Liverpool.

There's going to be another two new routes starting in mid December which will give the airline 34 routes out of Liverpool.

NB there are in fact 8*737-800's on station at Liverpool, the extra one covering for potential delays resulting from LPL's runway re-construction thats taking place betwen early October and late March next year.

Jet_stream
3rd Oct 2006, 15:16
Has been official for sometime LPL - NYC now operating into JFK.

shannon55
3rd Oct 2006, 15:17
Wow, i did'nt think Ryanair would leave an aircraft just sitting around!:}
Fair play to them though if they are, at least they would be ensuring passengers aren't too badly affected by delays caused by the airport.:D

dwlpl
7th Oct 2006, 09:01
Looks like Air Malta are trying to get in before FR/EZY do with a new route from Liverpool starting 4th May 2007.

The twice weekly flight to Liverpool will operate every Monday and Friday.

The Monday flight KM156/7 to Liverpool will depart Malta International Airport at 0700hrs arriving in Liverpool at 0935hrs. The return flight, Liverpool - Malta, departs Liverpool at 1025hrs arriving in Malta at 1455hrs.

Friday’s flight departs Malta at 1645hrs arriving in Liverpool at 1920hrs. The return flight Liverpool - Malta departs Liverpool at 2010hrs arriving in Malta at 0040hrs.

shannon55
7th Oct 2006, 11:26
Hmmmm:hmm: , only a matter of time ,I think, before RYR react to this move!:ooh:

dwlpl
24th Oct 2006, 14:05
Some passenger numbers noticed on flights taken over the last day or two;
22nd Oct FR1842 Liverpool/Aberdeen had 165 passengers
24th Oct FR1847 Inverness/Liverpool had 35 passengers (Inbound Liverpool flight to Inverness brought in 131 passengers)

shannon55
24th Oct 2006, 15:13
That outward Inverness route looks a tad dodgy:\ , inbound service is a bit better though:D .

SM82
24th Oct 2006, 18:17
Reports of a small light aircarft crashed at the end of the runway at LPL. Pilot and passenger are ok. Flights diverting to EMA

ESCNI
24th Oct 2006, 20:54
Not the handiest of diversionary destinations?

:uhoh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6082204.stm

Thomas_Cook_757-300
25th Oct 2006, 18:58
It looks like MyTravel Airways will be basing an aircraft at Liverpool next Summer with a huge expansion. MyTravel will now operate the following routes:

Alicante
Arrecife
Faro
Las Palmas
Larnaca
Reus
Tenerife South

The only route that looks like a W pattern is REU. Any news on aircraft type?

--------------

Thomas_Cook_757-300

dwlpl
1st Nov 2006, 12:39
easyJet carried its 15millionth passenger through Liverpool yesterday just days after the airlines ninth anniversary at Liverpool.

dwlpl
1st Nov 2006, 12:58
It will not be a B757 for TFS - the B757 will operate the STN-YHM flights S07.
It is more than likely to be a B736 or B733.

The first flyGlobespan flights left Liverpool today for Tenerife South (via Stansted for the first few weeks) using a 737-800.

dwlpl
26th Nov 2006, 12:36
As I understand the Knock stop, at the moment its just an application to gain permission for the Liverpool/New York JFK service to stop there en-route.

But I cannot see anything other than passengers being put off by this routing even though it looks as if its only three per week out of the daily flights.

I also see that for the Liverpool/JFK route:

* they intend to carry passengers between Liverpool and JFK, Knock and JFK AND ALSO Liverpool and Knock.

* seating capacity is approx 183 per flight and are aiming to sell 164 per flight which is 90% of the total.

* revenue is forecast to be $25.3million in the 11 months of operation with expenses being $24million, which produces a profit of $1.3million.

elgan
26th Nov 2006, 18:00
With me looking to book a LPL-JFK flight, the NOC stopover will not please me at all, tho maybe for the price, I can't complain!

Centre cities
26th Nov 2006, 22:16
The request for a NOC stop is interesting.

Does anybody know how the advance sales are going.

Perhaps not to well if they are looking for a stop already.

I can not see 7 per week being economical. Some Tue and Wed flights may struggle.

Centre cities

john11
27th Nov 2006, 17:44
why might the tue and wed flights struggle,
i cant see it doing to well for 7 a week.were might the stopover be and will it effect any MAN jfk or toronto routes?

Charlie Roy
19th Dec 2006, 19:47
I hope this forecast is wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4570

Otherwise one of Liverpool Airport's busiest weeks of the year is set for severe disruption :ouch:

dwlpl
19th Dec 2006, 20:41
With the £24million runway reconstruction work going on the runway lighting has been cut back to CAT I.

We need a bit of wind to blow the fog away.

03 headset man
20th Dec 2006, 00:24
well someone has made a big mistake today at liverpool haveing only cat1 fire cover a few flights could have made it in but not enought fire cover due to wip wzz 105 had to divert when he could have made a aproach due to fire cover and other flights as well it was a tough day for all and one which will go down to bad manegment and passengers badly affected but as always they will probaly get a payrise

EI-BUD
20th Dec 2006, 03:18
I understand that Knock Airport were talking to Flyglobespan about US flights , but it seems to have gone quiet. The booking facility for GSM shows only nonstop LPLJFK flights. I checked May& June only though.

The NOC JFK one could do well on a limited schedule given the volume of Irish people and tourists going to the west of Ireland from US. I dont think the stop would be a big issue for Passengers. As for GSM they are operating so many one stop flights. EG Stansted to Canada stops at Different UK airports on alternate days. Surprising given the London area population?

Best of Luck them.

IB4138
20th Dec 2006, 04:47
Not a good night for Liverpool.

5 Easyjet based aircraft overnighting in Blackpool and 3 Ryanair at Manchester.

A further 2 aircraft for each of these airlines reported to be at EMA.

As a result there are 13 cancelled flights up to 08.15 this morning.

What a way to run an airport!

If this continues, Easy and Ryan may as well move their operations to Blackpool permanently!

Helen49
20th Dec 2006, 07:23
It may interest you to know that this is exactly the way to run an airport in the prevailing conditions. The Airport has no control over the weather. Safety is paramount and when weather conditions are below aircraft operating minima, thereby precluding legal (and safe) operations, the international standard procedure is to divert to an airport at which a safe landing can be made.
H49

Vampy
20th Dec 2006, 07:32

I know! Can you believe it! I mean seriously! What idiot creates fog at an airport in the week before Christmas! I just wish I knew what the managers were thinking when they created the fog!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IB4138
20th Dec 2006, 08:00
Vampy and Helen 49.

Why not read all previous relevant posts on the subject before putting fingers to keyboard?

well someone has made a big mistake today at liverpool haveing only cat1 fire cover a few flights could have made it in but not enought fire cover due to wip wzz 105 had to divert when he could have made a aproach due to fire cover and other flights as well it was a tough day for all and one which will go down to bad manegment and passengers badly affected but as always they will probaly get a payrise

No wonder they want to increase all and sundry charges and charge people for breathing!

Vampy
20th Dec 2006, 08:40
IB4138

Where is there any mention of a reduction in fire cover? There are no NOTAMs out for today saying as such, do you know if there was yesterday?

The only NOTAM relevant that I can see, is to do with the fact that there is no centreline lighting at the moment due to the runway WIP. This would make the airport Cat 1 as dictated by CAP168.

Helen49
20th Dec 2006, 08:48
Perhaps some people don't understand the difference between Fire Cat 1 and ILS Cat 1????
H49

Friio4
20th Dec 2006, 09:40
The ILS has been downgraded to CAT1, usually CAT2. This is due to extensive runway and lighting work. Therefore the RVR minima is 550m. The RVR was less than that for most of yesterday, hence the disruption.
Nothing to do with fire cover, increasing charges or badly run airports.

dwlpl
20th Dec 2006, 10:44
If this continues, Easy and Ryan may as well move their operations to Blackpool permanently!

I have heard it all now.

I now managers in all walks of life cop the blame for all kinds of things but getting blamed for the weather must be one of the best ever.

IB4138
20th Dec 2006, 11:11
The ILS has been downgraded to CAT1, usually CAT2. This is due to extensive runway and lighting work.

Who made the decision to do this work at this time of year then, when the weather can, to say the least be doubtful?

Would that be airport management by chance?

Vampy
20th Dec 2006, 11:40
So when exactly would be a good time to upgrade the runway, which is a major operation taking 6months working flat out from 23.30-0559 (give or take)?!? Maybe you would prefer it in the summer months? When the Easyjet and Ryanair Summer schedules are full to bursting and still operating until 3am! But no, because then you'd be moaning about being diverted into Manchester along with 7 or 8 other flights who hadn't made it back by 23.30!
Are you seriously for real.........?

dwlpl
20th Dec 2006, 11:44
Passenger demands during the summer months dictated that the work goes on thought the winter months.

As Vampy says, LPL has flights throughout the night in summer and none during the night in winter.

This together with LPL being one of the least weather affected airports in the UK made it a no brainer.

Unfortuneatly they got a hit this time.

BTW, the sun is now shining and all is well.

dwlpl
20th Dec 2006, 12:07
Just been announced that due to the weather ALL BA domestic flights to/from Heathrow are cancelled.

Who takes the blame for this then IB4138?

Helen49
20th Dec 2006, 12:53
Thank goodness IB4138 isn't managing an airport......at least I hope not.......should stick to what he/she knows about......clearly not airfield ops and licensing!!
H49

Friio4
20th Dec 2006, 13:24
Think you'll find that most major airport runway upgrade work will take place over autumn/winter months.Between the summer schedules finishing and starting the following year. As Vampy says, during the summer schedules Easyjet, Ryanair and holiday charters operate into the early hours of the morning, whereas during the winter most flying has ceased by 23.30 anyway.
Airline Ops have had plenty of notice of this and months of planning has gone into it. All of the work has been NOTAM'd well in advance.
To blame airport management for one day of poor weather affecting operations is naive in the extreme. The result of the work being completed in the spring will greatly benefit the airport and airlines.

IB4138
21st Dec 2006, 05:18
Just been announced that due to the weather ALL BA domestic flights to/from Heathrow are cancelled.

Who takes the blame for this then IB4138?

BA...if you read that appropriate thread.....they will do anything to keep long haul flying. There was no justification in a total cancellation of domestic flights.

But why mention BA on this thread, dwlpl? They don't operate to/from Liverpool, so where is the relevance?

exloadie
22nd Dec 2006, 19:37
BA...if you read that appropriate thread.....they will do anything to keep long haul flying. There was no justification in a total cancellation of domestic flights.

But why mention BA on this thread, dwlpl? They don't operate to/from Liverpool, so where is the relevance?

Think you will find FOG being the common thread i.e. both airports had it

IB4138
23rd Dec 2006, 06:17
Not the way dwlpl's mind works, I'm afraid, ex-l.

He will just have seen it as a way of supporting his beloved LJLA, where he thinks everything is rosey and wonderful, by diverting attention and rubbishing somewhere else as a defence. :rolleyes:

LTNman
23rd Dec 2006, 07:21
Passenger demands during the summer months dictated that the work goes on thought the winter months.

As Vampy says, LPL has flights throughout the night in summer and none during the night in winter.

This together with LPL being one of the least weather affected airports in the UK made it a no brainer.

Unfortuneatly they got a hit this time.

BTW, the sun is now shining and all is well.

Stansted had its runway relayed this summer over a 6 month period when its ILS was deduced to CAT1

Luton also had its runway relayed this year but did it in two stages. Stage 1 was from March 1st to June 30th when the runway was reduced to Cat 1. Stage 2 was from October 1st to November 30th but this was just for drainage work so the runway remained CAT 3.

Luton was very lucky as the fog stayed away at an airport that has a reputation as being foggy but then Luton did not choose to do the work over the winter. If it had then Luton would have been closed now for almost 4 day.

Vampy
23rd Dec 2006, 08:53
rubbishing somewhere else as a defence.
Punchy this morning arent we[B]IB4138.[B] However, I don't recall dwlpl rubbishing anywhere at all. He merely pointed out that all BA domestic flights to/from Heathrow had been grounded due to the fog. He then asked you who was to blame, a question which you so far have failed to answer.
Nobody is under any illusion that everything at Liverpool is rosey and wonderful but it does make me laugh when people who think they have an idea about something come and post on here and then show that in fact they don't have the foggiest (pardon the pun). As LTNman points out Stansted and Luton both relaid their runways in Spring or Summer. However, the operational requirements at these airports, I should imagine, are such that those times of the year were the best times to do the work. Here at Liverpool, the Winter schedules are virtually finished by midnight, with virtually no movements until 6am. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, therefore, to work out that with that being the quietest period during the year, it would also be the best time to do the work.
So it's been foggy for a couple of days. This only actually affected Liverpool on one day (Tuesday), and on that particular day the RVRs and Vis were well below Cat II minima, nevermind Cat I, so even if the runway was fully serviceable and operational, the aircraft [B]STILL[B] couldn't have got in.

On your profile it says you are a Radio Presenter. If that's the case, then you may want to teach your colleagues at the BBC and Sky all about ATC and aviation as you appear to be so confident about your knowledge, as judging by the reports on TV they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. But then again, maybe you already have............:ugh: :ugh: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IB4138
23rd Dec 2006, 12:14
Oh dear!

What an ill informed and uneducated person you appear to be vampy.

Firstly, if you would care to read the thread correctly, without the standard issue Liverpool spotters rose tinted specs on, you will see that I answered the previous question! :=

Secondly, you can imagine away about other airfields.:rolleyes: Check your facts before putting your didgets to the keyboard! :ugh:

Thirdly, you do not know the difference between a news journalist, who reads (ie. presents the news programs) and a radio presenter. They are not the same, far from it! Do not tar me with the same brush as the morons at BBC news, Sky news or ITN. They are not colleagues! That, I take as an insult! :mad:

I am a music and sports presenter, a far different animal .

Let me assume for once, that your name is Gordon........I shall play an appropriately titled trax , on one of my shows next week, especially for you!

cesare.caldi
23rd Dec 2006, 12:22
Ryanair from 1st July 2007 increase frequency of LPL-PSA and LPL-BGY from 4x week to daily.

LPL-PSA daily continue to be operated by LPL plane.
What others flights will be reduced at LPL to make space for this?

Vampy
23rd Dec 2006, 12:58
What an ill informed and uneducated person you appear to be vampy
Never claimed to be Brain of Britain to be fair, however I do at least know how to spell 'digit'.
Also, speaking as an Air Traffic Controller at Liverpool, with friends at Stansted & Luton amongst others, I feel I may have more knowledge to add to this thread than you do.
Thirdly, you do not know the difference between a news journalist, who reads (ie. presents the news programs) and a radio presenter. They are not the same, far from it! Do not tar me with the same brush as the morons at BBC news, Sky news or ITN. They are not colleagues! That, I take as an insult!

It would appear you do not know the difference between an ATCO and a Liverpool spotter That I take as an insult.

Finally, you have no right to belittle 'spotters' when you're only interest according to your profile is 'ppruneing'............

dwlpl
23rd Dec 2006, 13:11
Not the way dwlpl's mind works, I'm afraid, ex-l.
He will just have seen it as a way of supporting his beloved LJLA, where he thinks everything is rosey and wonderful, by diverting attention and rubbishing somewhere else as a defence. :rolleyes:

Where am I rubbishing you?

dwlpl
23rd Dec 2006, 13:16
Ryanair from 1st July 2007 increase frequency of LPL-PSA and LPL-BGY from 4x week to daily.

LPL-PSA daily continue to be operated by LPL plane.
What others flights will be reduced at LPL to make space for this?

Since the start of the LPL/PSA route it has been daily (apart from this winter) and flown by LPL based aircraft.

PPRuNe Pop
23rd Dec 2006, 13:20
OK, thats it. How do we stop this? Charging and defending over and over gets no-one anywhere.

This thread is closed is how.

Start another, but DO NOT raise these silly comments and claims about bad managment. It is NOT your decision is it. Get real. Anymore of it and some of you will take a Christmas break from PPRuNe.

Merry Xmas.

PPP