PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Pacific A319 &A320

rziola
7th Oct 2005, 10:58
Good Afternoon chaps,

Heard about all those nice shiny Airbus arriving in PH for Cebu Pacific. Any idea if they need drivers. Do they only hire locals or do they accept xpats ? Min hours etc ?

I have no idea of the market in PH, perhaps someone can enlighten me ? Are there any xpats flying out there ?
Many thanks

Sheep Guts
7th Oct 2005, 12:39
Not sure but any one has contact info for Cebu Pacific please advise or OM ME.
Thanks in advance

Sheep

Medwin
9th Oct 2005, 12:54
No expats, the company is not big enough to sponsor expats, but here's the website; http://www.cebupacificair.com/

semper fi
9th Oct 2005, 13:17
CebuPac 320/1's

You need to be a citizen to fly for renumeration in the PH, that goes for comml and ATPL licences. hence no expats, that's until all the pilots leave then the airlilnes will have to hire through agencies, it has happened before.:*

unruly
9th Oct 2005, 17:12
Nope, no expats. They did have a portugese before, but married to a filipina. He's moved on to greener pastures now. Heard they're having some problems with manning, with pilots leaving for MAS, EVA and Air Asia. With PAL also looking to poach these guys, I guess there will come a time they will have a need for expats.

rziola
10th Oct 2005, 12:44
Intersting, seems like the country has a steady pool of cadets ? Or can I presume that hour requirements in PH are not as high to fly a Airbus, such as in Europe at least 500 hours onb type for insurance etc ? Was in Indonesia recently, paid a visit to the flight deck of a 737 for Mandala, FO was a Indonesian cadet, straight from Flight Safety in the US with 250 hour TT and a Type rating, guess this is not much different, but he told me most FO's where low hour guys.
But regardless, let hope there will some oppertunities for xpats in PH, great country to live in.

e6b
18th Oct 2005, 14:25
The minimum time for an F/O position at CebuPac is 1500hrs, preferably with turbine time.

vicman
22nd Oct 2005, 19:31
Any of you guys fly for CP? I'm curious about schedules, trip rigs.

I'd like to apply and hopefully experience life in the PI...go to places like boracay, palawan, mindanao or hang out in quezon city on my days off......I also think that flying in Asia would keep me on my toes, and make me a better pilot.

Kaptin M
23rd Oct 2005, 01:37
I imagine there are still quite a few ex-PAL, experienced, non-scab pilots who are probably still looking for work in their home country, who would be far better qualified to take these positions than many non Filipinos.

I too would love to return to The Phils and again fly there (I did about 9 months out of Manila with Air Philippines on the 737, when they first kicked off), however living and working there made me realise just how many Filipino G.A. pilots are available and all hoping for THEIR chance to get a job in an airline in THEIR OWN country.
Many of the Captains & F/O's that Air Philippines recruited at the time, were guys who had been flying G/A. aircraft around since the previous PAL strike a decade or more prior to 1996.

Here in Japan, rziola, just about ALL of the F/O's (Japanese nationals) come straight out of flying school and onto the jets - TT around 220 hours.
The only foreign F/O's employed here are - in general - HIGHLY experienced, usually with several thousand hours airline time.