PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet operations from Paris

Maddog Red
6th Oct 2005, 12:15
From Luton and Gatwick Easyjet do similar routes obviously to get the rich pickings of London and its catchment areas, so why not do the same in Paris, they fly from CDG and Orly but the only route that they operate too from both airports is Nice, would it not be best to centralise around one airport and offer a better product and possible connections, epically when competing with Air France or do the same as they do in London and cover all angles.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
6th Oct 2005, 12:24
I thought that they wanted to operate all flights from CDG but the Frech government were protecting Air France and said slots for domestic flights were not available

G-I-B

BillClark
6th Oct 2005, 12:49
Perhaps this lot are a bit of a tough nut to crack too?
www.tgv.com

Maddog Red
6th Oct 2005, 12:54
TGV is only a tough nut to crack if you want to get to and from Paris and only within France, if you want to go anywhere else, forget the TGV. Also, is it not qucker to fly than go by train.

WHBM
6th Oct 2005, 13:41
I think the EZY operation out of Paris could multiply by x10 tomorrow were they not restricted by all sorts of invented restrictions on slot availability that somehow never seem to affect their established competitors there.

Maddog Red
7th Oct 2005, 07:58
Isn’t it about time one of the Low Cost Airlines began to make an impact on the French Market? and take Air France on and the other full service airlines. Yes we all understand about the bureaucracy but it was the same in the UK at first, you just have to keep pushing and showing the French authorities how much money they are missing out on from Taxes etc. It all seems a bit touchy feely at the moment with no one wanting to make the first real move and see how it goes, lets take Toulouse for example, you cant even get to Spain without having to use one of the major carriers and this city has a huge catchment area with a major none French work force, who I am sure are use to UK and German markets where you have a real choice of airlines and routes. Easyjet seem to be doing well on the Toulouse to Paris routes as it is a 5 times a day route so why are they not growing on this and looking at Lyon and Bordeaux to Paris and opening a hub at either one of the southern French cites and offer a real alternative to what is currently being offered. I travel to and from the Midi Pyrenees region allot espically from the Midlands and know how hard it is to get there and have tired many alternative routes to get timings and prices that are good for a weekend away, but it makes me cringe when you see people from the region who want to go to Prague for a weekend having to travel via Frankfurt and having to take a Full Service Airline and 4 aircraft for the pleasure of a weekend away. There is a market in France that is really not being catered for and I find it shame that they do not have the same choice as we do.

ElNino
7th Oct 2005, 15:30
There's a good reason why 09L/27R in CDG isn't used in conjunction with 9R/27L and it's nothing to do with operational reasons (they have been used simultaneously recently during emergencies). Can't be opening up more slots that might go EZY's way...

LGS6753
7th Oct 2005, 17:34
Perhaps many people fail to understand the extremely protectionist view taken by the French. They will place numerous 'non-tariff barriers' to non-French operators. And in France there is a very cozy relationship between the various state and quasi-state owned bodies, such as Air France, Aeroports de Paris, SNCF etc. The reason for this cameraderie is the French education system which populates the upper echelons of the French establishment with graduates of the 'lycees' - elite grammar schools.
I'm sure EZY can find easier pastures to graze, where their presence is welcome, than France.
Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the French (except 1000 years of history), but they have a system which suits them, and is very far from the more open Anglo-Saxon approach.