PDA

View Full Version : Fast Helicopters to become UK dealer for Polish SW-4 helicopter??

ppheli
6th Oct 2005, 12:10
As FlightOops was so keen to respond to the Wasp thread, let's try this one....

From Duxford, the Polish built PZL SW-4 helicopter went to Shoreham for a few days and then on to Thruxton - and it may still be there. Seems like Fast Helicopters are taking a LOT of interest in it....? Why?

Performance data, weights etc on the manufacturer's site here (http://www.pzl.swidnik.pl/AN2000/04_SW4/2117_a_sw4masyosiagi.htm)

muffin
6th Oct 2005, 14:31
Is Fast under new ownership now?

muffin
6th Oct 2005, 14:43
OK thanks. The founder/original owner is my old boss so I was just curious.

blade771
6th Oct 2005, 16:17
I think the buy out has gone ahead, spoke to Fast today and they mentioned some re-shuffling going on. Hope this helps.

ppheli
7th Oct 2005, 11:43
I think you will find that Shoreham Airport is a five year management contract and not a purchase. Fast and Sterling are purchases.

And what is the guy's interest in hedgehogs? his R44 is G-HHOG and his company Erinaceous Group means "hedgehog-like".

I can just see the jokes coming....

Flying Pencil
7th Oct 2005, 12:47
ppheli,

You seem to know all the movements of this Polish helicopter and about the new owners of Fast's fascination with hedgehogs! It's a little surprising you don't know what they are up to with the SW-4.
Sorry if I've got it wrong but is there another agenda here?

FP.

ppheli
8th Oct 2005, 14:33
FP - no, not at all. It was just by coincidence that I had seen the SW-4 movements on Shoreham Airport's website (where all movements are publically available). The knowledge of the parent company name Erinaceous, a dictionary to find out what that meant, and matching up the parent company address in Croydon with the CAA register address of G-HHOG.

In short, I know how to use the internet as a research tool and am not privy to Fast Hc business. So, I'm afraid you do have it wrong (sorry 'bout that), hence the question, which it sounds like you can answer?

Flingingwings
8th Oct 2005, 16:02
Sherlock Holmes - One step forward.

A lot of effort me thinks. Checking the Shoreham website for movements, Companies House for details re Sterling Helis new owners, a dictionary (to boost the vocabulary) and G-INFO for a/c owner details.........

Sounds massively important for so much effort. :confused:

Nothing in FP's post says he knows anything about FAST.

However for so much effort what were you hoping to find/prove?

The internet as a search tool is one thing, too much time on your hands is CLEARLY another.

Whatever is happening, it is clear that some people are looking to potentially invest in the heli industry (why else buy Sterling and FAST) and that can never be a bad thing.

I'm interested to see what it will bring, but in the interim think you need to get out more :E

FW

Shawn Coyle
9th Oct 2005, 20:05
I flew the SW-4 several years ago for a few moments, and spent some time talking to the Polish engineers about what it would take to make it acceptable in the Western helicopter market. I'm curious to know if they did any of the changes suggested (and I'm not worried about it being competition to any of our (Agusta) machines.)
If anyone cares to pm me, I'd like to discuss it more off-line.