PDA

View Full Version : BA1764 14th October

benedictus
6th Oct 2005, 10:17
Hi all,

I will be flying from Glasgow to Birmingham on this service with my family.

This is the first time that my kids will have flown and I want to make it an extra special experience for them, they don't know they are going, they just think they are saying goodbye to daddy for a few days.

Any advice on how to make it "special" for them?

Any of the crew operating the flight visit these pages?

I've contacted BA and got the seats arranged but that is is far as I can take it at the moment.

benedictus
6th Oct 2005, 17:10
Thanks for that, I'll do it tomorrow and let you know how it all goes

tiggerific_69
9th Oct 2005, 09:49
hi there i am bacx crew at bhx,i'll just look at my roster and see if im on that flight!im afraid its not me on that flight,however i can find out and speak to the crew who are operating,depending on who it is,what time does the 1764 depart?if i know who the crew is and its on the Embraer 145 then im sure they will be more than happy to let them have a nosey in the flight deck as you diesmbark,they will tell you to wait until last.But if its the RJ100 crew then i dont know whether they will do anything like that.But to be honest nothing can really be sorted until on the day by asking the crew,because of security issues & also things like going to and from the terminal with the ground staff.if you can speak to someone at Glasgow,ask them if you can be preboards because youve never flown with the kids before and im sure there will be no problem,then ask the cabin crew if you can stick your head in the flight deck before you get off.thats about as good as it gets these days unfortunately,even more so on a flight which can be as short as 45 minutes because the crew are so busy.but dont be afraid to ask,no one wil bite!i'll find out who the crew are and let you know what theyre like :)

tiggerific_69
9th Oct 2005, 10:52
thats good,i know some of them are a bit funny and not very helpful,there are a few old dragons at bhx.there are alot of us who are dual trained (145 and RJ) but those of us who are always say we know the 145 flight deck better than the RJ flight deck,i took a little lad up yesterday morning to say hello to the flight deck on the 145 and he loved it.i think cos we fly on the 145 more,we know them better,as opposed to the RJ,but you never know specially if you get someone whos having a bad day!

benedictus
9th Oct 2005, 15:47
Thanks for all the help. Couldn't get hold of the crewing manager at Glasgow as he's on leave at the moment.

Flight departs at 1730 and is on the RJ which I presume will be a Birmingham based crew.

I'll keep trying to get hold of the crewing manager whenever he returns, if not I'll try the gate staff on the day whoi might be able to sort something out with teh crew.

Thanks again

tiggerific_69
9th Oct 2005, 22:41
yep it will
not sure if the gate staff will be able to sort something with the crew,we only ever see the Dispatcher!!but its worth asking anyway :) i'll see if i can find out when i go in on Tuesday and leave them a note :)

tiggerific_69
13th Oct 2005, 10:09
crewing wouldnt tell me who the crew will be,so the best thing to do is ask the crew when you get onboard :)

tiggerific_69
15th Oct 2005, 09:42
hi
how did it go??

benedictus
16th Oct 2005, 11:47
Thanks for all your help guys, unfortunately things didn't go as planned, we didn't pre-board, despite my best efforts and had to struggle with the 3 kids, buggy and hand luggage amongst all the other slf for the flight.
Cabin crew were fantastic really friendly and very helpful, and made the kids feel really special so my thanks to them for all their efforts on the flight.

Didn't have time for a flight deck visit so will try and get that sorted for the return leg today.

Thanks again for all your efforts

Benedictus

benedictus
17th Oct 2005, 07:34
Return leg was much the same as the outbound, came back on the BA1735, again didn't preboard but the flight was quiet, Tracy and Louise were great (my wife gave a glowing review on teh questionnaire). Kids were too tired for a fligth deck visit so we didn't bother to ask.

Thanks to all for your efforts in trying to make thios a special trip, it turned out well in the end as the kids had a ball.

If Louise from teh 1735 is reading this, the baby sends you another big smile