PDA

View Full Version : overseas employment

pilotads
6th Oct 2005, 08:19
G'Day i'm just asking for help in finding or even just looking for jobs in other countries like Africa, PNG, Canada, (i've heard of low time pilots having a lot of success in these countries) if any has or is currently working in another country some infomation on how you came accross the job and any tips for aplying would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

757manipulator
6th Oct 2005, 10:44
Did the Africa thing for 2 years....before moving onto to Europe, and now all I really want for christmas is a job in Oz or Nz.

Basically its a jonny on the spot thing in Africa...do your research..take your anti-malarials, and go. Be prepared to backpack about, drink warm beer, argue with ENORMOUS south africans, and kill the odd venemous reptile. With some luck (thanks to a good deal of research..and pprune is a good place to start) you'll find a job carrying tourists, miners, poachers and game keepers about in a crappy old 182/206. If you dont end up killing yourself you'll graduate to a Caravan/twin otter/beech 1900/Let 410 etc...and then you'll be a sky-god..like me!:}

Most important thing...do the research..no question is a dump one!

Wanikiba_pilot
6th Oct 2005, 13:13
Lots of places to look,

I went to the Pacific then ended up in the states. Now happily back in Oz, and very happy to be back here. When you're away you see just how good it is to be here. Good medical care, clean water...good pay.

Going overseas, you need to do your homework, go and check it out first, if youre willing to spend the time, an extra couple of bucks to see what you're getting into will be well spent. There's nothing like being Johnny on the spot, good places for that: Vanuatu, Fiji(maybe, depends on local pilot training), Marshalls, maybe even Kiribati. Start off as an FO in an otter or Islander command.

If you can, stay in Oz, its so much less complicated, less headaches. The grass will always seem greener on the other side when you're in avaition...

WP

4SPOOLED
7th Oct 2005, 06:48
i want to head overseas myself after i build the time over here.....the grass looks pretty green over at cathay from where i am standing, or sliding into a near new seat in a emirates craft wouldnt be too bad either:p

My 2c