PDA

View Full Version : Max Holste Broussard

Lowtimer
6th Oct 2005, 08:01
Is there anyone here who is associated with a Broussard in the UK? I see from G-INFO there are four on the register, but there may be others in non-operational shape. A pal of mine is designing a radio-controlled scale model of the type and while he's a talented guy he needs some close-up measurements and detail shots. It's a shame thet there doesn't seem to be one at Duxford any more - please correct me if I'm wrong - as it is handy for both of us, but we would be very grateful for any access to an airframe for photography and sketches. Any clues on a good scale drawing would also be very valuable - there's one titchy 3-view that we've found on the web but it's not terribly detailed or precise.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Bus429
6th Oct 2005, 08:12
Make sure he scales the landing gear and its very bouncy characteristics. I've had quite a few flights in the MH1521 and enjoyed them.

LowNSlow
6th Oct 2005, 09:21
Isn't there a luridly painted one based at Eggesford? Unfortunately that's in Devon......

barit1
9th Oct 2005, 14:05
It's fascinating that the Broussard was contemporary with the DHC-2 Beaver, shared the same powerplant, but never reached nearly the production volume of the Beaver (1600 examples).

Another St Ivian
9th Oct 2005, 14:13
Is this any help? (http://caea.free.fr/imagcoll/3vbroussdetail.jpg)

Opssys
10th Oct 2005, 11:26
Lowtimer.
Just an idle thought, why not try contacting Reims Aviation Industries. They appear proud of their heritage and are heirs and successors to Max Holste SA and now they are once again 100% French owned are probably even more concerned that their past prior to Cessna is recognised.

I would suggest either General Enquiries : [email protected]
Or Documentation - Jean Noël Sirot : [email protected]

At worse they can say NON at best you will get exactly what you require as regards Drawings and detail.

DIH

Lowtimer
10th Oct 2005, 13:45
A.S.I., thanks but he's already got that, and in fact done the whole google / airliners.net thing. Main object of the exercise is to get some good detailed close-up photography of particular parts, rather than the whole aeroplane.

AerBabe
11th Oct 2005, 09:27
I've already suggested this elsewhere, but in case anyone else is interested ... There's a Broussard at North Weald at the moment, waiting to be picked up after its annual.

QDMQDMQDM
11th Oct 2005, 13:10
Give Nigel Skinner a call. G-YYYY is a beaut.

http://www.eggesfordairfield.co.uk/