PDA

View Full Version : welcome to doha mess.

loc22550
6th Oct 2005, 06:57
I have the feeling that departing or arriving on time become an exeption in doha with Qatar airways....(i don´t known the statistic).
Recently after landing we had to wait 30' before we can get a parking stand...result..a lot of passenger missed their connection!
I don´t even talk about the mess inside the airport,last time i went on leave all the passenger were seating on the ground ,on the stair everywhere inside the airport waiting for boarding...no place to go.

Well without being too negative, i think if the situation doesn´t change rapidly, it´s a matter of time before Doha airport will got a bad reputation, and passenger will refuse to transit via Doha...!
cheers!:uhoh:

kingoftheslipstream
6th Oct 2005, 07:17
... and the problem is ..? :p

loc22550
6th Oct 2005, 07:24
off course there is a solution..........the new airport......ready by 2009..............!!!:D :D

outhouse
6th Oct 2005, 11:14
It’s not only the airport that’s a shambles; I had to venture onto the roads this week during a visit!!!! It seems they are blocked on a permanent basis. Some sort of modernization plan? Under way. How douse any body move about in Doha, it’s a mystery to me.
outhouse

salamalikum2
6th Oct 2005, 11:54
yes it is Onthouse...!
Doha looks to me close to the chaos!
Welcome to the "pearl of the Gulf"!!:p

outhouse
6th Oct 2005, 13:16
Thanks salamalikum2
Chaos and confusion seems to have been achieved in an efficient and very successful manor and seems total to me. Things I expect can only go down hill, but how far is the question?
outhouse
:cool:

Hajj Man
6th Oct 2005, 14:18
You can read in the paper every day that vehicles are taking 1 hour to travel 1 km and what use to be a 20 min drive for some is now 1 hour 30 mins long.

I wonder if the police that park their Toyota Land cruiser or Nissan Patrol on the outer lane of the 3 lane round about think that they are helping? The three lane round abouts in Doha only use the inner two lanes.

Don't forget it is RAMADAN and we only work half day also on any project.

Anyhow you can just do what I do and that is stay at home and read PPRUNE.

HM:ok:

loc22550
6th Oct 2005, 16:50
Today travelling from city center to airport....1h20.... any better performance..?
i should have call The Guiness Book of record 2005..!:p

When the autority in qatar will start to think before acting... this will be a good day.
Here we act than we think.:hmm: