PDA

View Full Version : request updated intel on Net-Jets (middle east)

flufdriver
5th Oct 2005, 22:54
I couldn't find any recent comments about conditions in Saudi and I am kind of intersted to find out what it is like these days.

Any info is appreciated.

Here is the context: I am nearing mandatory retirement from airline flying ( I'm in excellent health and fear that I might live for another 50 yrs. in which case I need quite a bit of money!) I have been trying to break into the corporate market but that appears easier said then done. Now I see that Net-Jets (middle east) is looking for drivers with FAA tickets (which I happen to have).

I suspect that Saudi is not exactly the top destination for expats with a choice, which perhaps improves my chances.

So my thinking goes somewhat like this: I could explore a corporate position in that area and even if it is hardship duty for a year or two, at least I'll get my foot in the door of the world of corporate flying of substantial metal.

So, don't be shy , give me the good , the bad and the ugly.

mutt
6th Oct 2005, 04:57
Whats the max hiring age for NJME?

Mutt

flufdriver
6th Oct 2005, 13:12
Mutt;

Are you asking or are you trying to tell me something?

I actually havn't made a move to contact them (NJME) as yet, I wanted to see what my query in this forum would turn up first.

Fitter Hotel
7th Oct 2005, 10:47
Hi, what I know so far about NJME is not to bad. You will be based in Jeddah, which is much better than Riyadh. They fly a lot so there is a good chance to stay some time out of the Kingdom. I know they are verry short of pilots. The payment is ok, its all tax free and you probably get a Bupa med. insurance. And the great thing is your month off.
But it is not to easy to stay in Saudi Arabia. So far, no nightlife, no Alcohol, no cinema, no pubs and f... hot during the summer.
:cool:

SNS3Guppy
8th Oct 2005, 20:00
I'm interested, too. I submitted a resume this morning after seeing an ad on the internet, and got a call about five hours later.

They said they're interviewing in 60-90 days, probably in Paris.

I'd like to get some information on wages, and anything else that anybody has to offer.

flyingmasai
10th Oct 2005, 08:49
I received the same call yesterday for an interview within 30 days in Paris. Any informations will be appreciated.

flufdriver
11th Oct 2005, 19:31
That is good news for you guys, I'd be interested to find out what age group you're in.

I did e-mail a resume a couple of days ago, but havn't heard anything back (other then the acknowledgement) so, there may be an age restriction after all, or they simply feel that I don't fit their profile.

That's Life!

Do keep us posted! :ok:

Luke SkyToddler
13th Oct 2005, 13:14
I see a couple of posters on this thread are European and I wonder if you can clarify something for me, the only recruitment advert I've seen for NJME is on the aviationjobsearch.com website and it won't let you apply unless you specifically have FAA licences ... is that all they accept?

Do they consider JAA licences, or do you have to go convert your ATPL to FAA before they'll consider you?

If there are opportunities for European pilots, what's the correct method of applying to NJME?

Cheers

- Luke

C17CHS
13th Oct 2005, 23:55
Luke,

There was also a recruitment ad on Climbto350.com on 4 Oct 05. The ad stated in bold..."Must have FAA-ATP License."

There was a website listed.

www.nasaviation.com (http://www.nasaviation.com)

Good luck.

flufdriver
16th Oct 2005, 14:42
:hmm: Still no response to my mailing,

Well I guess there may be lots of "near-to-retirement" from airline flying guys (like myself) fishing in the same pond.

Perhaps I had better look into something like Piano-playing in a Bordello, at least the fringe benefits could be interesting!

fluf