PDA

View Full Version : Kulula/1Time going REGIONAL???

captain cumulonimbus
5th Oct 2005, 22:14
Read in the sunday papers that either Kulula or 1Time are planning to go regional.Any clue as to where they intend to take this precisely?

Cheers Cb

6th Oct 2005, 05:10
Heard a while ago that 1Time was gonna take up international flights. Somebody said that the destination was a country which doesn't border on SA.
Your guess is as good as mine.
Thats why they were getting another MD82/3 with longer range. Tanzania or Kenya???

beckers
6th Oct 2005, 15:30
Talk in and around town is that 1time will start to Lusaka...???

6th Oct 2005, 18:40
Is there such a big demand for seats to LUN? I would prefer to see some LCCs give the mainline carriers competition on the WDH route. Those tickets are horrendously expensive and yet the trip from JNB to WDH is shorter than JNB to CPT!!??
In 10 days time from now a ticket to WDH will cost R2427 return.
On the same dates a ticket to CPT will set you back R1600 return. Both are SAA tickets.
Kulula are selling a return flight JNB-CPT on the same dates for R968.
Go figure......

Deskjocky
7th Oct 2005, 09:37
R2427 on SAA to CPT sounds a bit steep- have a look on flysaa.com thats where SAA's cheapest domestic tickets are- lots of seats for around R900 to R1000

Try BA to WDH maybe they have a cheaper price

abc.fp
7th Oct 2005, 17:59
Heard from a reliable source that the plan is for a local namibian operator to start schedules out of whk to jnb, cpt and luanda. They have apparently made an agreement with 1-time to make use of the DC9's for this purpose.

(The namibian DCA has recently granted a second namibian operator a licence to operate passengers out of FYWH)

All airlines on the whk-jnb & whk-cpt routes have a special offer now of R1900. But the normal price is correctly quoted as being close to R2500.

Interesting to see what prices these guys will offer.

Regards...

cigar
7th Oct 2005, 19:43
1Time said they are looking at a destination not bordering SA and only operated by 1 airline. May guess would be ZNZ. Only SAA fly there if I'm not mistaken and it doesn't really border SA. Just my 2c.

captain cumulonimbus
7th Oct 2005, 23:31
my thought was exactly that...ZNZ.I hope it comes to reality,that route would be great and i'm certain they could fill every flight up there,its like a south african colony!but i heard subsequently that it might be Livingstone,zambia.Will keep my eyes open.Im curious!