PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic Interview

747 Boy
5th Oct 2005, 13:36
Hi,

I was hoping that someone could give me a idea as to the format of the interview day for VA.

I understand that you have to smile etc etc but really it was the details of how the day goes etc that I am hoping someone can tell me.

I am very lucky to have been offered a interview and it would give me alot more confidenace if I knew before hand what to expect.

Thanks for your help,

747 boy

linzikc
5th Oct 2005, 14:21
747 Boy!
Apparently the VA interviews are very relaxed & fun, the assessors are very friendly. Make sure you are very smiley and immaculately presented!!

I haven't actually had an interview with VA but i've been told that you arrive and are given a speech about Virgin Atlantic etc,.. then you are split into groups for a group task, where the asessors watch how you perform.

Then the assesors go away and discuss the applicants, they then invite some into a 2-1 interview, but at this point some are sent home and told they have been unsuccessful. The 2-1 interview, is an interview with 2 assessors asking q's like 'why do you want to work for Virgin??' etc etc.....

Sorry I can't provide more info, i'm sure someone else can......

Good Luck!

Linz :)

Virgin Boi
5th Oct 2005, 17:00
The above post is spot on!

Plus there is a short maths test and a short English test. (Both are very basic).

Best tips for you are smile constantly and present yourself immaculately.

Good luck, see you online!

xx

tia1
5th Oct 2005, 17:27
I've been told there is no maths test anymore.

KTPops
5th Oct 2005, 18:07
A friend of mine recently went for an interview and the maths test has been phased out.

747 Boy
6th Oct 2005, 15:13
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for all the very kind advice that you have given more for my VA interview, I am going away to tone up my face muscles for all the smiling I will be doing.

Thanks again

747 boy

qflhr
18th Oct 2005, 15:01
Does anyone have any updates on the current interviews being held?

Type of group exercises? Questions asked etc...?

Maths test yes or no? Someone here must know!!

danflybe
22nd Oct 2005, 12:10
The maths test has been phased out.

Day goes something like:

- Company Presentation
- Candiates Introductions
- Read information out loud
- Answer the question why you want to work for VS
- Group teamwork task

If successful:

- Memory test (read an article then answer q's on it)

Hope this helps!
:D

striparella
28th Oct 2005, 23:18
I liken the interview to Pop Idol - there are two rounds.

In the first round it's the interviewers telling you about the company, the job role etc etc then a general get to know you and then group activities, where, like any group activity, you are being judged not on the outcome but how you work well in a team environment.

Then it's go and have a coffee and get all nervous before they call your names and split you into two groups (the Pop Idol bit) and you'll either be told get your coat or congrats you're through to the one-to-one (or is it two-to-one now) where you'll have your chance to shine like the Virgin star you are.

Just keep smiling and thinking about customer service.

Good luck!