PDA

View Full Version : Cabin crew Training speak

philip2004uk
5th Oct 2005, 13:12
Hi i want to be cabin crew but would someone be able to tell me exactly what happens in training in terms of having to speak for example i was watching a united airlines training session and it was unfasten your seatbelts and get out said 4 times.
I would probably get emabarassed, although i'm good at talking to people and chat to public everyday, shouting isnt as natural obviously in a real situation it is.

EurofleetLHR
5th Oct 2005, 15:37
Every airline tends to have it's own announcements. Most insist that it has to be word perfect when shouting commands.

I was trained for BA crew this year, and the evacuation drills were carried out during the 3rd & 4th weeks of the course.

The trainers will show & tell you exactly what to say and do, and give you plenty of practice runs at it, before the final assessment - which must be word perfect, or they could fail you.

Everyone feels apprehensive about it - but you will be with your training group for the whole time - we were never mixed with other classes.

The first time you do the drill, it feels strange - but by the end of the dummy runs, you will be able to do the drill correctly in your sleep !!!!

If you have no fears of speaking to the public, you will have no problems in doing the course.

qflhr
5th Oct 2005, 16:00
Don't worry Philip, I hate public speaking but have worked for a few airlines as crew and so been through a few different training programs.

The trainers always make it as easy as possible and you have lots of chances during training to get things right.

If you don't shout the commands loud enought the trainers just encourage you to raise the volume and it soon comes naturally.

You will be fine. Good luck.

philip2004uk
6th Oct 2005, 08:17
Thanks everyone:O

OZcabincrew
6th Oct 2005, 16:17
exactly, you will be yelling and shouting on so many occassions during training it will just become very normal and plus you will form a good friendship with people in your groundschool so you won't be embarrassed after a while, everyone has to do it, you're not the only one so there's nothing to worry about!