PDA

View Full Version : WHERE CAN A FRESH GRADUATE with CPL/IR with Frozen ATPL GO AND DO

VMK
5th Oct 2005, 08:10
Just wondering...thats all. . anybody have any idea..any vacancies in the flying club...or layang layang air in sabah?? as long as ona can fly and earn money.

Sonic Zepplin
5th Oct 2005, 11:22
WHERE CAN A FRESH GRADUATE with CPL/IR with Frozen ATPL GO AND DO

THATS EASY!!!!!!

Continue on to Graduate school become a doctor, lawyer or computer engineer, make more money live a better life.

Flying is a good living when compared to the bottom of any service industry, but when compare to the middle or the top of any profession your at the bottom.

Good Luck and listen to my advice.

You will thank me later

Terryble
5th Oct 2005, 11:37
how much money can a pilot actually earn if he is at the top of his profession compared to other professions like doctor, lawyer or computer engineer?

freaktrimmer
5th Oct 2005, 12:03
well sonic ..
u have probably given ur honest opinion, but if cadet pilots from a certain asian airline read ur post, 90% of them will leave for the better money and forget about flying completely !
not your fault, coz they were not into it for the love of flying in the first place,
cheers,

FT

I love to Cum Kuat
5th Oct 2005, 12:23
"Continue on to Graduate school become a doctor, lawyer or computer engineer, make more money live a better life"..SZ

Really. Basically all we need to live a better life is to make more money, that's it? Just money. Oh,. okay.

That's a very short sighted and unthoughtful sentence SZ. I would have thought that there would more to life than chasing money around, and how much is enough for a person do you think? Theoretically, if I can sell my farse and make more money than the professions you mentioned, would I then be better off?

VMK, if your happiness is found in flying and you know that it is your calling, then never give it up. Opportunities in the flying game is limitless. You can fly with MAS, SQ,EMIRATES,CATHAY,DRAGON AIR,QATAR,ETIHAD,CHINA AIR,KOREAN becoming not only line pilots but Training/Check and Training Captains, Chief Pilots, Accident Investigators, DCA, CAA approved reps.,Contributing to the pilots union/association, Go to Uni, and specialize in Aviation related matters ,,,,just so much more to it..

It is not up to your employer to make you rich, rather it really is up to you. Live well, put money aside, read up and invest wisely.

I dont think anyone here in this forum will actually advertise where the job is considering flying jobs are very scarce. Therefore you just have to do the hard yards, keep writing, calling and even try to visit your probable place of employment and see or speak to somebody. Be persistent about it and keep at it. Keep knocking and a door will open up eventually. It'll be hard at first but keep networking and you'll get there.

Sonic Zepplin
5th Oct 2005, 20:02
I started flying 22 years ago and have always enjoyed flying planes, still do.

But, the profession has steadily gone down hill, and will likely continue to do so.

It has been a great ride, Seen many places, turned tones of fuel into sound and distance, but as I look at my progression, my financial well being, the commitment required is no longer worth the return.

When I started someone told me the same thing, but I had the look in my eye and was determined.

Always listen to your elders, they know things youth does not.

I love to Cum Kuat
5th Oct 2005, 21:04
Well, sad for you that things are going down hill and you gauge your life through monetary gains only.

I too have been flying for a while, 19yrs, not as long as you have. I do have a myriad of other life giving, life enhancing sources of wealth and happiness and flying is just great! Looking forward to more of it. New type endorsement in the near future and new destinations. Wonderful.

The fact that you are poor, maybe because you have overspent, lived beyond your means and haven't invested in real estates, shares, or started a business and the very sad thing is you are poorest in the mind. Like I said earlier, it is not our employers job to make us wealthy. We are given some money and it is up to us what we do with it. If someone gives you a car, where you go is entirely up to you. If you sit on it, then you'll never get anywhere and only have yourself to blame. It is always easy to blame someone else, that way it takes the heat off.

"Always listen to your elders, they know things youth does not". I would personally take that with a grain of salt. Like wise can be said. I learn quite a few things from my kids and FOs..

There is a lot to be gained from flying but you just have to realise that it is only a part of life. There are more parts to it. You just have to fill it up with great stuff, open up your mind, thats the key.

VMK, self assess what you really want out of life, read lots and get plenty of advice, which can be very confusing!!!! Sift through them and live rich in every way possible, ie; Heart, Mind, Soul and in the way your bottom-line numbers read. Live it and make it true.

Have courage to make it true!!!!!!

Medwin
5th Oct 2005, 21:38
This thread is really going off the topic.

To answer the author's question;

With a CPL w/ IR you can ;
1. fly skydivers
2. banner tow
3. flight instruct
4. traffic watch
5. pipeline watch
6. spray fertilizer