View Full Version : Its a matter of CV!

benluckes
4th Oct 2005, 22:16
Evening!

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on pilot CV writing or if not then point me in the direction of someone or somewhere that can!?
What are your views on wether to scan a photo and place onto CV?
Does the outlay have to conform to the very traditional type or can a bit of artistic flair and design be used to get it noticed over others?
Would be interested to hear your views on this important subject for us all?!
Thanks Guys :O

EGCC4284
4th Oct 2005, 22:49
benluckes

The is a guy called Peter Smith that runs a Pilot Interview Techniques Training course
and he also does CV's

He has a good reputation for good results and get lots of feed back on what was asked at interviews from previous customers after attending his course.

Send him an e-mail and I know he will get in touch with you

His web site is

http://www.pittraining.co.uk/

Piltdown Man
5th Oct 2005, 09:33
If the organisation concerned have a bunch of idiots called Human Resources, they will almost certainly want you to complete their forms - so it doesn't matter for them, just ask for the form. If applying to a smaller company, get it on one page of A4. Licence, Age, Total hours, Time on largest aircraft and lump "bug smashing" all together (I've never heard of anybody analysing C152, C172, PA28 etc. - they couldn't be bothered!). Then something that they will find interesting about you - your other skills and attributes (like you own a local pub and have regular lock-ins!). Don't forget to put on your telephone number and availability.

scroggs
5th Oct 2005, 11:36
On the Wannabes - Professional Pilot Training forum next door, you will find this sticky thread at the top: Archive Reference Threads - READ BEFORE YOU POST A QUESTION! (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131649)

Open it. Read it. Towards the bottom, you will find links to a number of threads about CVs. They will help you.

Scroggs