PDA

View Full Version : CHC Global Low mins?

r22captain
4th Oct 2005, 18:39
Anyone heard a rumour that Global may take on some lowtimers.
Had a friend who got on who said he heard this from GL.....I just don't want to call and look like a complete doorknob:ok: :8

Cdn driver
4th Oct 2005, 19:21
Global is extremely short.

Alot of head hunting for high time guys going on, unfortunately for Global there are very few pilots to be had right now.

You may see the wages take a small jump up here in the next quarter or two. Aircraft CAN NOT be parked for lack of driver.

As for calling GL, grab the phone r22, he can only say "sorry, we have nothing",
better then hearing him say "sorry, you should have called earlier"
:( ;)

r22captain
5th Oct 2005, 14:53
Good point.......now where's that phone number......:}

helicopter-redeye
6th Oct 2005, 21:32
Rumour from Tuesday PM (GMT) is that they do not like Australian licenses anymore ....

VTA
6th Oct 2005, 22:00
Must be the extream shrinkage the Aussie pilots experience when they come over to Canada in the winter. You need a LOT to start with to handle -20....No more willy warmers available :E :E

helicopter-redeye
7th Oct 2005, 13:09
Why would that be? (Lucky I’ve also got a Fijian ATPL-H)

Dunno, but I was sitting in the JAA exams on Tuesday with an Oz badged ATPLH-IR working for CHC who was being shipped to Canadia to get a Canadian L due '...problems with the Oz license..'

Like I said, rumour has it.

h-r:)

Cdn driver
7th Oct 2005, 16:16
Being this is the rumor network...

They are/will be loosing at least a couple of there 61 drivers in the upcomming weeks. It appears as if the competition has decided to increase salaries in a attempt to attract talent. And it is working, someone should tell GL maybe BC and CB will follow suit, but I doubt it.

Rumor? Time will tell, watch two HOT bases in the near future.