PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY99 VIRUS

PVR
27th Oct 1999, 01:29
I have just been infected by this virus from the US, it attaches itself to outgoing emails without your knowledge, on arrival at the far end it is a file attachment. It has eaten away my email and internet so far, if you see it on any emails delete it, it beat my Norton Anti Virus, I am using Mcafee to destroy it overnight.......If this is my last post it didn't work!!!!!!

Pete O'Tewbe
30th Oct 1999, 13:30
PVR

As you have subsequently contributed posts to other threads, can we assume you were successful in curing your virus? Did McAfee do the job?

------------------
Never Pass Gas.....

PVR
31st Oct 1999, 12:39
Yes it did, although it wasn't 100% I was sent a 'happ99 virus remover' by the same person who unintentionally sent me the problem.
Mcafee I got online for $29.95 and I am now up to date, my Norton was 18 months old, good lesson there for anyone who relies on their computer. I am also buying a CD re-recorder to back up weekly, if you think it's expensive then try watching your hard drive being munched away in front of your eyes!

TipCap
2nd Nov 1999, 02:58
PVR
If you are still having problems with Happy99 (It's been going for nearly a year now), I can link you to a site where you can guarantee getting rid of it

PVR
2nd Nov 1999, 11:34
Thanks Tip Cap, I believe it's a gonna now, if it does reappear I will give you a call.
Who are the t*ats who write them?