PDA

View Full Version : ground jobs

Capt Holland
4th Oct 2005, 15:58
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to find a job on the ground at heathrow or gatwick as a ramp agent, baggage handler, dispatcher, ops or anything i can get really. So far i have not had much luck and was wondering if anyone knew of any current vacancies or websites that could help me. I have already tried flightinternationaljobs.co.uk and aviationjobsearch.com.

Regards

Capt Holland

Dan761
4th Oct 2005, 18:15
Capt Holland

Good idea to get work on the ramp. However, i wouldn't suggest baggage handler / fueller etc, as you wouldn't really get that much exposure to flight deck. You really need to be a dispatcher for that. I don't see that many job ads for them, so i would suggest you try contacting ground handling agents directly. However, some may have a policy of recruiting from within, so you may have to start as Pax handling or baggage in that case. Hope thats of some help and good luck.

Ullevi
4th Oct 2005, 19:09
www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk

In the "location" part type heathrow and you should get plenty baggage handler jobs.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
5th Oct 2005, 07:07
Check out BMI's website, they are always looking for CSA's. Maybe a stepping stone for a dispatchers job.