PDA

View Full Version : Helicopters in the Luxury Yachting Industry

Nigel Watson
23rd Oct 1999, 10:02
This is a developing niche of the helicopter and luxury yachting industries.

We would benefit from experiences and views of pilots and technicians who have offshore experience in small/medium helicopters, perhaps in the tuna boat industry or specifically the luxury yachting industries.

We are also always looking for super helicopter charter operators to service the demands of the yacht industry on a world wide basis.

If you want to find out more about this industry please take a look at the october issue of Helicopter world 1999 or check out my web site. www.heliriviera.com (http://www.heliriviera.com)

MBJ
25th Oct 1999, 12:37
Hi Nigel, as an ex Wasp driver I don't think I qualify on the luxury yacht criterion but 3000 tons of Navy steel made a better platform than some of the dinky little yachts I've seen around the Caribbean and Med!

I'm definitely in the market for some freelance flying offshore (B206/350/355 but only UK licence)

When I was Ops Director at Aeromega we used to do the maintenance for a boat-based 206 in the Med and I'm sure they'd be keen to look after some more. They also have an engineer based on St Kitts.

Nigel Watson
25th Oct 1999, 13:38
Thank you for the post.

Some of these yachts are small, you are right so the flying has to be very precise.

However they also go to the size of Lady Moura 114 metres and well into Frigate proportions. She operates an S76.

I would be interested in getting in touch with the St. Kitts based people as we are moving into the Caribbean season for luxury yacht cruising and I service charter demand through a data base that would always welcome new members.

I will drop you a separate e-mail on flight opportunities.

Nigel

sturla skoglund
3rd Nov 1999, 23:49
Hello Nigel
Have some 6000 plus , PIC hcp 3400,3000 B212
PIC, 900 offshore(north sea)
FAA ATP/IR unrestricted,first cl.med
Your business seems interesting

brgds [email protected]

------------------