PDA

View Full Version : Flybe Cabin Crew?

J32/41
4th Oct 2005, 09:26
Hello I have recently seen an advert for cabin crew and was wondering if anyone could give any advice on Flybe, ie working conditions, pay for entry and senior cabin crew positions.

Ant other help would be great.
Thanks

KTPops
5th Oct 2005, 18:20
Where are you hoping to be based?

I was Southampton based for BE for almost 2 yrs and LOVED it!

PM me if you have any specific questions.

KTP xx

danflybe
9th Oct 2005, 22:30
Hi I'm Flybe crew based at Exeter. Any q's please pm me! :O

DELTABOY
23rd Oct 2005, 10:42
I'm also thinking of applying to flybe for their Exeter base. Do they welcome people with previous flying experience in their late 30's? Are they Steward friendly?
Any info on the pay & promotional prospects would be interesting to know. I'm idealy looking for a short haul outfit where your home everynight & not being shunted about the UK on tour. What are they like to work for & is Exeter a friendly base to be?
Many thanks for any feedback!
:ok:

Trislander
23rd Oct 2005, 22:13
Hiya,

Been at BE for nearly 3 yrs. U work hard but the people you'll work with are fantastic people both cabin and flightdeck. Very few of the old 'Wagon Dragons' and no 'flightdeck are more important than cabin crew' attitude.

Typical day: 2-6 sectors, 6-10 hours duty period. very varied, ie one day off to Malaga, Guernsey the nxt. Avg take home CA1- £1000-1400/mo, CA3- £900-1200/mo. Not often nightstopping these days so home every night 95% of time. A/c: most of the fleet made up of Bombardier Q400, BAe 146-200 & -300, with 3 Boeing 737-300 & -700 on lease, Embraer E-195 on it's way from nxt Aug to replace 146.

Very steward-friendly and age is nothing, youngest 19, oldest i know 55-60.
Wanna know anything else just ask.

btw, Since u asked, there are exciting bases than EXT he he! :\ :} but go for it, they got the 737 there anyway!

DELTABOY
24th Oct 2005, 10:24
Hey Trislander, thanks very much for the info. It all sounds very positive so i'll give it a go & send off my CV & photo this week!
I'm sure there are more exciting bases other than EXE plus its the home base which can mean having the management breathing down your neck, but Devon is where I will be moving to at the end of the year so not much choice really. Out of interest whats the interview format like these days & are there any tips you suggest? Thanks again:ok:

Trislander
24th Oct 2005, 10:57
D-BOY

No problem. Maybe some of the newer guys can give u a better idea of the interview procedure but if it hasn't changed in the last 3 yrs then you'll be invited to a interview day comprising a morning of group-tasks such as management scenarios and discussions on current affairs. Tip of the week: just remember, be involved the the discussions but let everyone have their say! Probably then a break for lunch (you'll have to buy your own :( ) then back for individual interviews afterwards. usually 2 interviewers to 1 interviewee, standard interview kinda questions.

Hope this helps mate, good luck. :ok:

DELTABOY
24th Oct 2005, 17:20
Thanks Trislander, will let you know how things go. Oh how I hate those cheesy senario things at interviews!! :\

danflybe
24th Oct 2005, 17:35
Hey!

You hit the interview process on the head there Trislander! I was interviewed in May and the process was exactly the same as already mentioned!

From EXT you will work on the Dash and 146. All 737 courses have stopped for the minute. And apparantly the 146 is leaving us next month too and will be replaced by another Dash. :(

The crew in EXT are really friendly (even the dragons!!) and its a really nice place to work. I understand the career prospects are good and if your looking for promotion it is very acheivable.

You can be nightstopped regularly - but there is an abundance of crew who request these to bump up the pay at the end of the month. Most common places we get stopped in from EXT are GCI, JER, BHX and SOU.

Hope this helps - any other q's just ask!!

PS - Trislander, what base are you?? EXT is good fun - but not as fun as some of the others!!;):D

Maude Charlee
25th Oct 2005, 11:18
Go on then, spill. Where are the most 'fun' bases?

Trislander
25th Oct 2005, 15:37
Well I'm in SOU, so a little biased, but also GCI, EDI, GLA and BHD are good socially from what I've experienced! (LGW and NCL too in their day :( )

Know what u mean bout the scenario's!:ugh:

T:ok:

Miss Indie Skreet
26th Oct 2005, 15:49
What makes a base 'fun'? Feel free to change the names to protect the innocent. ;)

DELTABOY
27th Oct 2005, 17:02
Well the CV & dodgy looking photo are in the post so fingers crossed! By the way is it true BE are getting all these new aircraft? I heard more B-737 are on the way up to 12 in the fleet eventually mainly for BHX plus more Dash Q400 & up to 26 Embraer 195 (including all the options) If this is true then BE really are expanding at an incredible rate. Out of interest whats the crew ratio on these aircraft & whats it like working on the Dash, I take it that the flightdeck on the B-737 are AEU with BE cabin crew all working to AEU SOP's. Sorry for asking all these questions but i'm really interested!..... i'll just get me anorak :8 ;)

Trislander
27th Oct 2005, 20:39
Hello again!

No probs mate, fire away!

Certainly no word in the company about the 737 rumour, but the Dash and Embraer news is for real. I think the 737's are only on a short-term lease, just to last us til the 1st E-195 arrives next August, then they'll be replaced one by one. When they run out of 737's to replace they'll start on the 146's. (yay!) Some of our 146's are over 20 years old!

You're right about the AEU FD/BE CC set up.

Working on the dash is fine. Much nicer than the 146 IMHO. Clean, bright and airey.

Crew: Q400 - 2, 146 - 3. Never more/less than 2 on dash and the 146-200 can be operated 2 crew but 99% of the time it's not.

Any more Q's?!

Miss Indie,

as your 'From:' bit says, That would be telling.....! ;)

DELTABOY
28th Oct 2005, 10:00
Thanks for info Trislander, the E-195's look a smart bit of kit, rather more execjet! :cool:
Happy landings up in Eastleigh International!:ok:

KTPops
28th Oct 2005, 20:27
Tri -

Are things still as "fun" as I remember??!!

Or have things calmed down a bit now the old culprits have left?

Ah happy memories of Margeritas....;) :O :=

DELTABOY
29th Oct 2005, 12:09
Just wanted to ask 'danflybe' what the rosters are like at EXT. Is it 5 on 2 off? how many s/by duties on average & the likelihood of getting called out on these. I understand the company provides trainee cabin crew with free accommodation if required, do you know where this is & also how long the training course is?
Thanks for any info!;)

Trislander
29th Oct 2005, 17:06
KT,

Hello darlin! Yeah things still a laugh down at Eastleigh Aerodrome but miss u lots hun :sad:

Margheritas... how many times have I fallen down the stairs in that place!?!? :ouch::ugh::oh:

T:ok:

Rachie
29th Oct 2005, 19:27
Possibly a silly question but do FlyBe have a base a NCL?

I always thought they did but I've since been told that they don't :(

I'd actually move back to the north east if they did!

Maude Charlee
30th Oct 2005, 16:13
Nope, no base at NCL. It closed around May last year, but who knows, with all this expansion it may well re-open at some point in the future.

DELTABOY
1st Nov 2005, 20:55
Well it doesn't look as if 'Danflybe' is around at the moment to give advice on the rostering at EXT. If anyone else can give me any info it would be much appreciated. ;)

Trislander
2nd Nov 2005, 22:02
Hello again!

How u doin?

I'm not fully aware of the new season's roster pattern for EXT, but here in SOU it's mainly 5/2/6/3, 4/1/3/2, etc. Many days are standby or short days this month but all will change with the new routes in December no doubt.

Sorry I can't really be more specific about EXT mate.

ATB, T:ok:

DELTABOY
3rd Nov 2005, 10:20
Thanks Trislander!:ok:

minxair
5th Nov 2005, 18:58
If i was you try other airlines, flybe will put you off flying for life. You will never get the right commission, pay is not that good unless you are nightstoping for most of the month. You always get messed around with your rosters.