PDA

View Full Version : Imfo on Instructor Ratings

Mr Porter
4th Oct 2005, 09:08
Hey there guys!

Ive been in charter for a while now and want to head back to the city to do my instructors rating. Just wanted a bit of imformation about it all from other instructors out there

1. How long generally to complete the coarse.

2. How much on average to complete the coarse

and im sure with my third question there will be plenty of variation

3. Whats the junior grade 3 going rate these days for payment? And senior grade 3, grade 2 and grade 1 please

4. What are the award rates for grade 2 and 3 instructors

Thanks in advance

PP

Bang Bus
4th Oct 2005, 10:02
Porter,
Check your PM's

Capt. On Heat
4th Oct 2005, 10:40
Must have been out of the city for a while. It's a course, the other is what the CSU does! Sorry couldn't help myself.

Woomera
4th Oct 2005, 12:39
Whats the junior grade 3 going rate these days for payment? And senior grade 3, grade 2 and grade 1 please

:E

Been out of the city ........ or out of the country!

Some operators let you work for free, others require you to contribute to the cost of coffee and sugar.

Sorry Mr Porter ........ couldn't help myself....... Naughty Woomera! Now I'll have to thread ban myself I guess!

Woomera

P.S. There are some good operators out there but you'll need to look around. Don't take less than the Award. (http://www.wagenet.gov.au/WageNet/Search/View.asp?doccode=AW792332&doctype=AW&quickview=Y) I'm not up with current Grade 3 courses but suspect it would now be at least $10,000 for a good, reputable course.

Fiesty Ferret
6th Oct 2005, 23:44
Oh my. Why do you want to be an instructor would be my first question? They get paid squat and work damn hard for littel or no thanks or reward.
What was that I heard about the Award for Instructors????
I would seek professional medical advice if I were you rather than pursue a career course in Instructing.
FF

wateroff
7th Oct 2005, 03:41
Mmmmm, don't quite agree.

I recently left the game with a stack of hours including twin/ifr charter and training approvals and everthing in between, on the award @49K/y.(started casual on 1K pw) Flew some very lovely ladies in some very confined a/c. Flew some very fine machineryand sorties, most fun a T28, don't get me wrong it is a hard slog initially but the rewards are great if ou want them to be. You have to look at it as an investment, not a stepping stone. Those stone steppers seem to always have the "S**T" students. Let me tell you - it was never the students.

If you decide yes - go for it 100% - your conduct could possibly affect their career.

If you decide no -don't. There are too many hour buliding, clock watching, bad eggs out there regularly complaining about "S**T" student's, conditions and pay. Newsflash - Gold bars and a certificate don't make you an intstructor.

It did me well, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Bad Eggs - STOP IT