PDA

View Full Version : Charging Civvies??

truckiebloke
4th Oct 2005, 07:51
just a thought but.....

in iraq the in theatre hercs are constantly shuttling civilian contractors, mainly american from place to place...

with these guys earning stupid money and their employers on mega paid contracts, why dont we charge the companies???

seems very logical to me, seeing as the crews are risking not only their lives, but also 40 million pounds of aeroplane to shuttle these guys about??!

PPRuNeUser0211
4th Oct 2005, 07:58
lol, unlikely to happen, I reckon! They'd say something like "it's all for charity, mate"!

Pierre Argh
4th Oct 2005, 08:02
You make a point but suggest, possibly, the "mega contracts" you mention might stipulate transport to/from/around?

truckiebloke
4th Oct 2005, 08:04
well, not sure on that one - but i dont think so...

the civvies randomly turn up and wait for the next transport aircraft - and i seriously doubt the british government would be involved in the contract procedure/details.....

after all, our current AT fleet isnt the most reliable is it???!!

The Helpful Stacker
4th Oct 2005, 08:24
Well I know that KBR employees are entitled to inter-theatre and BZN-BAS/BAS-BZN flights as part of the contract set-up with the MoD, perhaps its the same for other contractors.

They are the lowest priority on flights though, being the first bumped if there are any problems.

MostlyHarmless
4th Oct 2005, 08:38
Aw, this topic's not nearly as interesting as the subject suggests... :E