PDA

View Full Version : Non flying jobs

Vulture
19th Oct 1999, 19:21
Helicopter instructor with an ATPL(H)(i), frozen ATPL(A) IR. Just been grounded for a minor balance problem I am looking for a job in aviation; in training, crewing, ops, flight safety etc.

I would be grateful for any hints, tips, contacts or advice on the job/future career front. Thanks

[This message has been edited by Vulture (edited 04 November 1999).]

PVR
20th Oct 1999, 00:09
Hi Vulture, no joy on GLONG's where-a-bouts yet, i've been out of the frame for a while.

As for ops jobs are you looking long term or short? If the former, is south east England any good? Pay 24K plus car.

Vulture
20th Oct 1999, 11:34
PVR thanks. I hadn't forgotten about GLONG. I'm looking for something long term and almost anywhere in the south of England would be fine. What did you have in mind?

MightyGem
22nd Oct 1999, 08:12
Hi Vulture, are you KE ex Wattisham?

Fom:
DB ex wheelie bin.

[This message has been edited by MightyGem (edited 22 October 1999).]

Vulture
22nd Oct 1999, 11:07
Indeed! How's life way up there in the frozen North? Do you still TA @ Watt'm?

MightyGem
23rd Oct 1999, 08:06
Vulture- life's fine thanks. Yes I was back at Wattisham for 12 days this month. no flying unfortunately!!DS has just got himself a job on the 412 sim at Shawbury. Sorry to hear about your grounding - don't spend that lump sum all in one go! All the best in the job search.

Dave.

Vulture
23rd Oct 1999, 17:11
Mighty Gem. Do you have a contact No for Winky? I called DS last week but he was playing my game and was not there. I'm glad he's got a job which doesn't rely on his flying cat as that seemed a bit uncertain.

Good to hear from you again. If you get any other buzzes drop me a line at [email protected]

Cheers K.

Vulture
25th Oct 1999, 13:24
Does anyone have any news of Graham Long?

[This message has been edited by Vulture (edited 04 November 1999).]

Pete O'Tewbe
27th Oct 1999, 21:00
Vulch

If you are who I think you are (KE fm Detmold?), I am sure that GKN Westlands/ATIL will be looking for sim instructors for the FMS at MW. I believe Nick Ball is down there.

Anyway, best of luck

AD - Second Hand Car Salesman

By the way, following the American trend of naming helicopters after famous Indians, the WAH64 will henceforth be known as the Westland Patel.

[This message has been edited by Pete O'Tewbe (edited 27 October 1999).]

Vulture
28th Oct 1999, 02:26
Pete O. You have me in one. I can't quite place you yet (Detters was a long time ago) but your interests as listed in your profile ring a bell. How about another clue?

Thanks for the tip re GKN Westland and ATIL. I am persuing those at the mo. I think MW slots are all taken though. Who knows, I might end up back at jolly old Wattisham one day.

MightyGem
30th Oct 1999, 08:45
onehunglow(shouldn't you see a doc about that?), you're right about there being not a lot of flying at Wattisham. Can't confirm the Gazelle problem though, but lots of people are uncurrent.

Vulture, Winky's got a job with us(McAlpine) as a floater on the Police side. Try McAlpine Ops on 0181 848 9647.

[This message has been edited by MightyGem (edited 30 October 1999).]

Ack2Main
31st Oct 1999, 14:42
My My this link has turned out to be a meeting place

DB

Vulture
2nd Nov 1999, 00:32
Maybe there is scope for an AAC old boys forum? What say you all?

MGem. Thanks for info.

PVR
2nd Nov 1999, 11:36
[This message has been edited by PVR (edited 18 January 2000).]

Flashman
4th Nov 1999, 01:45
Thumbs up for an ex-AAC (or military) board.
RC
ex Detters, Soest, etc, etc

Vulture
4th Nov 1999, 23:27
Pete O'tube. I have you! It's been playing on my mind for some days now but I feel confident I know who you are. Why are you not on the Fixed Wing forums anyway? Where are you now? When is the next reunion? Do get in touch my old chum. K

Pete O'Tewbe
5th Nov 1999, 01:33
Hello again Vulture

I am on the plank forums (or is it fora?). Anyway, GFT done, part-way through the IR, become normal in Feb 00. Still at the place not unadjacent to the Five Bells. Email to fol.

------------------
Never Pass Gas.....

PurplePitot
2nd Dec 1999, 09:31
Hi Vulture old boy!!! I have been trying to catch up with you for a while now. Sorry to hear about the balance bit. Give me a call at work. I am bound to be there (Lots of sitting around in a hurried stance, that sort of thing!)

What an interesting thread!!!! I reckon we should start an ex AAC group and then try and guess who we are all talking to........

PS - I last saw GLONG at Ascot about two years ago flying some lord around in a gazelle.

Vulture
2nd Dec 1999, 23:23
Well hello there old buddy. What a useful thread this has turned out to be. I managed to get a contractors job at GKN Westland but ATIL are full for the MW sim now. You have to be over 55 (or look it) to have nipped in there.

I am still touting for a real job but no bites yet. I remain quietly optimistic.

How is the civ Police pilot market at the mo? Just wondering in case I get my cat back.

I'll drop you a line by e.

Happy Christmas to all y'old Mil chaps.

vrb beefer
5th Dec 1999, 03:04
Vulture. Have you tried the new RAF sim' at Benson? They were advertising in 'Flight' for ex-mil QHIs last week.

No marching or excessive exercise of course, but I'm sure you'd get used to the easy life!