PDA

View Full Version : QF Cadetship 2006

zendj
4th Oct 2005, 02:47
Has anyone been through stage 2 of the QF Cadetship selection process yet?

Anyone got through to stage 3?

Anyone not heard anything yet?

:8

azzmang
7th Oct 2005, 13:52
Yeah i got contacted today to say that i made it through to Stage 3 (Medical and Panel Interview)

They seem to be processing the Apps very fast. A credit to QF.

Good Luck to all those that have aplied

OZcabincrew
7th Oct 2005, 16:01
Hi!

Just a tip to the guys/girls that get through from one of your soon to be colleagues on the other side of the flight deck door. Don't let the position go to your head like some Second Officers do and also, after crew rest, tidy it up yourself! At the end of the day the crew are there service wise for the passengers and not the techies. As much as we don't mind looking after you guys, a lot of QF techies abuse it and are extremely rude for no reason! Just remember, we're the ones that get to prepare your food! haha :yuk:

No, in all seriousness, good luck to those who get through, but just have a bit of respect for the cabin crew aswell, we also have a job to do. Another tip that i found quite alarming in CRM training, take the time to get a rough idea about what the cabin crew do from the time they get onboard to the time they get off and also what they do and how they will be reacting to different situations as during recent training the pilots also involved in the training had absolutely no idea, something of which 99% of cabin crew will find very offensive, its not all tea and coffee.

Good luck and i hope you all hear soon!

Oz

GT-R
7th Oct 2005, 23:23
Okay OZCabinCrew clueball maybe you should look at what these guys have to do for the next few years first.

They really don't give a toss about you right now.

Capt Stabbin
8th Oct 2005, 00:14
OZcabincrew,

As an S/O I must have heard comments like "Oh enjoy your six hours off" or "Off to bed again are we?" at least 100 times. The best response was of course "Thanks, I will enjoy it, and if you want six hours off go and get your pilots licence." I learnt very early on not to interrupt any magazine reading or bitching in the galley unless I wanted to be treated with utter contempt.

Captain Can't
8th Oct 2005, 01:44
crew are there service wise for the passengers and not the techies. As much as we don't mind looking after you guys, a lot of QF techies abuse it and are extremely rude for no reason! Just remember, we're the ones that get to prepare your food!

:rolleyes:

Transition Layer
8th Oct 2005, 02:13
also, after crew rest, tidy it up yourself!

Didn't know that cabin crew cared so much about the state of the aft crew rest. Like others, I tidy it up for the sake of the other S/O who has to spend time in there after me, not for any other reason?

TL

paul56
8th Oct 2005, 07:43
Congrats on getting through azzmag! Good luck with the interview.

I've got the stage two testing lined up for late November.

I'd be grateful if you could provide some up to date info on the process. I've looked through all the stuff on pprune multiple times, but any up to date info would be much appreciated.

Were there any tips you were given before hand that you found particularly useful. Any methods of preparation that you could recommend? Names of books etc?

I've heard that the diagramatic reasoning tests have been unpredictable in the past as to whether you get the "command type" questions or the series ("what comes next") type questions. Out of interest which questions did you face?

Any info/tips you could offer on the skills part of the testing would also be helpful.

Thanks for your help and good luck with your interview!

Paul

BankAngle50
8th Oct 2005, 10:11
Do SO's need a pilot licence? I thought you would only need a radio licence and how to say "Position!" No flying other than CRZ.
Five years of that==Boooooorrring! But i guess its they way of the future now. Good luck trying to fly an NG in five years time.

Keg
9th Oct 2005, 05:01
...i found quite alarming in CRM training,....as during recent training the pilots also involved in the training had absolutely no idea,

Hmmm. Having seen this years CRM package about forty times since it rolled out in June, I've been very pleased at just how well both sides of the door have understood the priorities of the other aircrew- especially during a non-normal. Sure, you have the occasional techie and/or F/A who is less than great when it comes to understanding each others role but the very significant majority have it pretty much under control.

Still, nothing beats a generalisation! :yuk:

zendj
9th Oct 2005, 08:26
Hey azzmang,

Congratz!

Did you enter as a Level 1 or 2 cadet?

azzamang
9th Oct 2005, 13:11
Yeah thanks for the warning OZcc,
ive been exposed to aviation for quiet along time and am aware of the "captain complex" that does/can exist. However i would have to agree with keg in that "the majority" have it under control. But thats not to take away from your valid view.Personally im of the thinking that if it wasnt for the work of the CC and their tierless efforts then the guys and gals at the front wouldn't have a job.

And Yes GT-R there maybe a high workload ahead of us for the next few years(if successful in the app process) but thats no reason to brush off/forget good CRM, team intergration and common manners

Paul56
Personally i got the Command type, questions but ive heard from other apps that they are still using both types. So no telling what u could get
Just manage ur time (especially in the maths) and you should be fine

zendj
I applied as a Level1, but i have my PPL and 90hrs with a couple of endorsements.

Hopefully i didnt offend anyone (OZCC, GT-R???) if so i a whole heartedly sorry

Anyway My 2cents worth,
Fly Safe,:p