PDA

View Full Version : TCX LGW-AGA Questions

freddieplanecrazy
3rd Oct 2005, 20:37
Hello!
I am flying next year from LGW- AGA on the 24th March and returning on the 31st.

I have a few questions, which I would be very grateful if anyone could answer:
*Will it be an A320 or a 757 (if so which series)?
*What is the seat pitch like in economy?
*Do they offer free drinks?
*Do TCX have a good punctuality record?

Thanks in advance for your help!

FPC

chiglet
3rd Oct 2005, 20:45
Better in "SLF" Forum, methinks
watp,iktch

goldeneye
3rd Oct 2005, 21:07
Aircraft due to be a Boeing 757-200, the 757 and A320 only offer a single class service with a seat pitch of around 28-29" if you can i would sugest booking extra legroom via Thomas Cook Airlines website (www.thomascookairlines.co.uk).
Drinks are available to pay for onboard, but they do provide free glasses of water on request, and tea & coffee is free with meals.

Thomas Cook for the last couple of years have been voted best ontime holiday airline by Which magazine.

Localiser Green
3rd Oct 2005, 22:16
Punctuality slipped quite significantly for all charter airlines in summer 2004 (from previous summers), but TCX still hung on to 2nd position overall (Britannia / Thomsonfly were 1st).

Notably TCX dropped to 3rd position behind Britannia and First Choice in the recent winter 2004 / 2005 season (your flight is officially in the winter season).

See www.flightontime.info (http://www.flightontime.info) under "Charter Airlines". Watch out on that site around Jan 2006 when the Summer '05 results are published.