PDA

View Full Version : Lyneham Pass Office - User friendly Not!!

adrian mole
3rd Oct 2005, 10:34
After four visits in six months to the Pass Office at Lyneham to register my car I think I will now give up. Every time it is closed due to staff sickness, holidays, computer updating or just shut! When it is open the woman on the desk is as helpful as a Traffic Warden.

The uniformed civilians on the Temporary Pass side are just as unhelpful I don't think the Stn Master must be aware of how bad an introduction to Lynheam these peope portray and presume the O i/c Police doesn't care!

I also feel sorry for any guy stood there in uniform alongside tanker drivers, builders and the like - you would think that just like in a BX a person in uniform would get priority.

Has anyone else out there had to endure the same problems? Comments please....

Echo 5
3rd Oct 2005, 10:44
Adrian,

Perhaps they remember you from your previous life. ;)

Kengineer-130
3rd Oct 2005, 16:04
:confused: Sorry but I change my car more often than most people change thier TV channel, and I never have a problem, the opening hours are posted clearly and the lady behind the desk is actually quite into her cars, so a freindly polite chat is not too hard.
Manners and patience go a long way, so what if you have to wait in a que for 10 mins, its a british tradition :{

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Oct 2005, 16:08
Only problem I ever encoutered was the difficulty of getting Mrs L a pass, She works full time and could never get to Lyneham to get one however the photo system has sorted that out:ok:

Like Keng I have never had a problem and have found the staff to be well mannered and helpful.

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

adrian mole
3rd Oct 2005, 21:25
Echo 5 must be right then - it must be me!

FJJP
3rd Oct 2005, 23:11
Don't complain on here - write a letter to the Chief Plod, copy OC Admin and it should be sorted...

bwfg3
4th Oct 2005, 11:51
You guys should try Coningsby! Ive only got one vehicle registered on the camp so the Mrs needs it if Im going away. So I ask Cgy to issue her a pass so that she can drop me off and pick me up when its required. The civvie lady in Passes informs me this is not possible because we were not married (even though Mrs works at another military establishment in lincs and has ID for there!). The reason given is security, a bit odd as I'm armed with a 1250 and all sorts of rough looking contractors are being waved through as I argued my case. As a footnote I was none to impressed with the posters of half naked men on calenders in the passes office, doesnt make a good impression does it?

Dr Schlong
4th Oct 2005, 12:05
bwfg3

Have you tried getting your missus a Social Pass? Got one for mine before we got hitched and she could get onto our uber-base with no problems! :ok:

dionysius
4th Oct 2005, 12:08
Try Brize Norton, they ignore you if they are having a "chat" with someone else behind the desk !!, the last time I went for a pass I stood in front of the desk for about 8-10 mins before the guy even acknowledged me.

:mad:

Roguedent
4th Oct 2005, 12:14
Dr Schlong,

Look where that pass got you!!, no chance to sneakly get drunk in the mess when you want, unless you want the missus dropping in un-announced. :}

Dionysius,

Haven't you heard, the pass office has now BOLTHOLED to Fairford... thats why they didn't acknowledge you, :ok:

bwfg3
4th Oct 2005, 12:29
DOC,
Thanks mate, but problem was solved by getting married to claim the tax allowances ( DOH!)

Echo 5
4th Oct 2005, 14:21
Adrian,

" the woman on the desk is as helpful as a Traffic Warden."

Just a thought here, perhaps in HER previous life she WAS a Traffic Warden.
:)

adrian mole
4th Oct 2005, 14:26
Echo 5

If she was polite to ABIW she must have been a Traffic Warden as The Customs Lady didn't like him!

Mind you when he does become a civilian he will need a lot more documentation to get a pass including Log Book, MOT, Insurance details, completion of a 6 page Security Questionairre in triplicate etc....

Always_broken_in_wilts
4th Oct 2005, 15:13
Adrain,
Think you must have the wrong guy as Anne and I got on like a house on fire:ok:

Oh bye the way, when I become a civilian, on 12/11/12 I will not need any of your afore mentioned doc's as there is no fe@kin way I will be "chimp like" and want to set foot back on one aunty betty's bases. It's a life in the sun and on the ocean wave for me as PA and the new pension scheme set me up for a nice early retirement:p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

limbangmogul
4th Oct 2005, 18:19
Well I must say I Have had a one or two good and one or two pass experiences down at the entrance shed, the real cause of much annoyance is the one they call ***. The white elfin type fella to whom the devil often calls for advice on being evil. His approach to all in things in life I feel, is to take one bunch of nettled rub all over his eveil little head. Once done he waits until this is really stinging and hurting then goes to find his next victim as the only time I and all colleagues had anything happy to soy about the fella was when we heard he had been sacked. To our disdain he then the next day on one of his more unhappy shifts proved this to be very wrong. I fully agree he alone does make me feel, if he greets you on your first visit to Lyneham first impressions must be belting......

buoy15
5th Oct 2005, 00:45
Good news from the front line

Ice Station Kilo traffic wardens are superb

Join the queue, photo taken, details on the computer, pass printed, out the door in minutes

ISK is in the process of lots of new builds which involves loads of local contractors, suppliers and reps who have to book in to visit.

These guys are used to being messed about because every building site they visit has control and entry, security and a check-in for a H&S brief.

ISK observes the same rules, and is extremely efficient in prosessing visitors compared to the national average.

We also employ gate guards with above average intelligence who recognise these passes and allow entry.

Sorry about that Lyneham, Conningsby and Brize !

BEagle
5th Oct 2005, 07:12
Oi! No complaints about Passes and Permits at the Covert Oxonian Aerodrome - or the gate folk.

But getting a temporary pass from the contract civvies can...........take a little while, shall we say?

I do think though that the entrance road priority is nonsense and it's hardly surprising that it caused a fatal accident to a cyclist.

Gainesy
5th Oct 2005, 08:18
[QUOTE] ISK is in the process of lots of new builds

Thats it then, closing for sure.