PDA

View Full Version : Living in Saudi info needed

LHmain
3rd Oct 2005, 10:00
Hi all,
Was in Saudi for 7 years but 20 years ago. Whats the cost of a decent apartment now. Do Saudia sub let in Saudia city? Are there any western compounds that sub let? Could be in Riyadh or Jeddah, don't know yet.

mutt
3rd Oct 2005, 17:28
Do Saudia sub let in Saudia city?

20 years is a long time..... No sensible person would actually pay to live in Saudia City these days !!!

Renting costs go from 15000 SAR for a 3 bedroom outside compound apartment to around 80000 for a 1 bedroom apartment in Arabian Homes - Sierra. There are hundreds of compounds in the city, so you should be able to find something to suit any budget.

For your sake, I hope you are based in Jeddah.

Cheers

Mutt

4HolerPoler
3rd Oct 2005, 17:42
15,000!!!!!!!!! You cut a good deal! I'm sure Mutt means 150,000 (per year).

Good luck

4HP

mutt
4th Oct 2005, 02:05
Nope, I meant 15,000 SAR per year for an apartment outside a compound!! But that was before the recent Saudi payrise :)

Mutt.

LHmain
4th Oct 2005, 05:24
Thanks for the info so far. Its Riyadh!! So, anyone that can give any info for there, I would be very grateful. I will need an apartment (and a life) and would like to know how much to expect to pay a year so I can understand if the deal I am offered will do the trick or not.:sad:

crazy_max
4th Oct 2005, 23:17
Rehab is a really nasty place......Jeddah is a thousand times better......So, go figure.......
Good Luck, maybe they can get you a suite at the Four Seasons.

LHmain
5th Oct 2005, 05:38
Thanks Crazy M. Yeah, I know the difference between Jed and Riyadh, but you see I don't have the luxury of choice. I can argue the point of cost of housing B4 I go, but as you all know, once your there its too late. I really don't wanna go. So if anyone has got any alternatives jobs up thier sleeves let me know, please.