PDA

View Full Version : Bwee Trinidad & Tobago.

tropical wave
3rd Oct 2005, 00:58
The Gov has just announced that $250m US will be injected into BWIA, and a completely new management team will be put in place within weeks.

B Sousa
3rd Oct 2005, 02:49
That means:
!. Good will prevail........
2. Aviation will get a jumpstart.
3. Some third worlders will get their pockets full of money..

Take it to Las Vegas anytime #3 is the winner.............

sealy101
9th Oct 2005, 02:12
I wonder if they will start hiring

VeRmiLLioN
9th Oct 2005, 15:24
..and what would the likely requirements be, to be hired?

NG_Kaptain
1st Nov 2005, 15:28
5 "O" Levels, with English and Math, T&T CPL and a T&T national or permanent resident. Some furloughed pilots still out being recalled at this time, no hiring til they are all back, though 20+% pilot body has resigned in last year due to uncertainties in life style in T&T due crime and job insecurity at BW (Midle East hiring A340 and 737NG pilots).

VeRmiLLioN
3rd Nov 2005, 01:14
So what do you think of the chance of a citizen of Barbados with Canadian Cpl/ME/IFR 1000TT?

NG_Kaptain
3rd Nov 2005, 15:32
BW has Barbadian pilots, but they have the right to live in T&T either one of their parents is a Trini, they married a Trini, got a work permit (through the company) or are residents. However, until all the laid off pilots are recalled there will be no new hiring, should be about another year or so.

VeRmiLLioN
4th Nov 2005, 01:35
Thanks NG.

I guess I just keep flying till then!

tropical wave
4th Nov 2005, 22:46
There are only four more pilots to be recalled.If Bwee should expand [which will most probably happen] they will have a major crew problem.Not many Trini's to hire so will look for CARICOM nationals, then use contract pilots while local crews are being trained.

NG_Kaptain
5th Nov 2005, 18:53
Exactly correct Tropical Wave, not many candidates have gone off to flying school and over twenty pilots have resigned to work at Emirates, Etihad and Aramco it appears thar Caricom nationals will need to be recruited.

tropical wave
19th Nov 2005, 02:39
At the last count, Bwee has lost 28 pilots in less than two years.This is a lot considering they only have 160 pilots. I would say they [BWIA] NOW have a crewing problem with the Xmas season upon them. There also seems to be 'no concern' from the powers above.