PDA

View Full Version : Charter Airlines

dawsonio
2nd Oct 2005, 16:18
Any of you that fly charter airlines know if you have to be British to use a british charter plane?

The situation is i have just got married to my wife who is Dominican i am British. She will be getting a Settlement Visa and coming to stay with me in the UK.

Now she lives near Puerto Plata, DR and this airport has a lot of cheap charters going to UK from there. As far as i am aware there are no direct scheduled flights from anywhere in the Dominican Republic to the UK (if anyone knows any please let me know)

So my question is with her UK Visa would she be able to get on say a Thomas cook/Britannia/First Choice/My Travel plane to the UK. Even purchasing a return ticket would be cheaper that a one-way multistop scheduled flight.

Any help much appreciated

Jamesair
2nd Oct 2005, 16:36
I doubt very much whether your wife will be able to buy a ticket for the return leg of a UK originating charter. I have a feeling that Uk charter flights have to be purchased in the UK by a UK citizen. Check out the small print in the brochure offering the flight (holiday). It may give more information.

upperecam
2nd Oct 2005, 17:37
Seat only should be no problem if visa requirements etc are met. Contact Companies direct or at the airport locally. Really should be fine.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
2nd Oct 2005, 18:28
If it was short haul it would not be a problem but long haul is diffrent. Will be luck to get seats in the 1st place.

goldeneye
2nd Oct 2005, 18:32
I work for a major tour opertor in the Uk, if you contact a rep of one the tour operators in the Dom Rep ie First Choice, Thomson, Thomas Cook etc, they should be able to arrange a one way seat sale for a flight to the UK.

dawsonio
5th Oct 2005, 13:58
Thanks, ive heard that too goldeneye that its not specificaly allowed but the reps over there can sort it out. Is it true that only First Choice allow bookings outside of UK?

big fraidy cat
5th Oct 2005, 15:57
Here in Greece, many European charter airlines will do it, as long as there is availability. However, prices tend to be comparable to those of regularly scheduled airlines.

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
5th Oct 2005, 16:45
"Thanks, ive heard that too goldeneye that its not specificaly allowed but the reps over there can sort it out. Is it true that only First Choice allow bookings outside of UK?"

That can be booked on there website yes.

CargoOne
5th Oct 2005, 21:01
Althouth I have never tried to start my travel from overseas heading to UK on a British charter plane but I have travelled several times from UK (LGW and MAN) to several Carribean destinations on MYT and FCA and never had any problems (I'm not British citizen and not UK resident).

However if you try to book these flights (or packages) online or via call-centre you should have a credit card issued in UK.

dawsonio
5th Oct 2005, 21:12
Someone said on another site just book a return and dont use the outgoing leg just the return one, is this possible? As ive heard that if your not on the outgoing flight your return ticket gets cancelled.