PDA

View Full Version : Question for Virgin Blue crew

peanut pusher
2nd Oct 2005, 01:18
Do you remember 2 years ago Sir Dick and the CEO holding a press conference about there VB new generation IFE.
They were going to have on demand satelite sports/movies and news channel.
What has happened with it ??? has it gone the way of the concorde fleet Sir Dick was going to fly to Aus untill somebody informed him that you can't fly supersonic over land and he will have to refuel 3 times and the average ticket will be $35,000.

Welcome Aboard
2nd Oct 2005, 02:59
Yes we are getting it. The first plane is to be fitted out in November I think. Then it will be rolled out across the fleet. 5 inch screens will be positioned in the back of each seat onboard. It is the same product that Jetblue has whereby the passengers were watching the live broadcast of the stuck landing gear. It is in conjunction with Foxtel Australia and a selection of live channels is available. The cost will be $5 payable by credit card only for viewing all channels. The great news is that we will be cutting PAs big time as we don't want to annoy passengers :ok:

High-Flying-Adored
2nd Oct 2005, 09:47
It is the same product that Jetblue has whereby the passengers were watching the live broadcast of the stuck landing gear.

Not only is it the same product, i believe it is quite literally the same systems. JetBlue are upgrading thier a/c with larger screens, and DJ have purchsed thier old ones for installation on our a/c. This may seem a little odd in light of the fact that Neelman and Branson are supposedly mortal enemies (made worse by Virgin US).

IFE is currently available for hire on the international network in the way of Digiplayers. I think they are $12 per sector to hire.

Not sure if they are available on the domestic routes.

blue_stew
2nd Oct 2005, 23:33
I don't care if its small screen, big screen, black and white, WHATEVER; if it means the end of all the 'fun in the cabin' BS that some crew love to inflict on the pax, then I say they can't come soon enough.

I may actually not dread PER flights for once!