PDA

View Full Version : Pia..................... Inside Story

beyblade
1st Oct 2005, 10:20
Hi Everyone,

I sent a post earlier but somehow it was removed from the forum, dont know the reason, so i am reposting it.

I met an old school friend of mine in Manchester, he is working for Pakistan Airline as a First Officer for last 15 years. The inside story of PIA when he told me was very horrifying. Being a very old airline had no Safety Response till IAOSA came for auditing. Lets start from the top management and then Flight Operation Deptt.

The Chairman of PIA is newly appointed, ex CEO of oil company, no experience of aviation. The previous Chairman was an owner of a local shoe maker company and he had no experience of Aviaition also. The present Chairman is drawing approx 40,000 dollars and free housing,travelling etc. etc. The top management has been shuffled around when the boss comes in but they all stay in the airline so none of them work.

The Flight Operation is run by the Vice President (Director Flight Operation). The gentleman is a 747 captain, with lot of experience but he is a follower of Osama bin Laden. His team in the office is group of pilots,and all of them have bad reputation in the airline.

There is no duty limitation, pilots have ended up doing more than 18 hours. The DFO is full of lies and believes in self praising policy. He likes all those who lie in front of his face that he is a good person.He is a very vindictive person, his team people are ex convicts and they all work as an intelligence agency, they all have recording machines in the office, so you have to be very careful what you say in the office.The DFO was famous for running away with his colleague wife.

The Chief of Pilot Coordination is a head of PIA FLight Ops intelligence company and he is famous for his drunken and womanizing behaviour.He was travelling as a passenger on a jump seat in the cockpit and when the crew of the flt came back they were both detailed for monitored check. The same chief went on a vvip flight, he went as a second pilot. The captain of the VViP flight when came back from the Flight was given an appreciation letter by the President of Pakistan but the same captain was given a letter by the DFO that his instructor rating is taken away, cos he touched down 2000ft down the runway. The Info was passed to DFO by his Chief of Intelligence.The Chief of Cordination has group of friends are all famous for womanizing and drinking and then flying in drunken state.

Now Chief of Scheduling, He is nice in front of you but major back stabber. He has done financial fraud in the Pilot association.

The previous Chief of Turbo prop aircraft is removed from the office, now he is working a field agent of PIA investigation team. This gentlman is very famous of lying and threatening pilots in the airline. Being a field agent his job is to get info to DFO.He and his friends are founder members of Mile High Club.He is famous of damaging pilot careers.

Now the Chief of Safety, an ex DFO, no need to say about him. He was thrown out from the office of DFO for his poor mismangement and giving loss to the airline. The safety depatment is run by immature people, among them is one pilot, who got failed in his initial airbus transition and he has no safety experience.

The engineering department is bad shape, all the aircrafts are flying on carried forward items. Most of the engineers have left the airline and working for emirates and so is pilots.

The pilot association is banned by the President of Pakistan.whereas his ass was saved by the PIA pilots.

Things are not good in this airline, pilots are very much underpayed and so as other employee's whereas the big guys are sucking the blood of PIA employees. For further details visit www.satribune.com

Young_Turk
2nd Oct 2005, 03:12
Well Well well....... and I was thinking only AI is Dooomed!!! Looks like our neighbour next door has a few mess ups as well !! Long Live the Legendary Asian Corruption !!!

Only solution in my pea brain ....
P R I V A T I S E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newscaster
2nd Oct 2005, 14:20
If all this was related to any reputed Asian carrier I would have understood posting it here but for a carrier as insignificant as PIA you could have spared yourself the effort, its not like the airline is in the league of SQ, MH, KE, CX, JL etc. that one could even care, what next something sinister from Royal Air Maroc? hmm ... like are they that important.