View Full Version : Rumor has it that Atlas Scab List is being compiled

Unionist
30th Sep 2005, 20:20
A source close to the Polar situation has confirmed that a scab list is being compiled of Atlas crewmembers who have not honored Polars pickets. They have our pictures crossing their lines. This is not good for us. Our guidance has indicated that this would not happen. Whats really up.:\

Airbubba
30th Sep 2005, 21:35
I wouldn't worry about it. All the folks on the "list" who crossed the Continental picket line during the strike in 1983 were given amnesty and are full (dues paying) members of ALPA...

GoodbyePolar
30th Sep 2005, 23:19
The strike isn't going well for Polar crewmembers, so they have resorted to the desperate tactics of video taping Atlas crews reporting for duty and threatening to add them to the scab list. Pathetic!

grazydedog
30th Sep 2005, 23:36
unionist, you have nothing to worry about as long as you followed orders from your MEC. the list is just a list of individuals and an investigation will follow, so if did not do anything wrong you'll be just fine.

airbuba, are you really that big of a scumbag? you would knwowilnly scab because the CO scabs were given amnesty? you are a pathetic excuse of a pilot. also know that the CO scabs were part of a 5,000 pilot group that Alpa wanted for their dues. you are not, and atlas is already alpa and you will be labeled as a scab if you indeed scab and will not get amnesty. what a moron you are . please don't call yourself a proffesional pilot , you are an embarasment. a scab wannabe.
I bet you are drooloing thinking bout the ups or fedex strike? aren't you scumbag?

goodbyepolar, we all know you are cato or his litter helper . whatever you post is meaningless.

Airbubba
30th Sep 2005, 23:58
>...what a moron you are . please don't call yourself a proffesional pilot , you are an embarasment.<

Some of us will never be accepted by polite society here...

DownIn3Green
1st Oct 2005, 01:10
Grazydog or whatever you are...I don't agree with airbubba a lot of times, especially on the "list" issue, however...

You know not of what you speak...

In Aug of 1989 the chairman of EAL"s (that was a real airline, BTW) MEC directed those pilots honoring the IAM picket line to go back to work...

Following the local MEC advice...2,000+ pilots were put on the "non-existant" "list" and most have never recovered to the point where they could still fly for a major...

I remember well the ALPA mantra...don't cross, ALPA will get you preferential hiring at "our" other carriers...

So learn a little history before you open your cakehole....

As for the name calling and mudslinging, I suspect the moderators have not yet reviewed your post, or you most certainally would receive a PM from one of them...

Chill out a little and get a little seniority here at the prune before you show your ignorance...

grazydedog
1st Oct 2005, 01:17
I am well aware of the Eastern fiasco, as a matter of fact i worked with a guy who had that problem ( he just retired) , and it was not the " local MEC" AS YOU PUT IT, SINCE THERE IS NO LOCAL MEC. BUT THE LEC that is why no one from atlas will be put on the scab list until an investigation on the " strike incident reports" have been conducted. do you know what those are? alpa did learn something from the Eastern fiasco and i happened to know a lot more about history than you ( local MEC???) .

I am very afraid that a moderator will censor my post for calling a scab wannabe and a scab promoter a scumbag and a moron.... well... that's waht he is.

censor away .

DownIn3Green
1st Oct 2005, 01:20
D!CK...

sorry Danny, I couldn't resist...

grazydedog
1st Oct 2005, 01:24
you might want to read flying the line I and II before you go aroung giving erroneous history information

dick yourself

Intruder
1st Oct 2005, 02:11
the list is just a list of individuals and an investigation will follow

According to...?

Sounds like more baseless BS designed to intimidate Atlas Crewmembers. If not, we'll see some substantiation. Just look at the bold red text at the bottom! :yuk:

Wino
1st Oct 2005, 02:46
If you aren't performing struck work, you have nothing to worry about. If you are.... Well you deserve everything you get.

Airbubba,

Plenty of fellon's have been pardoned as well. I would suggest you would be better off robbing a liquor store. Its stealing either way, and you got a much better chance of being paroled or pardoned for carrying out armed robbery.

Cheers
Wino

grazydedog
1st Oct 2005, 02:48
intruder, no one is trying to intimidate anyone. unionguy was wondering if a "scab" list was being compiled. the answer is no. however on every picket site they have " strike incident reports" and when the picketer(s) think that someone has crossed the line , they fill one and sent it in, together with photos , flight #, tail#, name of crews( if available ). then each one of those will be investigated. I'm sure someone from Atlas will be part of those investigations. and they are no dick tracy type investigations, most of those reports will be dismisses in 5 seconds. other maybe not. if you have follow your MEC intructions there is absolutly nothing to be worried about. as far as I know, no non managment atlas pilot has done anything wrong. ( but then again i don't know :mad: )

Airbubba
1st Oct 2005, 02:55
'grazydedog', may I assume from your eloquence and demeanor that you fly night freight <g>?

Actually, things are not looking good for the Polar strikers. Walking off the job with thousands of pilots already on the street has its precedents, none of them with happy endings as I recall.

Originally the plan was to identify Polar flight numbers and declare the cargo as struck goods to be avoided by ALPA carriers. However, in the murky netherworld of night freight and comingled Atlas-Polar assets this has proved exceedingly difficult. Some of the load has been carried by Atlas and even Northwest on the Pac Rim routes under third party "freight forwarder" airbills.

Meanwhile, cash rich UPS is looking at acquiring the Polar 744's ASAP if they can get the usual fire sale deal. UPS is having several 744 freighters made from scratch as they scramble to acquire the remaining ones for fleet expansion from pax conversions and the used aircraft market. UPS has done due diligence on Polar/Atlas before but decided that crew integration issues and other problems would not be worth the aircraft and route gains of an acquisition. Of course, if UPS got the aircraft without crews during the Polar strike, the in-house UPS pilot union would be happy and hold their head high since they didn't fly struck goods <g>.

There are precedents for much of this in the pax business. In the Eastern strike, the comingled assets were with Continental and ironically as I mentioned earlier, years later many of the guys that crossed the Continental line in 1983 ended up on the ALPA rolls in good standing (and yes, ALPA did want the dues money from them). Also, as UPS watches Polar's possible demise with some anticipation, ALPA national during the Eastern strike was lead by a Delta captain. Delta benefited more than any other airline from Eastern's shutdown, however, Delta hired far fewer Eastern pilots than any other major carrier and Captain Duffy didn't seem to protest.

grazydedog
1st Oct 2005, 03:01
you will find no argument from me about what you just said. what bother me was that your post seemd to promote scabbibg because Alpa screw up and pardoned the CO scabs . it seemd to me you were saying " go ahead ,scab, there is nothing to loose" . if that was not your intention I'm sorry i insulted you, but that's how i undertud it

Loose rivets
1st Oct 2005, 03:04
Please tell me that this deranged creature is not an airline pilot.

LHmain
1st Oct 2005, 06:55
Forms after injury. Protects the damaged site. Allows healing to take place. Falls off when no longer needed. I can do that. I am sure if I go on strike my boss will have a new guy the next day. Who will feed my cats?

DownIn3Green
1st Oct 2005, 17:48
'grazydedog', may I assume from your eloquence and demeanor that you fly night freight <g>?

...as a new hire somewhere with ALPA stars in your eyes and a grudge against anyone you perceive as a threat to your warped way of expressing your childish opinions...?

You need ALPA to protect your job if you file your paperwork with the same grammar and spelling you use in your posts....

Or maybe you just need another bottle of "whine"...

JJflyer
2nd Oct 2005, 06:56
Unions can be useful for both employess and employers alike. They can moderate, improve communications between groups, provide a medium, provide protection and offer help in case of need. BUT

Militants, radicals and extrimists are found on all walks of life.

When ideology turns into extrimism it is a result of fundamentally flawed thinking process usually of a small group or individuals then adopted by others.
Idea or ideology is twisted to suit the needs of few at the expense of the many.

Whats the result? Taking pictures of people, filming, listing, threats of violence or death to individuals and their families, assaults, verbal abuse, prank calls in the middle of the night. To me this sound more like what would happen in a totalitarian society . GESTAPO comes to my mind or Saddam's secret police.

Union culture in US of A is twisted and badly in need of a D-Check.
McCarthyism is alive, well and kicking?

turrbntrip
2nd Oct 2005, 09:30
Ahh- a new spelling and grammar maven for Rumours N' News, DownIn3Green.

Feeling a little insecure, yes? The mark of a spelling and grammar maven that cannot defend his/her position, and/or has something terrible to hide.

Whassamatter, DownIn? You from 1983 COA? EAL? UAL Fort Ferris? Some Euro alter-ego outfit?

Your insecurity is bleeding thru the keyboard...

TT

threegreenlights
2nd Oct 2005, 13:24
Sounds like you are all a throwback to the winter of discontent in the UK - 1972 wasn't it?

Nothing like the words scum, moron, scab and the general aggressive tone of these threads, to prove to any guests reading that we should be driving buses and not a/c - with all due apologies and respect to bus jockeys.

Come on guys....bit of self-discipline please.

DownIn3Green
2nd Oct 2005, 19:43
Well said, JJ...

I couldn't agree more...

Hope you're well...give me a ring if you get over this way...

You know where I am...

DI3G...

Airbubba
3rd Oct 2005, 03:06
Hopefully, some good news:

October 02, 2005 09:37 PM US Eastern Timezone

Polar Air Cargo and the Air Line Pilots Association Reach Tentative Agreement for a New Contract

PURCHASE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 2, 2005--Polar Air Cargo, Inc. (Polar), a subsidiary of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. (AAWW) (OTC: AAWW.PK), and the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA), the collective bargaining representative of the Crewmembers employed by Polar, have reached a tentative agreement on a new contract ending a two- week-old strike by the Polar Crewmembers.

The parties began negotiations in 2003 for an amended collective bargaining agreement. Since July of 2003, the negotiations have been under the direction of a mediator appointed by the National Mediation Board (NMB). On August 16, the NMB released the parties into the 30-day cooling off period mandated by the Railway Labor Act before either party can implement economic self-help. On September 16, 2005, when last efforts by the parties did not result in an agreement, the Polar Crewmembers went on strike.

"I am very pleased that we have reached a settlement in this matter," said Jeffrey H. Erickson, President and Chief Executive Officer of AAWW. "We can now focus our energies on the upcoming peak shipping season and continued extensive work for the military."

Jim Cato, Vice President of Flight Operations and Labor Relations, added, "We thank the professionalism of the ALPA leadership in reaching this agreement and look forward to working with the Association to complete the merger of the two crew forces."

The tentative agreement is now subject to ratification by the rank and file of Polar's Crewmembers, which is expected to be completed by Wednesday, October 5.

About Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc.:

AAWW is the parent company of Atlas Air, Inc. (Atlas) and Polar Air Cargo, Inc. (Polar), which together operate the world's largest fleet of Boeing 747 freighter aircraft.

Atlas is the world's leading provider of ACMI (aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance) freighter aircraft to major airlines around the globe. Polar is among the world's leading providers of airport-to-airport freight carriage. Polar operates a global, scheduled-service network and serves major trade lanes of the world.

Through both of its principal subsidiaries, AAWW also provides commercial and military charter services.

pakeha-boy
9th Oct 2005, 23:16
All I know is that I commute back and fro to Kiwi through OZ,on the Polar Jumpseat.They are a bloody good bunch of blokes,and all the best to them during this current sagarso....My jumpseat will always be open to them(HP)