PDA

View Full Version : Stamford flypasts/displays - Friday 30 September

G-KEST
30th Sep 2005, 19:39
I was shopping in Stamford today and a Harrier overflew the town on an easterly heading quite a lot lower than normal at around 1200. Later, at about 1245, there was a fine display with a BBMF? Spitfire XIX over the eastern part of the town at a remarkably low but highly entertaining height. Was there some special event being celebrated...........??? Anyway, thanks very much for an enjoyable and reverberating interlude while I was engaged in a boring and burdensome duty.
Cheers,
Trapper 69

PS - My wife thoroughly enjoyed it too.............!!!!! The flying, not the shopping.
:D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :ok: :ok: :ok: :8

kitwe
1st Oct 2005, 10:50
General Sir Mike Jackson visiting his old school (Stamford)?

The Otter's Pocket
1st Oct 2005, 18:18
Lots going on at Witt this week. May have been a left over from that.
The Spit flew directly over my house on the Hill in Stamford.
Was talking to the mortgage company at the time and the doris on the phone thought that it was a truck going past...I was silent for several seconds before I replied that it was just my horn!

romeo bravo
3rd Oct 2005, 17:09
As kitwe said Sir Mike was there as it was his old school and to say goodbye at the retirement of Stamford CCF Commander.

Sir Mike also had a joint retirement bash with the ex-CCF boss.

RB

G-KEST
3rd Oct 2005, 17:31
Well thank you Sir Michael for providing the excuse and to the RAF pilots involved for considerably brightening the shopping expedition for my wife and I.
Cheers,
Trapper 69
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :D :D :D