PDA

View Full Version : Spam

GearDown&Locked
30th Sep 2005, 13:38
Just got Skyped by this just now:

[14:44:36] toti_b says: Greetings,

I am Mr. Toti Byrant the Auditor General of a Prime bank in Africa.There Is an Account opened in this bank in 1980 and since 1990 no body has Operated on this account again. After going through some old file in the records I discovered that if I do not remit this money out urgently it would be forfeited for nothing. The owner of this account is Dr.Phillip Morris , a Foreigner and a miner at delth Gold Co, a geologist by Profession. He died since 1990. And no other person knows about this account or anything concerning it. The account has no other beneficiary and my Investigation Proved to me as well that his company does not know anything about his Account and the amount involved is USD 36m) Thirty Six Million United States Dollars.

I am only contacting you as a foreigner because the bank is going to welcome you as a foreigner that has correct information about the account,which I will give to you before we proceed. I know that this message will come to you as a surprise as we don't know ourselves before, we will sign an agreement for the legitimacy of the money before proceeding further. I strongly believe in God that you will never let me down in this business.I need your full cooperation to make this work fine.

If you are Capable to handle such amount in strict confidence and trust we will achieve this money immediately, because this opportunity might not Come again in life. I will also use my Position to Influence and affect legal approvals and immediate onward transfer of this Money to Your account with appropriate clearance from the ministries and Foreign Exchange department. As soon as the transfer is concluded, you are entitled to 25% of the total fund. I look forward to your earliest reply in my alternativ e email [email protected].ru
thank you

Anyone insterested?
:hmm:

angels
30th Sep 2005, 13:42
Yip, just knocking him out an e-mail now. What a great deal! Nine million bucks for doing sod all.

A bargain.

Thanks for the tip GearDown, when I get the wedge I'll get you a pint.

SoundBarrier
30th Sep 2005, 14:00
Angels.

You are by far the tightest person I've ever come across. GearDown&Locked so kindly helps you obtain 9 Million bucks and all you can get him is a beer?

:}

I am typing my response now to see if I can get the deal instead. If I get the 9 million bucks, GearDown&Locked, you will be getting a six pack mate! :) :ok:

:ouch:

GearDown&Locked
30th Sep 2005, 14:42
make that a six-pack AND a pack of peanuts, and we'll probably have a deal :8

SoundBarrier
30th Sep 2005, 15:20
That'll have to be 5 beers if you want peanuts as well GearDown&Locked. I've been reading the thread about the UK Economy, 9 million pounds won't be worth that much by the time I get it! :)

Doodlebug
30th Sep 2005, 17:03
At least you get a giggle out of spam like that, unlike the mobile-phone-spam increasingly rife in places like the UAE :mad:

(Anybody know whether receiving one of those sms's whilst 'roaming' out on the road actually costs the subscriber money, by the way?)

jmc-man
30th Sep 2005, 21:20
Have a look here (http://www.whatsthebloodypoint.com)
and see how some people enjoy receiving these letters, and have found a way to make it entertaining

XXRASHTSGR
2nd Oct 2005, 14:59
More at www.scamorama.com

My favourites are the Head in the Jar, and Bertie Wooster

TheFlyingSquirrel
2nd Oct 2005, 15:06
You know, I actually knew someone who was one of the first people to get stung by this scam around 10 years ago. He was on an African adventure, and got more than he bargined for. He was taken to a bank building in Lagos, all kosher, and they span him the yarn and he gave them all his travel cash - 14k ! What a prick ! When he went back to find out where his money was, guess what " who ? - no no no, there is nobody by that name here ! - you must have the wrong addresss ! " Now this is a national bank building ! All the bastards are at it out there ! ( And here too if you're not careful ! )

TFS - be careful out there ! :cool:

( PS - the BBC gets away with it legally ! )