PDA

View Full Version : Meteor Drawings

Opssys
30th Sep 2005, 11:15
Many of you are fans of the Meteor, maybe you flew it, maintained it, or like me just thinks it's one of those hmmm aeroplanes.
Well - Robert Craig Johnson - Aviation Artist and Historian has posted a Pictorial Article on his web site with some beautiful drawings:
Chandelle - Journal of Aviation History (http://www.chandelle-jah.com/)

The site is well worth a look anyway
DIH

BEagle
30th Sep 2005, 12:41
An intruiging site - to think that we once had an aircraft industry which was designing things like the English-Electric P 10....

Opssys
30th Sep 2005, 13:46
BEagle.
First please don't get me on the subject of the wanton destruction of the British Aircraft Industry from Duncan Sandys onwards. There are not enough dried Frog Pills in the universe to bring me down from 60, 000 feet, if this becomes a topic.

Re Chandelle, it is I found over the years an excellent site, but he doesn't keep a continuous archive, Miss an issue and its gone. I have with his permission republished two articles in PDF Format on my site, but as these are available in the early issues archive on World at War, this is hardly progress, but I am in the process of grovelling for permission to reproduce all the British Articles I have saved.
We shall see!
Glad you found it intriguing
DIH