PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Pay and Conditions

Skidmark
30th Sep 2005, 02:05
Copped an email from Etihad the other day. It seems that they may be looking for crews.

Can anyone enlighten as to their pay and conditions. Do they pay for housing/accommodation, vehicle allowance(to/from work), leave for expats etc.???

Only interested in FO rates.

meatbomb67
30th Sep 2005, 02:21
I'm also interested to hear what experience they are looking for...i keep seeing ads in the Flt Int mag,they must be screeming for crews,but they & other carriers in the region want type rated & EFIS.
I'm not experiences in either..although have 1900 hrs analog pocket rocket jet exp.Something has to give somewhere...
Any info much appreciated.

uid0
30th Sep 2005, 05:46
http://careers.etihadairways.com/English/Careers/jobs/details.asp?Job_ID=203

Clacker minus one
30th Sep 2005, 08:23
Seems like they still demand a type rating.

For how long can they do that?

sky330
3rd Oct 2005, 11:10

For as long as they find the guys :E

slimy
7th Oct 2005, 13:43
Yes they are looking for type rated guys but have taken on some captains recently who are only 320/1. The pay is not too good and the allowance for housing is about 20-30 thousand lower than what is required for the area at 90,000UAE Dirums for a captain and 85 for the FO.
There are no allowances for cars or transport and in the present climate it would be batter to stay away until the infighting has ended. All this is second hand form a reliable source though and may be incorrect. Wach this space for pay and allowance increase!
:confused:

Ivan aromer
8th Oct 2005, 14:08
What is the package on the freighters?
Do they have interline?
What is the roster pattern like?
What is Abu Dhabi like to live in?

Clacker minus one
12th Oct 2005, 18:51
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For as long as they find the guys

Well, I will rephrase: For how long will people be willing to move to the desert working for a company that allegedly pays badly when they have a job elsewhere? One should think that those days were long gone?

Rogi
16th Oct 2005, 09:03
could somebody tell me what the average monthly `bling bling` situation is (basic + f/pay + sector pay ? + pension ? + ...) ??

And YES, I have been on their site. I just want an answer from somebody within the comp PLEASE !! (slimy perhaps....)

If you dont want to write in public, feel free to PM me.

Thankyou,
Rogi.

for an F/O with type (320/330)

THANKS

A-3TWENTY
18th Oct 2005, 06:56
IŽd also like to know from one flying there how much you take home after per diems,allowances ,etc..

Why are they recruiting A320 captains if they just have 330/340`s ??

Feel free to send me a MP.

Thanks a lot

boeingdriverx
18th Oct 2005, 07:07
i am not EY, but to your last question i could reply:

because they dont find enough A330/340 rated guys, so they take some A320 folks and CCQized them...

it is way cheaper like that than pay for a full conversion course for a non-airbus rated guy...

oh yes i forgot:

abu dhabi is i think nice if you are single, night life is ok, bar and restaurant too. if you have kids that might end up as an expensive place to live. housing is quite expensive.

for family life i think bahrain is nice, and still not as expensive as doha, or dubai. Bahrain is maybe sometimes a little bit too "small"... Night life is ok, but most of the times you end up in the same places with other (or the same) expats...

Doha: been there only for training, so I HEARD that most of people dont like it too much, and housing is gone crazy the last months... It seems also that it is not the best place to go out...

Dubai is also ok for families, as far as you have there good schools, but dubai as most of you know is very expensive... Some guys based in Abu Dhabi live in Dubai, it is a good hour by road depending on where you live in dubai...

I hope it helps...

munchkins
18th Oct 2005, 20:02
Golden days of the expat in UAE are long gone. Prices have risen astronomically in the past 2 years. Rents have gone up 30% in the last 18 months and still rising. Gas up 31% and the general cost of living is expensive now. Salaries and accommodation allowances have not followed suit so it is no longer a particularly good deal. Does everyone else agree?

SecurID
18th Oct 2005, 21:40
9 years experience in Dubai says yes, I agree!

Ahad Adump
20th Oct 2005, 04:31
After 11 years, I concur.

How new FO's survive on that crap starting salary, goodness knows.

Hot rumour on the golf course is: SIEMENS is pulling out of Dubai. TOO EXPENSIVE!!!! Rent, schools, clubs, office space etc.

Hear 777 basings with Jet Airways in UK on the cards in 2007.
15US......sort your own tax.

SIA Cargo begging for 744 drivers....life-style roster...10 on 7 off.

Is the sand at Desert course "waste land"? Can I move sand away, from behind the ball, without moving the ball, to get club to ball?

fullforward
20th Oct 2005, 16:11
Check your PM please.

Sheikh Ahmed BinSaif
22nd Oct 2005, 11:16
saylari iz very goud weth etihad

munchkins
25th Oct 2005, 14:30
Ha! Ha!! SO funny!!