PDA

View Full Version : Jar Fcl Doctor In Me

popay
29th Sep 2005, 18:23
Hey folks need some help please,
Need to find out an aviation doctor in ME (BAH, DXB) approved by JAA in accordance with JAR FCL, for annual medical check class 1 in order to prolong the JAA license.
Just for interest sake, how do you (Europeans), maintain your license? Do you go back home and do the medical there or do it here?
Thanks for the help.
Cheers.

mutt
29th Sep 2005, 18:28
Popay,

Thought you were based in Saudi, if so, you can have it done with the RSAF in Dhahran. Excellent rates!!!

Let me know if you want contact details.

Mutt.

popay
29th Sep 2005, 18:33
Mutt, no man I am in Doha.
However, please let me know the contact details. Please send me pm.
Thanks a lot, man.
Cheers.

millerscourt
30th Sep 2005, 04:30
popay

in Bahrain try Dr Nader Al- Safar 00 973 710066 He was a GF Doctor when I was there. If you go to UK CAA Website it lists others in DXB and BAH and still shows him and two others. GF Female Cabin Crew tend to give him a miss but you should be OK!! In any case you have to get undressed for a renewal medical!!

loc22550
30th Sep 2005, 05:38
personnaly every year during my leave i use this opportunity to pass my jar Medical in europe.
But i known for sure there is one jar approved doctor in bahrein, where you can renew your class 1 medical(some european pilots go there,maybe itīs the doctoR Nader......donīt known him).
cheers

popay
30th Sep 2005, 09:02
Hi folks, thank a lot to all of you for the info.
Here is the link for the UK CAA and JAA approved Medical centres http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=49&pagetype=65&applicationid=21&mode=list&county=Non-UK
Medical class 1 will be recognised by local authorities, of JAA members states.
Cheers.

iskanmar
30th Sep 2005, 13:56
Just did my class I JAA in Dubai with doctor Roger Akel.Uk AME.
Address :1st floor,Magrudy Center Jumeirah.
Office number(Dubai) 3442773.
Price will depend on what you need .......audiogram,pickflow etc.
Hope it helps.

Oblaaspop
30th Sep 2005, 15:22
Well, I'm sure he'll remove himself if you ask nicely:yuk:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Studebaker978
2nd Oct 2005, 17:09
Dr Jafar in Bahrain. He works in GF medical centre. Can sign your Qatari and JAA licence in one go.
+9739621015

;)

Anybody here has an idea what a "pickflow" is???? Sorry, could not leave it alone aswell:ok:

popay
4th Oct 2005, 17:03
Hi there, went to Bahrain, done the medical with Dr. Jaffar Altaraif, a nice gentleman. Did the appointment, couldn’t make it because of usual delay out of DOH, about 1 hour. However came VERY late and the DOC. was extremely cooperative and did the medical within 2 hours, between the other patients, so I could catch the flight back.
Overall costs about 400 QR medical, 50 QR visa BAH 100 QR Limo RT, 130 QR ticket. 200 QR fees for UK CAA.
I can warmly recommend the gentleman.
Cheers.