PDA

View Full Version : help i need flight loads on B.A & others for the 2nd of oct

virgincrew99
29th Sep 2005, 13:42
Hi all,
I really need your help i am hoping to fly out standby on the second of october with ba to hong kong could anyone help me out and tell me whats the loads are at the moment and is there any chance that other airline staff that are not ba staff have any hope of getting on cheers
flight numbers Ba027 Ba 031 cheers xxx

747B777
29th Sep 2005, 22:38
BA 25 27 31 all full. There are about 5 staff , ahead of me 8 years, on sby for each flight. Why not go Virgin?

sinkingship
30th Sep 2005, 04:26
I think CX are quite busy have you checked QF to HK, usually a good bet.

TopBunk
30th Sep 2005, 08:03
without prejudice:

whilst the 3 BA flights that day do indeed look full, the numbers I have seen include the usual overbooking profile. On flights such as these there are frequently quite a lot of no-shows, usually all booked commercial pax will get away comfortably - especially in this case with 3x747 flights.

That will usually mean that there will be limited space for staff travellers. It then becomes a game of chance, obviously with BA and then , I guess, Oneworld staff members getting onloaded next, before any other airline staff.

There can be no guarantees, but it is possible that you might on, but as others say, there might be better carriers to try. The problem at LHR is that BA fly ex T1 whereas CX and VS go from T3, so it is more difficult to hop from desk to desk.

Good luck....

RevMan2
30th Sep 2005, 13:18
Everyone has all classes open for sale (which means that the forecasts are still showing availability) at this time (including LH via FRA and AF via CDG)
AF is currently showing -20 (aggregated over all classes) with a forecast of -30

DEH
30th Sep 2005, 13:25
Hi, just got back from HKG this morning. All 3 BA flights from HKG were approx 35-40 oversold. Only got on as was travelling with one of the crew.

BA staff in HKG advising other staff to try CX or QF.

Went outbound on 26th, three of us on jumpseats all the way, 11 and half hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The joys of staff travel.

Good luck anyway, go smart, smile and you never know you might end up turning left!!!

Long live the dog.:D

DarkStar
1st Oct 2005, 00:51
DEH - when you say you 'only got on because you were travelling with one of the crew' ...I hope that didn't mean someone who should have travelled was left behind. If so, its these type fiddles that give Crew a bad name.:yuk:

TopBunk
1st Oct 2005, 01:12
Darkstar

There are certain seats on board aircraft that are for use by people solely at the crew's (normally the captains') discretion. These are not normal passenger seats, but unoccupied flight and cabin crew seats by doors or on the flight deck (restrictions on the latter, especially, often apply), or in the cabin in designated crew rest seats.

These seats cannot (in my airline) be used until all regular commercial seats are used by either commercial pax or staff (rebate) travellers in the appropriate onload sequence.

However, on these conditions are met, it is then down to the captain on the day to decide on who, if anyone, gets these seats. You will find that normal ID onload priorities can and rightly so, will be bypassed on the day and friends and colleagues given those seats before other staff.

Don't like it - tough, get to know someone on the crew, become crew yourself or wait for a seat to be available on a later flight.

Crew get few enough perks as it is - this is one of the few remaining, and even that comes (rightly) after maximising the commercial payload.

DarkStar
1st Oct 2005, 01:19
I'm Flt Crew actually and I've seen too many sharp practices. I'll always try and get staff away on all seats whenever possible. Lets face it, staff travel is getting more and more difficult these days. My brother was left behind out of HKG a coupe of years back due to dubious seat allocation.

worldwidelad
1st Oct 2005, 12:09
lets face it, there is corruption all over the show.

Crew have no control of who gets on a flight apart from the crew rest seats. As has been said, these seats are ours and we can decide who can sit on them whilst we are working. I have had far worse experiences with ground staff putting their mates on flights before me. Happened to me quiet recently, the dispatcher told the captain there were 2 sby's, when there were infact 3. Therefore he allowed a senior engineer from MAN to travel instead of me who was commuting to work. ( before anyone says it the engineer was not on duty). As it happened my friend knew the captain on the flight which is how i discovered this underhandedness.

In my airline I find that ground staff take so much abuse from passengers, they give it straight back to crew who they know just have to take it.

Anyway this is turning into a whole different thread.

Hope you get on your flight x

virgincrew99
1st Oct 2005, 13:43
thank you everyone for your help

hopefully i will be able to return the fav in the near future just getting packed and ready to go

be good and happy flying

virgincrew99
xxx