View Full Version : American companies with crews based in Europe

blindpilot
29th Sep 2005, 11:35
Hi everyone,

I hold a canadian ATP with about 5500 TT, including a lot of experience in IFR, turboprop with MTOW>12500 Lbs.
With this licence I flew in Canada, USA, southern Europe and Africa for different companies with different registrations.

I am french (that’s why this english is so bad…) and of course I would like to fly in France or in Europe.
So, few months ago, I started the procedures to convert my canadian licence to a JAA one.
And there, big surprise : impossible to get a class 1 medical, since I wear glasses.
I tried with UK, France and Switzerland…..impossible

I never had any problem to get my canadian or FAA class 1 medical.

To make a long story short, I tried all the means to get this class 1 and none of the JAR states would accept my vision correction.

So, the solution I found is to get an FAA ATP and fly in Europe on a N registered aircraft.

I know that few american companies have crew members based in Europe.

I am about to complete this ATP and I would like to get some advices from you guys about the companies who would give me a chance to fly on their N aircraft based in Europe.

Other registrations/companies with the same conditions are, of course, welcome...

Thanks for your comments and help

Blind Pilot
:cool:

saviboy
30th Sep 2005, 13:32
hi
cathay pacific is not an american carrier but i think they have a base in frankfurt.
with your times, you could apply for at least an second officer position and maybe an FO position.
go to fragrant harbour wannabees for more info.
bonne chance

blindpilot
30th Sep 2005, 15:08
Bonjour Saviboy,

CP recruiters have already my resume in their files. They called me last year for an interview...but I was on a rotation in Africa and unfortunately couldn't go to the assessment taking place in Paris...:*

Since this date, no news from them and I recently updated my resume.

That's right, they have crew based in Europe, but with my experience, the initial base would be in HK and after 3 years (If I remember well...) as SO, I would have the possibility to bid for an european base.

That was the scheme last year and I have to check again how it works now.

Thanks

BP
:cool:

Taikonaut
2nd Oct 2005, 06:55
Atlas Air also has a base in Europe (London Stansted, England). And they do hire people who has the right to abode in Europe.

It is operated under the name of GSS and they fly charters for BA, LH, Dragon, CX etc.