PDA

View Full Version : advice for baggage handling/ramp work in europe (NL)

mjtibbs
29th Sep 2005, 10:22
Hi,

I live in the UK & I'm thinking of going to europe to work, perhaps in an airport in the netherlands like Schiphol as a baggage handler, or some other type of ramp work (seeing as I have no expierience this is probably realistically my starting option).

Does anyone know of any websites with baggage handler vacancies throughout europe? I tried aviationjobsearch but there are no baggage handler positions in the netherlands right now. Also tried the schiphol official webpage but the vacancies are all in Dutch & there is no English version on the job search page.

Also would it be a big problem that my Dutch leaves somthing to be desired, or would these airports be mainly english speaking?

thanks

--tibbz

HZ123
15th Oct 2005, 15:42
Do not know but BA is recruiting 300 ramp agents from next month onwards try the website.

Abdel
6th Nov 2005, 14:48
Tibbs,

The handlers in Schipol are called KLM JetCentre.

Check this site out: http://www.jetcenter.nl/home.html

NordicJetSet
9th Nov 2005, 15:41
Are you sure about JetCentre? I think it's only for handling private jets...

KLM job site is: http://www.klm.com/corporate/jobs/en/index.html
Another one you could try is GlobeGround: tel. + 31 (0)20 - 7952700 (not sure about the number...). Then there is also Menzies.

Good luck!

mjtibbs
10th Nov 2005, 16:33
thanks for the info guys.

I emailed the folks at JetCenter regardless.... not had a reply though.

I will check out the klm site. when i located the vacancies section of the jobs at the schiphol website, it was all in dutch & there didnt seem to be any baggage jobs, but I havnt checked the KLM site directly :)

thx again

-tibbz

vjg
13th Nov 2005, 17:40
Hi,

We got 4 big handling agencies at Schiphol.

1) KLM
2) Globeground
3) Menzies
4) Aviapartner

Try the first 3 because Aviapartner just lost BA as a big customer.

JetCentre handles mainly private aircraft at Schiphol-East.