PDA

View Full Version : New base for Jet2.com

BIGGLES02
29th Sep 2005, 08:38
Announced today, Jet2.com opening up from B#@

URL removed. If Jet2 would like to advertise they may do so by requesting a quote. We draw the line at PPRuNe posters doing it for them.

PPP

BPL321
29th Sep 2005, 09:05
Nothing on website re BLK.

kotakota
29th Sep 2005, 09:12
Can't believe I fell for that old chestnut. It got me on to their website ok !!Must get more sleep , and a life.
BLK ? Bo*****s more like.

BPL321
29th Sep 2005, 09:14
lol yeah.I nearly booked a flght from MAN while I was on there.

Still remains though that BLK have a \'major\' announcement today which is what I\'m interested in.

BombardierCR7
29th Sep 2005, 10:14
BLK - BFS, PMI and MJV, on their website now

SASfox
29th Sep 2005, 10:14
Jet2 to start Belfast Int 4 times weekly on 4th November and Palma and Murcia from next summer.

Jet2
29th Sep 2005, 10:43
Didn't see that one coming :eek:

BFS service that starts on 4th November appears to be planned with a BLK based aircraft looking at the schedules so fully expecting more routes for winter to be announced.

Niaga Dessip
29th Sep 2005, 10:46
KOTAKOTA...... nice one, your finger is obviously on the pulse! :)

ND

PTH needs tarmac
29th Sep 2005, 11:12
I don't think the aircraft is BLK based for the initial BFS flight from 4th Nov.

From the Timetable page

LS721 departs BLK at 1440 to BFS and returns to BLK at 1640 as LS722

However if you try to book a flight

LS722 operates BLK to BFS and arrives at BFS at 1640. LS721 is the BFS-BLK leg

These directly contradict each other!

For one flight 4x per week it would be a stretch even for Jet2 to have the aircraft parked at BLK for all except 8 hours per week! Or are they starting a mail contract from BLK?

When the other two flights start there will be one flight on Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri with two flights on Sat & Sun which seem to be done by a single aircraft if I'm reading the Timetable pages correctly.

PTH

BPL321
29th Sep 2005, 11:28
If you look at the BLK website the airline say they are basing atleast 1 a/c initially at BLk with further new routes to be announced. Hope that helps.

despegue
29th Sep 2005, 15:29
Maybe they will use an AAI aircraft initially?:ok:

smythy
29th Sep 2005, 15:50
I think It is safe to say Jet2 are becomming on of the UK's best low cost carriers allong side the like's of Ryanair, Easyjet and Bmi Baby. I think opening another new base suddenly after the opening of Newcastle and LBA's new destinations shows just how good Jet2 are becoming since the early days at LBA to Palma, Alicante and Malaga. :ok:

LBA
29th Sep 2005, 16:10
They have announced BLK-BFS/MJV/PMI great news for Blackpool!

YYZ
29th Sep 2005, 16:53
Was a surprise to me whilst in the hold today when a Jet2 requested a straight in ILS! First I knew they were flying from there?

Also heard "Kittyhawk" today, anyone know if that is a government call sign? Kinda think it is, seemed to cause problems going through Manchester airspace.

YYZ

wassat
29th Sep 2005, 16:59
Kittyhawk is usually reserved for HRH Prince Phillip.

Wonder where he was off to today??

YYZ
29th Sep 2005, 17:15
Landed at Blackpool I think, lost track whilst concentrating very very hard! Honest:rolleyes:

YYZ

Jet2LBA
29th Sep 2005, 17:45
Jet2 have chosen to focus on becoming the dominant LCC from northern England, with what must now be more flights than any other LCC from the region. From a marketing point of view, BLK ought to be quite straightforward, the brand will already be recognised in the area due to advertising overlaps of its exising services from MAN and LBA. Now, the question is, did LS react to ZB's announcement of BLK-AGP a month or two ago or was this already in the pipeline? I'm sure LS would have jumped at the chance of operating BLK-AGP alongside these new services if ZB hadn't got in there first.

So we now have Jet2 at LBA, MAN, NCL and BLK in the region. Perhaps there is still hope that HUY could be a future piece in the jigsaw?

goldeneye
29th Sep 2005, 17:51
Also heard "Kittyhawk" today, anyone know if that is a government call sign? Kinda think it is, seemed to cause problems going through Manchester airspace.

Kittyhawk is the RAF's callsign when there is a VIP flight ie the Primeminister, Royal Family etc

airhumberside
29th Sep 2005, 18:18
So we now have Jet2 at LBA, MAN, NCL and BLK in the region. Perhaps there is still hope that HUY could be a future piece in the jigsaw?
I would hope so

eal401
30th Sep 2005, 08:15
Is broadcasting the callsign used by the RAF for VIP flights in a public forum appropriate?

Or am I being overly paranoid? :ouch:

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
30th Sep 2005, 08:35
I think it is pretty common knowledge
that its a royal flight callsign but
other callsigns can be used when royalty are on board

G-I-B

YYZ
30th Sep 2005, 15:45
Royal flights are also on Notams, Purple airways I think, It's all coming back slowly, one thing at a time or I might overload:rolleyes: